ADVERTISEMENT

Nick Suriano

The 2 biggest fan bases in the sport and all you guys do is say things about each others coaches(which most of you don't know personally) that are things you get from other message boards.Whatever happened to a disussion about a subject with intelligent conversation instead of just calling someone a name cause you don't like there opinion.
I'll bite.
Had the privelage of working with the HWC lately and more specifically, Tom Brands.
It was hard to believe how down to earth, gracious, and accomadating the guy was.
Here's the head coach of one of the most prestigious sports programs in the country, and he's running around carrying my equipment up stairs, not just once but every time I was there.
I honestly don't see many if any coach doing that. And, it was genuine. That's just the kind of guy he is.
So impressed with Tom Brands. He looks out for others first. Can't say the same for a lot of other coachs out there

He's as good of a person as there is. I think people forget about this at the end of the day. Has it brought us national championships? Yes. Lately? No.

I will stand behind this staff until their time is done, and I'll appreciate everything they do along the way. They are churning out tremendous young men. Titles are in the near future. I'm sure of it, and Tom Brands is going to do it the right way.

I think Cael wants to win and he would do pretty much anything to get there. Are we hard on him for it because he's for the other guys? Sure. Would we be as hard on him if he were at Iowa winning titles? No. Re: the transfer...would we feel the same if Kemdawg up and left? Probably worse since we need every piece of the puzzle to win. So let's not be hypocrites about it.

This is why its not a good look for Cael and goes against all the f**, Stepford Wrestling Club, stuff they've been selling. They've already proven they can win without Suriano. So when he says this: "We've had a lot of success. We've been very fortunate and grateful. But regardless, win or lose, we're going to be the same. We don't get after our kids when they lose. We also don't get out of control when they win. It's their career. They're the ones. It's up to them. We just try to help them and provide a culture and environment for them to be the best that they can," it really just rings hollow.

So when PSU fans get on Brands or our guys for having no class, and this happens a lot, we see hypocrites because you've built Cael and your guys up to deity level instead of the fallible men that they are. Not that they haven't helped in this cause...it's part of their P.R. shtick. Because be honest...if half of what PSU fans say about Cael was true, he would have given Nick a personal ride home with a signed transfer in hand, gave him a hug, and said no hard feelings kid...just to show his gratitude for being a part of the young man's life. But that's not how it is...he wants to beat 1997 Iowa and be labeled the best wrestling team ever. Guess what? That's what winners do and that's something I get. So don't come in here and blame us PSU fans...try looking in the mirror.

I feel like I can't go to work tomorrow. Check the forum at lunch and had no clue this festering pusstule was gonna blow like this. I read the whole thing in one sitting and feel like I need to slash a tire. Their's just too much Karl in the air!

I think Cael wants to win and he would do pretty much anything to get there. Are we hard on him for it because he's for the other guys? Sure. Would we be as hard on him if he were at Iowa winning titles? No. Re: the transfer...would we feel the same if Kemdawg up and left? Probably worse since we need every piece of the puzzle to win. So let's not be hypocrites about it.

This is why its not a good look for Cael and goes against all the f**, Stepford Wrestling Club, stuff they've been selling. They've already proven they can win without Suriano. So when he says this: "We've had a lot of success. We've been very fortunate and grateful. But regardless, win or lose, we're going to be the same. We don't get after our kids when they lose. We also don't get out of control when they win. It's their career. They're the ones. It's up to them. We just try to help them and provide a culture and environment for them to be the best that they can," it really just rings hollow.

So when PSU fans get on Brands or our guys for having no class, and this happens a lot, we see hypocrites because you've built Cael and your guys up to deity level instead of the fallible men that they are. Not that they haven't helped in this cause...it's part of their P.R. shtick. Because be honest...if half of what PSU fans say about Cael was true, he would have given Nick a personal ride home with a signed transfer in hand, gave him a hug, and said no hard feelings kid...just to show his gratitude for being a part of the young man's life. But that's not how it is...he wants to beat 1997 Iowa and be labeled the best wrestling team ever. Guess what? That's what winners do and that's something I get. So don't come in here and blame us PSU fans...try looking in the mirror.

Thanks Chief, that's a rationale critique (amongst a lot of cesspoolyness from both fan bases). However, this thread is still based on conjecture that Cael is actually denying the release or even if a release has actually been requested. There seems to be a lot of jumping the gun here.

I got a kick out of it. You were not cracking on Iowa City in "good fun". You took a shot and got one back. Only, his response hit a lot harder than yours. Take your ball and go home now.
t3_3iwgxb

Hey chief, we are always told that our wrestlers are robots. I'm pretty sure all the boys at f** state are programmed the second the step on campus though.

Reactions: championhawk
I feel like I can't go to work tomorrow. Check the forum at lunch and had no clue this festering pusstule was gonna blow like this. I read the whole thing in one sitting and feel like I need to slash a tire. Their's just too much Karl in the air!
You ever swept out a rotten grain bin? Similar smell

Reactions: The catman
Hey chief, we are always told that our wrestlers are robots. I'm pretty sure all the boys at f** state are programmed the second the step on campus though.

You know what's funny about that? Their guys are like "Praise Jesus, Cael, or f**"...not that there is anything wrong with any of that. However, Iowa has had the most "characters." By that, I mean Gilman, Tony, Stache plus we had a guy deadpan an ode to his mullet right after he won a Big Ten title. Brands lets you be who you want to be...good or bad.

You know what's funny about that? Their guys are like "Praise Jesus, Cael, or f**"...not that there is anything wrong with any of that. However, Iowa has had the most "characters." By that, I mean Gilman, Tony, Stache plus we had a guy deadpan an ode to his mullet right after he won a Big Ten title. Brands lets you be who you want to be...good or bad.

That's what I'm talking about. Who's the actual robots? No brainer to me.

Brands does the same as every other coach out there. They don't grant release for whatever reason. Logan ryan and lance Evans have been two recents wrestlers not granted release. I believe Costello will be the next

Reactions: PA Power
I got a kick out of it. You were not cracking on Iowa City in "good fun". You took a shot and got one back. Only, his response hit a lot harder than yours. Take your ball and go home now.
We'll take the National Title home every year instead {drops mic}

BAHAHA, Bael showing his true colors again. One of the biggest scumbags in the sport.

That young man should be happy a refused release was all that happened. Bael could have thrown a chair at him like Bael did to an upstanding freestyle referee.

Thanks Chief, that's a rationale critique (amongst a lot of cesspoolyness from both fan bases). However, this thread is still based on conjecture that Cael is actually denying the release or even if a release has actually been requested. There seems to be a lot of jumping the gun here.

To be fair, it's also based on his reputation, which, as we have discussed ad nauseum on this board, is -- uhh -- less than stellar.

Anyone know if there is any actual interest between Suriano camp and Iowa?

Brands does the same as every other coach out there. They don't grant release for whatever reason. Logan ryan and lance Evans have been two recents wrestlers not granted release. I believe Costello will be the next

Lance Evans transferred to D3 and didn't need a release. And I still don't buy the Ryan stuff but if it happened it was wrong.

I'll bite.
Had the privelage of working with the HWC lately and more specifically, Tom Brands.
It was hard to believe how down to earth, gracious, and accomadating the guy was.
Here's the head coach of one of the most prestigious sports programs in the country, and he's running around carrying my equipment up stairs, not just once but every time I was there.
I honestly don't see many if any coach doing that. And, it was genuine. That's just the kind of guy he is.
So impressed with Tom Brands. He looks out for others first. Can't say the same for a lot of other coachs out there
Yes I agree he's a great guy many stories like that about him.I imagine there are plenty of good stories about Cael as well.It just annoys me when people bash coaches without actually meeting them just because they win

It is ironic that Karl produces more robots than any other coach.

To Chief, most on here would want to give Kemdawg a release if he didn't want to be here. You are off on that part. We have already walked that walk. We also proved it again with how we treated Teasdale when he burned us. Most Penn State fans are as classless as their coach. They were burning Teasdale and Lee at the stake. We were bummed but wished nothing negative towards Gavin.

And we're all waiting patiently for the proof of said "transgressions".

Reactions: JohnBasedow
We'll take the National Title home every year instead {drops mic}

At what cost? Clearly winning is everything in your neck of the woods. Brush off anything that gets in the way of it. That's the culture you live in.

Both Brands and Cael are good people, and good for wrestling. College athletics at many levels is a business, and many times, business can get ugly. Anytime it costs a kid a shot at something they've worked for a very long time that's unfortunate. Hope that doesn't happen (one way or another) in this case.

Brands and Cael are good people, and good for wrestling. College athletics at many levels is a business, and many times, business can get ugly. Anytime it costs a kid a shot at something they've worked for a very long time that's unfortunate. Hope that doesn't happen (one way or another) in this case.

Agree with all of this except for the assertion that Cael is a good person or good for wrestling. He's a scumbag and is absolutely dreadful for the sport.

Reactions: hawkeye54545
I really don't give 2 shits that it is a bad look, no? All these pSu clowns coming over and shooting off their mouths and bad mouthing Iowa City gets really old.
On top of that, I was stating the truth. When someone says Penn State, people think of Sandusky and what he did and what the administration covered up. Sorry, but it's true.
True story, I'm not lying, a month ago I ran out of Tognetti's Electric shirts to wear to work and I have this PSU shirt in the draw (The shirt I will wear some day because of a bet I loss to a PSU fan, pic with John Smith and me) so I decided to wear it that day. By noon I had two people say how could I wear that shirt because of what happened there. Lucky they were two clients I've known for a while. Called my wife and told her to bring me another shirt to finish out that day. I've moved on from what happened there but a lot of people haven't.

Reactions: Good30 and HawkMD
I have talked to both lance and ryan. They both said iowa was a good program. Lance was told no big ten schools and no in state school. Ryan hasn't been with the team since after Xmas break. He told me brands won't release him and he's heading to uni this fall anyway. He will have 1 year of eligibility left. I don't think what brands is doing is wrong. If u make a commitment u should honor it. In Lance case he wasn't going to beat stolls and ryan he grow out of his spot at 41.

Reactions: depelland
True story, I'm not lying, a month ago I ran out of Tognetti's Electric shirts to wear to work and I have this PSU shirt in the draw (The shirt I will wear some day because of a bet I loss to a PSU fan, pic with John Smith and me) so I decided to wear it that day. By noon I had two people say how could I wear that shirt because of what happened there. Lucky they were two clients I've known for a while. Called my wife and told her to bring me another shirt to finish out that day. I've moved on from what happened there but a lot of people haven't.
For the same reason I won't wear an Oklahoma shirt because of what Timothy McVeigh did in OKC. I blame everyone there for what one man did.

See how stupid that sounds.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT