ADVERTISEMENT

NHL Play-off Hockey

Simply. Professional. Sports. At. It’s. Best!

It just never disappoints.
I'm a football fan first, but Stanley Cup hockey is far more exciting to watch and there have been a number of exciting games already.

The Boston - Toronto series was amazing.

Reactions: luvmyhawks
Hell of a game last night. Cheers to espn plus for allowing me to watch the game and fish at the same time.

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk
I'm a football fan first, but Stanley Cup hockey is far more exciting to watch and there have been a number of exciting games already.

The Boston - Toronto series was amazing.

It is just tremendous competition played at the highest level. I love it. That game last night was incredible and I expect tonight’s to be the same. Playoff hockey is the only sport besides the NFL that I can watch pretty much any game, not just my favorite team.

With that said. LFG Avs!! It’s going to be more than a week between Avs games.

Reactions: WadeLookingbill
That was awesome. Did anyone see the big Ole titties behind the Dallas coach all night? Same thing happened to the same coach when he was with New Jersey against the kings 10 years ago. Lol

Reactions: luvmyhawks
And from 10 years ago:

Screenshot-20240505-225352-Chrome.jpg

What a ridiculous night of hockey!! Rangers /hurricanes double ot followed by the avs sweet ass overtime winner. Really entertaining.

Reactions: yescyam
And dirty Trouba just about killed another guy and himself in one play.

I started the playoffs rooting for the Rangers. I don't think anyone's going to beat them. But, my how they are cheap shot artists. They piss me off with their dirty play. First game was the same way. I was hoping I'd wake up to a Carolina win this morning (went to bed after the first ot), but like I said, I don't think anyone is going to beat them.

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk
I started the playoffs rooting for the Rangers. I don't think anyone's going to beat them. But, my how they are cheap shot artists. They piss me off with their dirty play. First game was the same way. I was hoping I'd wake up to a Carolina win this morning (went to bed after the first ot), but like I said, I don't think anyone is going to beat them.
the worst part was how grigoriev, who no doubt is a great goalie, seemed to have precisely zero rebound control last night yet the canes couldn't put one of the juicy ones past him.

the worst part was how grigoriev, who no doubt is a great goalie, seemed to have precisely zero rebound control last night yet the canes couldn't put one of the juicy ones past him.
So many chances. It was frustrating.

I'm not a big NHL fan in general but when it's playoff time I'm watching (as long as the Cubs aren't on TV of course)

Being from Iowa I have mostly been a Chicago guy, but for some unknown reason I root for the Rangers. I hate all of the NY teams in general so I have no idea why i pull for them.

The 2OT game winner last night

I thought it was interesting that the NHL announced that starting next season they will no longer say ‘too many men on the ice’ and instead say ‘too many players on the ice’.

Also, ‘odd man rush’ is changing to ‘odd player rush’.

I wonder why.

I thought it was interesting that the NHL announced that starting next season they will no longer say ‘too many men on the ice’ and instead say ‘too many players on the ice’.

Also, ‘odd man rush’ is changing to ‘odd player rush’.

I wonder why.
Marketing obviously, and heavily driven by Canadian sensibilities (I mean, what else could possibly explain the "celebrities" that the NHL typically trots out for special events?).

And on that, let me just say this. At least here in DC, there are two very well-defined cohorts of female hockey fans:
1. Puck bunnies, in the fullest sense of that word; and
2. Whatever the diametric opposite of puck bunnies is, who you would not want to be checked into the boards by for a whole host of reasons, starting with "that would require them to actually touch you".
I do hope that the change in terminology isn't resulting from the predominance of the latter over the former in the perceived marketing opportunity.

It's just a bunch of PC crap that originates from Toronto. It falls in line with "Hockey is for Everyone" and the push for women's hockey. We can't have vernacular in the game that is male centered.

It's no different than Canada changed the words of their national anthem from "True patriot love in all thy sons command" to "True patriot love in all of us command". To be more inclusive. Also making the claim the original version of the anthem was gender neutral to begin with "True patriot love thou dost in us command", which it was, not debating that. But why was it changed in 1914? Let's see, what could have possibly been going on in 1914? Possibly on or around August 4, 1914.

You see, it's okay to change the words of the song to command your boys to head for The Green Fields of France to die in the meat grinder of WW1. It's also okay to cancel Don Cherry for him chastising those that do not wear a poppy on Remembrance Day in support of Canadian veterans that have died in service. It's the Canadian way.

Canada has been on the woke PC BS train for a long time.

Went to bed with Edmonton up 2 to 0. Woke up to a Dallas win. Nice morning bonus I wasn't expecting.

I have to say, I'm pissed. A buddy who is Canadian was a very senior guy at Deloitte, and had vowed to get the firm box the next time a Canadian team made the finals. Then he hit retirement age, left, and took a job as a side-gig as a senior guy doling out foreign aid at USAID. SOB. I love Alberta.

(Incidentally, he says he does nothing at his usaid job and is now riding 180 miles a week on his bike. One of the staffers presented him with a report on developing country credit scenarios that they said took 8 months to prepare, to which we replied, "8 months? I literally do this every saturday morning before coffee by just cross checking the world bank site and comparing it to a couple of others. It takes me 15 minutes. [pulls out phone to show them]")

I have to say, I'm pissed. A buddy who is Canadian was a very senior guy at Deloitte, and had vowed to get the firm box the next time a Canadian team made the finals. Then he hit retirement age, left, and took a job as a side-gig as a senior guy doling out foreign aid at USAID. SOB. I love Alberta.

(Incidentally, he says he does nothing at his usaid job and is now riding 180 miles a week on his bike. One of the staffers presented him with a report on developing country credit scenarios that they said took 8 months to prepare, to which we replied, "8 months? I literally do this every saturday morning before coffee by just cross checking the world bank site and comparing it to a couple of others. It takes me 15 minutes. [pulls out phone to show them]")

I don't see the problem. Canada is a foreign country, tell him to dole out some damn aid in exchange for a box at the first game in Edmonton.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT