ADVERTISEMENT

Nick Suriano

Teasdale was already in IC, then thought about having to live there and said, "No Thanks Spencer, I love you, but this Sucks!"

I think he's got some other things to worry about (or clean up as KF would say) before finding a place to live in college.

Reactions: PinsNpints
Cael to AD: I would like to grant a release to Nick Suriano. He's a good kid but the school was not the right fit for him. He wants to wrestle at Rutgers.

AD to Cael: Sorry, Cael. I appreciate that you are an Olympic champ and a demi-god on this campus, that you've resuscitated our wrestling program from the grave, that we've won six titles in seven years, that PSU is returning five NCs next year, and that you are bringing in the best recruiting class anyone can remember. I also know that you are in a contract year, and therefore are in an unbelievably strong negotiating position to make reasonable demands on this university, in general, and on the Athletic Department, in particular. But I have a policy that we don't provide releases, and on this matter of incredibly important principle, I can't give an inch. Oh, and by the way, Pyles and Smalls agree with me. Sorry.

Sounds quite plausible.

Because we have a need at 133. He's probably pissed at PSU now. He'd have a lot better coaches and training partners at Iowa. It makes perfect sense tbh. Might as well get that idea out there so he can consider how glorious it will be when he wins an individual and team title at Iowa.

Until he signs with Rutgers, let's go full Suriano to Iowa rumor train. :)
His dad loves Carver and he was almost a Hawk. He knows the Brands can coach circles around Karl so might as well make it happen.

How about this guys. We wait to see if Suriano actually does transfer. Then we wait to see if he gets a release, then we can slam and insult or praise the coach and the program and the kid.

If I remember correctly, Edinboro was not going to release Lugo and Flynn was hammered on this board. As it turned out, he did get a release and all those insults were for nothing.

I know some of you can't wait to slam and insult other coaches and I truly hope it makes you feel better, but how about we wait for the actual event, before we try to ruin a person's reputation.
Cael was scum long before this possible event. I know you aren't an Iowa fan so you might not know or care about his history as much.

Last edited:
How about this guys. We wait to see if Suriano actually does transfer. Then we wait to see if he gets a release, then we can slam and insult or praise the coach and the program and the kid.

If I remember correctly, Edinboro was not going to release Lugo and Flynn was hammered on this board. As it turned out, he did get a release and all those insults were for nothing.

I know some of you can't wait to slam and insult other coaches and I truly hope it makes you feel better, but how about we wait for the actual event, before we try to ruin a person's reputation.
We don't have to ruin Carl's reputation. He does it on his own.

They said they wouldn't release him which essentially backs Cael. Cited time, money and wanting to win. Nick was there one calendar year. So really, it's just about the winning and if Nick does transfer, this is just spite.

Umm, ok. I was only joking that they've been pulling the strings on this story for weeks.

I don't think Lugo did get a release. It was reported at first that he did, and then it was confirmed that he didn't.

The 2 biggest fan bases in the sport and all you guys do is say things about each others coaches(which most of you don't know personally) that are things you get from other message boards.Whatever happened to a disussion about a subject with intelligent conversation instead of just calling someone a name cause you don't like there opinion.

Another butt hurt Cael thread by the snowflake board! LOL! Now you are adding Suriano to your transfer dream team. It must suck to resort to wishing for transfers to be able to beat PSU. You guys need to see a shrink for your Cael obsession. It's almost like he left Iowa for PSU. You know your rival ISU. The team you are so butt hurt over Cael leaving. Get a grip!

Another lost soul that can go on ignore

The 2 biggest fan bases in the sport and all you guys do is say things about each others coaches(which most of you don't know personally) that are things you get from other message boards.Whatever happened to a disussion about a subject with intelligent conversation instead of just calling someone a name cause you don't like there opinion.

Pencils-294x300.jpeg

*their

He wasn't a starter and wanted an opportunity

Oh so if someone is a starter at PSU, then they aren't allowed to have opportunities elsewhere. If another a school would do that, you would be roasting that coach & school. Get off the board you bunch of fake fans.

Reactions: championhawk
Lots of exclamation points in this here paragraph...makes me wonder just who the snowflake is.

Your board has become the TMZ of college wrestling boards. A bunch of adults get together and bash Cael to make themselves feel better. How many Suriano threads do you need? You guys have a Cael on the brain problem. It's sad, but I get it.

I talked to a buddy at PSU. He told me that Cortez did sit a year when he transferred to PSU for Illinois. No way around it. Already used his redshirt, so he lost a full year of eligibility. I'm not sure Cael has a choice in the matter when it comes to B10 transfers. Must lose a year of eligibility is what I'm told.

Please jschrantz, never forget, PSU stands for Pedophile State University to the rest of the world. For a jack off like you to insult Iowa City is laughable.
Man... I really hope you're not an alum. I know I'm new here, but you do know this is a bad look, no?

Your board has become the TMZ of college wrestling boards. A bunch of adults get together and bash Cael to make themselves feel better. How many Suriano threads do you need? You guys have a Cael on the brain problem. It's sad, but I get it.

Says the "adult" while posting ON OUR BOARD. What makes this board ours versus yours is the team we root for...but much of this forum consists of general wrestling fans, trolls and haters that it is unfair to call the ugly stuff "ours" ....by the way, "your" forum is plain ol boring...all you talk about is your projected line-up into 2030.

Reactions: hawkeye54545
I personally agree that Suriano should be granted a release, but losing a stud 125 like that is a huge blow to the lineup. Obviously PSU did not recruit or shied away other potential 125 candidates when Suriano was added. Even if a guy like Vinchenzo Joseph left their lineup they would be able to shift guys around and fill the hole, but losing a 125 is terrible because you are then stuck with the back ups you have there.

Man... I really hope you're not an alum. I know I'm new here, but you do know this is a bad look, no?

I really don't give 2 shits that it is a bad look, no? All these pSu clowns coming over and shooting off their mouths and bad mouthing Iowa City gets really old.
On top of that, I was stating the truth. When someone says Penn State, people think of Sandusky and what he did and what the administration covered up. Sorry, but it's true.

Cael to AD: I would like to grant a release to Nick Suriano. He's a good kid but the school was not the right fit for him. He wants to wrestle at Rutgers.

AD to Cael: Sorry, Cael. I appreciate that you are an Olympic champ and a demi-god on this campus, that you've resuscitated our wrestling program from the grave, that we've won six titles in seven years, that PSU is returning five NCs next year, and that you are bringing in the best recruiting class anyone can remember. I also know that you are in a contract year, and therefore are in an unbelievably strong negotiating position to make reasonable demands on this university, in general, and on the Athletic Department, in particular. But I have a policy that we don't provide releases, and on this matter of incredibly important principle, I can't give an inch. Oh, and by the way, Pyles and Smalls agree with me. Sorry.

Sounds quite plausible.
Now that you put it that way :oops:

you-must-be-new-here-willy-wonka.jpg

Please jschrantz, never forget, PSU stands for Pedophile State University to the rest of the world. For a jack off like you to insult Iowa City is laughable.

Classy work , your buddies must be proud. I was cracking on Iowa City in good fun sorry you caught feelings, you took it pretty low there and it didn't look good for ya.

Classy work , your buddies must be proud. I was cracking on Iowa City in good fun sorry you caught feelings, you took it pretty low there and it didn't look good for ya.

I got a kick out of it. You were not cracking on Iowa City in "good fun". You took a shot and got one back. Only, his response hit a lot harder than yours. Take your ball and go home now.

I got a kick out of it. You were not cracking on Iowa City in "good fun". You took a shot and got one back. Only, his response hit a lot harder than yours. Take your ball and go home now.
Agreed!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT