ADVERTISEMENT

Nick Suriano

No idea, Thomsen or Ryan? Or is he referring to Seth Gross. I don't remember this staff not releasing someone.
I was puzzled by this as well. Didn't have a problem with releasing Mocco at the time either. Sure it stung, but he didn't want to be here so why make him?

Reactions: TarpHawk
Returning 5 national champs and just locking down the top kids in the 2018 class and Cael wants to throw a fit about this?

No wonder he doubled down on RBY as of late and is all over Teske. Suri is gondy. Bring Teasdale with you to Iowa city.

125 LEE
133 Suriano
141 Teasdale

A guy can dream

Im not sure where I sit on the Suriano release, as I see both sides of the debate and am glad I dont make that decision.....

however, for those of you spouting off with a definitive answer when TnT didnt release Logan, well lets just take the volume down a notch. that cuts this way too....and goes for the PSU guys that threw Logan at you guys in the past that now need to eat crow on this.

Could you elaborate? Honestly, I have not heard this before.

I don't remember anything about LR wanting to transfer but if he did, why not let him?

I think there was a thread on themat about it. I don't remember any actual information on it but it was about him transferring to uni. It's been awhile so I could also have the wrong Logan.

You want college wrestling to become the Wild West with a free agency period?
I think the point is the opposite. Most of us don't want college wrestling to become like professional sports, with free agency period and contracts and trades and agents and managers and lawyers. No one pursues a career in amateur wrestling for the money. It's done for love of the sport and the joy of setting and achieving personal goals.

First and foremost these are college students, not pro athletes. They aren't looking for the multi-million-dollar payday, they just want to be at a college they feel comfortable at. If Suriano wants to go to Rutgers it's certainly not because he feels he'll get better coaching there or any other reason that disses Cael or Penn State. He wants to change schools. He still wants to wrestle, because that's what he loves.

I'm not here to bash Cael specifically--although if this situation turns out to be what it sounds like, then he's certainly entitled to whatever blowback comes his way. To deny someone a release--for collegiate wrestling, for God's sake--speaks volumes about the motives and character of the coach and program denying the release.

Says the guy whose team stands to benefit from two transfers this year if McKenna ends up at PSU. Plus, Illinois released Cortez which allowed him to come to PSU. The system is designed to allow for a transfer, why not let them within the allowed framework? PSU has benefitted from other coaches "fair play." Why won't Cael? You guys will still be favored but I guess Cael doesn't like to play cards unless the deck is stacked.

Exactly right. It's become clear over the years that Cael is a self centered guy, putting his interests above everything else.

Stiffing ISU, Bobby Douglas, allowing Long in with no rehab, shabby treatment of Bubba, and now, reportedly not releasing Suriano.

Cael's squeaky clean image is starting to look a little dirty.

Wait, Logan Ryan is transferring? Just did a google search and looked at his twitter and there is no mention of that.

In the Pat Lugo thread somebody posted that " Iowa will not let you transfer in conference or in state to another D 1 program. Logan Ryan heading to UNI next year and will be sitting next year."

The first part is not true (see St John this year)...unless the Brands dont condsider ISU a D1 program haha. No idea on the 2nd.

Exactly right. It's become clear over the years that Cael is a self centered guy, putting his interests above everything else.

Stiffing ISU, Bobby Douglas, allowing Long in with no rehab, shabby treatment of Bubba, and now, reportedly not releasing Suriano.

Cael's squeaky clean image is starting to look a little dirty.
I get what you're saying, Rossel, but I don't think it's necessary to make this part of a larger debate about Cael's character. Let this be strictly about denying a kid a release to continue his amateur athletic career elsewhere. As far as I'm concerned we don't even have to mention the name of the coach or the colleges. It's the principle I have an issue with, and I'd feel the same whether it were Cael or Brands.

I thought Suriano to Rutgers was the news. Why are people now talking about him coming Iowa?

Because we have a need at 133. He's probably pissed at PSU now. He'd have a lot better coaches and training partners at Iowa. It makes perfect sense tbh. Might as well get that idea out there so he can consider how glorious it will be when he wins an individual and team title at Iowa.

Until he signs with Rutgers, let's go full Suriano to Iowa rumor train. :)

Because we have a need at 133. He's probably pissed at PSU now. He'd have a lot better coaches and training partners at Iowa. It makes perfect sense tbh. Might as well get that idea out there so he can consider how glorious it will be when he wins an individual and team title at Iowa.

Until he signs with Rutgers, let's go full Suriano to Iowa rumor train. :)
Got it. Guess I was hoping it was an actual thing and not just a rumor.

The Mat did discuss this HERE. However, I have never seen anything official regarding Logan Ryan transferring or release being granted. The thread was posted by Flying Tiger so it should be taken with more than a pinch of salt.
Right and FT had never been known to troll, has he?

Reactions: Chuck C
I don't care where he goes, or if he goes, even. I just think it's wrong to not let him go. And the same applies to Tom Brands if it's true he denied a release to Logan Ryan. It's just wrong, IMO.
This. Don't care who the coach is. Holding someone hostage is just wrong.

Reactions: Ihawkd9times
Someone should teach Cael some gratitude. I'd think someone who's lives a life of gratitude would be grateful for the 5 returning national champions and not take a year away from a kid who doesn't want to be there any more.

Another butt hurt Cael thread by the snowflake board! LOL! Now you are adding Suriano to your transfer dream team. It must suck to resort to wishing for transfers to be able to beat PSU. You guys need to see a shrink for your Cael obsession. It's almost like he left Iowa for PSU. You know your rival ISU. The team you are so butt hurt over Cael leaving. Get a grip!

Another butt hurt Cael thread by the snowflake board! LOL! Now you are adding Suriano to your transfer dream team. It must suck to resort to wishing for transfers to be able to beat PSU. You guys need to see a shrink for your Cael obsession. It's almost like he left Iowa for PSU. You know your rival ISU. The team you are so butt hurt over Cael leaving. Get a grip!
Sound advice. Now beat it geek

Someone should teach Cael some gratitude. I'd think someone who's lives a life of gratitude would be grateful for the 5 returning national champions and not take a year away from a kid who doesn't want to be there any more.

This made me laugh.

p.s. I agree with Tarp. I probably should just edit that into my signature.

Reactions: TarpHawk
Is it possible that it is a school rule about transfers and the coach does not get a say in the matter? I have no idea but is it possible its that way across all sports at a University?

Thanks Grass. Appreciate your perspective.

Reactions: Wendy79 and whejoe
Returning 5 national champs and just locking down the top kids in the 2018 class and Cael wants to throw a fit about this?

No wonder he doubled down on RBY as of late and is all over Teske. Suri is gondy. Bring Teasdale with you to Iowa city.

125 LEE
133 Suriano
141 Teasdale

A guy can dream

Teasdale was already in IC, then thought about having to live there and said, "No Thanks Spencer, I love you, but this Sucks!"

Lots of exclamation points in this here paragraph...makes me wonder just who the snowflake is.

Or AD's call to make.
Could be, I am just asking a question before someone blames a coach that it may be out of their hands. Of course if it is then I would assume a coach would make that public to avoid negative publicity about said coach, if they dont publicy say it was out of their hands then all fingers should point at said coach IMO

How about this guys. We wait to see if Suriano actually does transfer. Then we wait to see if he gets a release, then we can slam and insult or praise the coach and the program and the kid.

If I remember correctly, Edinboro was not going to release Lugo and Flynn was hammered on this board. As it turned out, he did get a release and all those insults were for nothing.

I know some of you can't wait to slam and insult other coaches and I truly hope it makes you feel better, but how about we wait for the actual event, before we try to ruin a person's reputation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT