ADVERTISEMENT

Nice win boyyyyyyys!

LaQuintaHawkeye

HR Heisman
Dec 16, 2017
Let's finish off the season by avenging our loss in Champaign and then taking a couple down in the BTT.

Should be a lock for the NCAA if we can do that.

d98.gif

Thank goodness for a soft bubble. This has been fun to watch and I'm glad I didn't wimp out and stop watching this team when it was so frustrating. I said 3-4 Big Ten wins. I'll eat that crow.

I just wish we would have finished some of those games we had late leads in.
I'm a shitty fan, I'll admit it. I skipped out on a few games in past month+, but so glad I tuned back in vs PSU and today.

GO GET ILLINOIS next Sunday evening, boys!!

Thank goodness for a soft bubble. This has been fun to watch and I'm glad I didn't wimp out and stop watching this team when it was so frustrating. I said 3-4 Big Ten wins. I'll eat that crow.

I just wish we would have finished some of those games we had late leads in.
Those that didn’t stop watching have been given some fun ball to watch. It’s a bit of a down year for us but with one game left in regular season we are right there with an opportunity to go to the tournament. In a down year I won’t ask for more. Future is very bright for this team going forward. Unfortunately I think a lot of people quit watching.

Not used to seeing a Fran team get better this time of year. Playing the young kids is helping.

Where have you been the last 6 years?

Fran's February record over the past 6 seasons is now 34-15 (today's win came in March, of course).

That's a very nice 69% win percentage in February in B1G play.

We finished Feb off going 1-1 after the MSU win.

The difference in the game is Iowa’s starters were better than NW starters.
Great win against a very good but banged up NW squad that was w/o a starter and a back up, then another back up part way through the game. The B1G regular season is a grind so just got to keep on playing and hope your horses don’t get banged up too much.

Where have you been the last 6 years?

Fran's February record over the past 6 seasons is now 34-15 (today's win came in March, of course).

That's a very nice 69% win percentage in February in B1G play.

We finished Feb off going 1-1 after the MSU win.

Been right here watching them underachieve other than the 1 year they won the Big 10 tournament. Been early exits despite having 2 National Players of the Year.

A

And Fran left the best 5 on the floor last 5 minutes instead of bringing in 4 subs. Still not entirely sure why Patrick suddenly came in last minute.
Better free throw shooter than Owen, and then he clanks 2 of em.. for F's sake!

Those that didn’t stop watching have been given some fun ball to watch. It’s a bit of a down year for us but with one game left in regular season we are right there with an opportunity to go to the tournament. In a down year I won’t ask for more. Future is very bright for this team going forward. Unfortunately I think a lot of people quit watching.

All sorts of crazy shit will happen in the conference tournaments - always does. Iowa has to take care of it's own business. I think one of two things needs to happen:

1) Beating Illinois would be enormous. Beat Illinois and win one in the B1G and Iowa should be in
2) Even if Iowa loses to Illinois, but wins two in the B1G, they should be in

Strong finish with some quality road wins really helps. The other thing that helps is that other bubble teams (TTech for example) are headed in the other direction. Getting in this year would be huge for the young guys. Need to get a stud big man from the portal heading into next year and we'd have a chance to make some noise.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT