ADVERTISEMENT

Next Year

How are the two statements different?! Sorry, but I can't impart reading comprehensions on you guys. You guys will just have to figure it out among yourselves.
You’re either an idiot or a d bag, I can’t decide which, so I’ll just assume both.

They’re not different and if you can’t decipher that, I’m sure tickled pink that you won’t be helping with our reading comprehension.

PSU can’t win with just Pennsylvanian recruits, nor can any other school. That’s all he was saying. You cherry picked the stupidest line (I assume because low hanging fruit is all a mental midget like you can grab at) and then argued about it for a page and a half.

You suck and contribute nothing, which is why you’re on you’re 2nd or 3rd name here now?

Stop cluttering the forms with your stupidity so that I may be able to find information on a certain Pennsylvania prep star that I hear may be committing soon.

You’re either an idiot or a d bag, I can’t decide which, so I’ll just assume both.

They’re not different and if you can’t decipher that, I’m sure tickled pink that you won’t be helping with our reading comprehension.

PSU can’t win with just Pennsylvanian recruits, nor can any other school. That’s all he was saying. You cherry picked the stupidest line (I assume because low hanging fruit is all a mental midget like you can grab at) and then argued about it for a page and a half.

You suck and contribute nothing, which is why you’re on you’re 2nd or 3rd name here now?

Stop cluttering the forms with your stupidity so that I may be able to find information on a certain Pennsylvania prep star that I hear may be committing soon.
Your education has failed you. Good job.

Any way you slice it, Cael is proving to be 5X the coach vs Tom. Really no argument at this point and I am a huge Iowa homer. I hate Penn State but the results speak for themselves. Better recruiter, better coach, better at developing and better at getting his guys ready for March. The confidence and mental strength PSU guys have in crunch time (Semi and Finals) is remarkable.

After being in Detroit for three days, I couldn’t tell you what the Iowa style is anymore. Disgusted watching half of our line-up. The healthy guys were the ones doing nothing offensively outside of DeSanto.

A couple really interesting years coming up for Tom and Co. If Henson, Brands, Assad and Kennedy don’t produce, we are 4th or worse in our own conference. My hope is we use/at least consider using the portal for 33/57/74/84…Jaydin/Lugo/DeSanto turned out to be excellent additions.

This won’t be a popular post and I understand we are coming off a national title but we aren’t set-up to reload right now which is the standard. We shouldn’t be rebuilding again like we did from 2012-2015 ish.
Popular or not, you're spot on. We have to do something - and be consistent with doing something - to remain competitive against PSU. It's good to see hardcore Hawks fans being real about what is actually going on here.

Without the injuries that happened this year we would have likely scored just about 130. We were damn near missing 50+ points.

Lee would be good for 23+ points (Drake got .5)
Eierman would have had 20 more than he did.
Kemerer another 6.
Cassioppi 5 more at least.
A healthy Eierman and Kemerer would have had high chances to beat Lee and Starocci and lowered their points. It would have come down to Saturday night.
That all sounds great, but too often during the past 12 years once the NCAA tournament wraps up we begin our discussions about what might have been and what we should have done better. I love our Hawks and I I don't know why our guys can't perform at NCAAs like PSU's guys do. And I understand that injuries do occur, but injuries aren't the only thing hurting us when it counts. Our non-injured guys with one exception sucked at NCAAs. Not to pick on Kaleb Young, but he was 5th at NCAAs in 2019...and now 3 years later he fails to make the podium. I honestly believe he has/had the goods to be a top 4 AA guy each year, and was thinking he had a chance to be a top 1-2 guy following his performance in the 2019 NCAAs. But unfortunately he just never improved. My main bitch is and always has been that most of our guys do not consistently let it fly, even against guys we should dominate. I hate watching the bad-asses on our team - and I'm counting 10 of them each dual - go out there and hand-fight opponents for 7 minutes. I know everyone doesn't have the technique and engine like ADS but I'm thinking they all have an engine close to Cass'. So why in the world is Cass taking more TD attempts than the lighter guys? That's embarrassing! And Cass is generally giving up 10-20 (and more) pounds to his opponents when the rest of these guys aren't giving up anything. We have to fix our offense...with few exceptions it just sucks.

Cael has coached 32 individual champions at Penn State. 16 by wrestlers that went to high school in PA. 16 by wrestlers that went to high school in the 49 other states.

You might have heard of a few of the PA guys: Carter Starocci, Zain Retherford, Jason Nolf, Vincenzo Joseph, Ed Ruth, Quinten Wright, Nico Megaludis.

Edit: I randomly picked the 2015-2016 PSU team to check the OP’s assertion that few of Cael’s starters over the past 10 years have been PA guys. That team went undefeated, won the dual championship series over OKST, won the Big Ten Tournament and won the NCAA tournament. 8 of the team’s 10 starters were PA guys.
Who exactly did TnT bring Woods in over, since you had to chime in you little crap stain.

not really ,but ok now that you admit it why don’t you explain why you did it. Just curious
Because I laughed when I came across your post.

Honestly, it’s one thing to claim the moral high ground about being recruited over (what would Ybarra say about that?). But to also claim PSU “circumvents” the rules? Come on. Despise your rival all you want but accuse them of cheating? Why the need to go there? What rules have they broken? Last I checked, it was your program, not our’s, that was last sanctioned by the NCAA.

So yes - haha is my response.

Honestly, it’s one thing to claim the moral high ground about being recruited over (what would Ybarra say about that?). But to also claim PSU “circumvents” the rules? Come on. Despise your rival all you want but accuse them of cheating? Why the need to go there? What rules have they broken? Last I checked, it was your program, not our’s, that was last sanctioned by the NCAA.

Oh Ms. Pat causing trouble yet again. You seem to have a habit of stirring up the masses, apologizing and then saying you won’t be back again. Yet hear you are, buzzing around like a fly, with your backhanded insults to the Iowa program that you know will get under peoples skin.

You don’t have to call yourself a troll. Actions speak louder than words.

Oh Ms. Pat causing trouble yet again. You seem to have a habit of stirring up the masses, apologizing and then saying you won’t be back again. Yet hear you are, buzzing around like a fly, with your backhanded insults to the Iowa program that you know will get under peoples skin.

You don’t have to call yourself a troll. Actions speak louder than words.
I reacted to his post. He was offended by it and asked for my reason. If reactions to posts gets under your skin, then your skin is even thinner than mine. I didn’t even realize it was his post when he called me out on it; I had to look it up!

Reactions: el dub

Okay first off I give you more credit than most by at least responding, now I have never used the term (cheating) So let’s just clear that up. I leave you with this question , what are the PSU slush funds used for? It’s very common knowledge they have 4-5x everyone else yearly so how is it being used? Maybe you can enlighten me, Mind you I am a fan of wrestling and truly have respect for all programs, I just despise ignorant fans that don’t believe rules can be skirted , especially when big money is involved.

Okay first off I give you more credit than most by at least responding, now I have never used the term (cheating) So let’s just clear that up. I leave you with this question , what are the PSU slush funds used for? It’s very common knowledge they have 4-5x everyone else yearly so how is it being used? Maybe you can enlighten me, Mind you I am a fan of wrestling and truly have respect for all programs, I just despise ignorant fans that don’t believe rules can be skirted , especially when big money is involved.
The following wasn’t an accusation of cheating?

“Iowa does not and most likely can not because they are limited by the rules.
PSU has the means to circumnavigate those rules”

its-itspat.gif

I certainly read it as an accusation of cheating. And it was the reason for my haha reaction. Would you like me to un-haha it?
No , I think your HaHa was in fact legitimate and well thought out.
That being said , do you think bringing Woods in was “ recruiting over“ an existing top recruit?

Right
can you show me how to do that.
Take Gary Steen as an example. He was committed to Pitt for almost a full ride. Suddenly during a dead period for recruiting, he changed his commitment to PSU for almost no scholarship. His family does not have money, but somehow he gave up a close to full ride to Pitt to go to PSU for close to nothing. Where did the money come from to pay for his college costs? I know it was from his rich uncle, but he has not such uncle.

Take Gary Steen as an example. He was committed to Pitt for almost a full ride. Suddenly during a dead period for recruiting, he changed his commitment to PSU for almost no scholarship. His family does not have money, but somehow he gave up a close to full ride to Pitt to go to PSU for close to nothing. Where did the money come from to pay for his college costs? I know it was from his rich uncle, but he has not such uncle.
1. Financial aid based on our families income. FASA score. We don’t make much money, so this will be around 50%
2. Academic scholarships. #1 in the High School class. This will be around 40%
3 Athletic scholarship, Top 5 position recruit in the country. This will cover the remaining 10%

Most Div 1 programs stack scholarships
This is how it worked for my kid. She will be accounting for 10% of 1 of the 10 athletic scholarships they are able to give.

Reactions: mcpat

The actual answer in these cases is likely “loans.” That is how most college students without rich uncles pay for college. Now, is that advisable? It becomes less so the steeper the tuition price (and perhaps in association with field of study chosen and potential for ROI). At ages 17-21, young men and women aren’t always making the best financial decisions, and there is no guarantee the adults in their lives know any better.

For me, I was very fortunate most of my undergraduate was covered by a combination of athletic and academic aid - but there was still a decent gap covered by loans as my family was dirt poor and estimated contribution was $0.00. My parents encouraged me to “apply and go wherever I wanted “and we would “figure out how to make it work.” In hindsight it worked fine for me (Med school was another story - debt for that was a whole new world of pain), but you can see how that blind advice could spell trouble down the road if someone takes it and decided to major in Underwater Basketweaving at NYU or something.

Now, it’s true I have no idea the specific circumstances behind Steen’s personal situation. But not everyone uses the same financial calculus (for better or worse) when deciding on college commitments.

The actual answer in these cases is likely “loans.” That is how most college students without rich uncles pay for college. Now, is that advisable? It becomes less so the steeper the tuition price (and perhaps in association with field of study chosen and potential for ROI). At ages 17-21, young men and women aren’t always making the best financial decisions, and there is no guarantee the adults in their lives know any better.

For me, I was very fortunate most of my undergraduate was covered by a combination of athletic and academic aid - but there was still a decent gap covered by loans as my family was dirt poor and estimated contribution was $0.00. My parents encouraged me to “apply and go wherever I wanted “and we would “figure out how to make it work.” In hindsight it worked fine for me (Med school was another story - debt for that was a whole new world of pain), but you can see how that blind advice could spell trouble down the road if someone takes it and decided to major in Underwater Basketweaving at NYU or something.

Now, it’s true I have no idea the specific circumstances behind Steen’s personal situation. But not everyone uses the same financial calculus (for better or worse) when deciding on college commitments.
Do you honestly believe a high end recruit sought after by the great Carl has student debt after college? When I ask where all the slush money goes all I hear is crickets and I have asked everyone who makes the arguments for psu. De Nile is not just a river in Egypt.

• Haha
Reactions: mcpat
Do you honestly believe a high end recruit sought after by the great Carl has student debt after college? When I ask where all the slush money goes all I hear is crickets and I have asked everyone who makes the arguments for psu. De Nile is not just a river in Egypt.
This is a great parody post. It actually reads like a lot of the serious posts on here by the usual suspects. You forgot “go away you turd” and “crawl up Carl’s butt” but otherwise you nailed it.

Reactions: bourbon n blues
When I ask where all the slush money goes all I hear is crickets
Exactly where is the slush fund?

I assume "the slush fund" is the NLWC assets, and where its money goes relates to its disbursements year-to-year from those assets and their earnings.

As the NLWC is a charitable organization, I am confident it keeps books and makes reports regarding the costs attributed to its charitable works in order to maintain its IRS 501(c)(3) status.

I seem to recall incredulity expressed regarding costs to put on clinics taken from what was purported to be a prior years' statement. Maybe it was one shortly after Ira Lubert infused the NLWC with a substantial donation.

If that kind of incredulity of the past is likely to prevail when looking at future years' statements, I don't see what benefit getting those statements might provide.

Since I'm neither a forensic accountant nor expert with 501(c)(3) rules, I doubt I'd be able to correctly interpret the statements. Maybe you can do the work. I think that’d be more productive than asking anonymous posters, who can't possibly know the answer. Their not knowing is probably why they don't answer you. It wouldn't serve your desire to obtain the truth to receive bad information from anonymous posters.

Good luck in your quest.

Last edited:
Reactions: PAHURDLER and mcpat

I assume "the slush fund" is the NLWC assets, and where its money goes relates to its disbursements year-to-year from those assets and their earnings.

As the NLWC is a charitable organization, I am confident it keeps books and makes reports regarding the costs attributed to its charitable works in order to maintain its IRS 503(1) (c) status.

I seem to recall incredulity expressed regarding costs to put on clinics taken from what was purported to be a prior years' statement. Maybe it was one shortly after Ira Lubert infused the NLWC with a substantial donation.

If that kind of incredulity of the past is likely to prevail when looking at future years' statements, I don't see what benefit getting those statements might provide.

Since I'm neither a forensic accountant nor expert with 501(1)(c) rules, I doubt I'd be able to correctly interpret the statements. Maybe you can do the work. I think that’d be more productive than asking anonymous posters, who can't possibly know the answer. Their not knowing is probably why they don't answer you. It wouldn't serve your desire to obtain the truth to receive bad information from anonymous posters.

Good luck in your quest.
You are probably correct and everything is recorded with the IRS to maintain its 503 status.
Go Hawks!

That all sounds great, but too often during the past 12 years once the NCAA tournament wraps up we begin our discussions about what might have been and what we should have done better. I love our Hawks and I I don't know why our guys can't perform at NCAAs like PSU's guys do. And I understand that injuries do occur, but injuries aren't the only thing hurting us when it counts. Our non-injured guys with one exception sucked at NCAAs. Not to pick on Kaleb Young, but he was 5th at NCAAs in 2019...and now 3 years later he fails to make the podium. I honestly believe he has/had the goods to be a top 4 AA guy each year, and was thinking he had a chance to be a top 1-2 guy following his performance in the 2019 NCAAs. But unfortunately he just never improved. My main bitch is and always has been that most of our guys do not consistently let it fly, even against guys we should dominate. I hate watching the bad-asses on our team - and I'm counting 10 of them each dual - go out there and hand-fight opponents for 7 minutes. I know everyone doesn't have the technique and engine like ADS but I'm thinking they all have an engine close to Cass'. So why in the world is Cass taking more TD attempts than the lighter guys? That's embarrassing! And Cass is generally giving up 10-20 (and more) pounds to his opponents when the rest of these guys aren't giving up anything. We have to fix our offense...with few exceptions it just sucks.
And that will require some adjustments in coaching and recruiting. Neither will happen if the staff doesn’t buy into the need and make real, lasting changes.

You are probably correct and everything is recorded with the IRS to maintain its 503 status.
Go Hawks!
I may be a little dyslexic in addition to not being a tax professional. I corrected original comment to 501(c)(3).

Here's a starting point:

Best wishes for the HWC and it's new facility.

Last edited:

As the NLWC is a charitable organization, I am confident it keeps books and makes reports regarding the costs attributed to its charitable works in order to maintain its IRS 501(c)(3) status.

Since I'm neither a forensic accountant nor expert with 501(c)(3) rules, I doubt I'd be able to correctly interpret the statements. Maybe you can do the work. I think that’d be more productive than asking anonymous posters, who can't possibly know the answer. Their not knowing is probably why they don't answer you. It wouldn't serve your desire to obtain the truth to receive bad information from anonymous posters.

Good luck in your quest.
Their 990 shows 613K in 'other salaries' for 2019. Perhaps that is the 'circumvent' angle that people are referring to?

Circumvent - find a way around
Not cheating....but is that the slush fund part?

Reactions: el dub
ADVERTISEMENT