ADVERTISEMENT

No AJ

Too early to say for sure, but Goetz’s BF move might have made a big positive impact on Ia football. Not just replacing him, but sending a message to KF that he needs to make changes and if he won’t others will.
Insane to believe otherwise

Is there a reason Anthony isnt on the roster or was he never really on the team up to this point?

I can't be the only one that is ready for a change at the top of the wrestling program right? There is so many great coaches and better recruiters out there. Iowa isn't becoming an after thought under Brands, they are becoming a laughing stock,

does he ever post about wrestling?

or is it just power lifting all the time?
He also sometimes posts about stretching and doing the splits.

He also sometimes posts about expensive sports cars and implies that Iowa boosters provided it for him and more or less asks if any other programs would be willing to get him a more expensive car.

So, if Bob already paid out, who does he sue to get his money back. AJ or the University?

Too early to say for sure, but Goetz’s BF move might have made a big positive impact on Ia football. Not just replacing him, but sending a message to KF that he needs to make changes and if he won’t others will.
competence isn't what matters to ol' chips. she doesn't look the way he wants his AD to look. either that or he loves punting.

Reactions: anon_0pi0cv8t1ggvb
I feel AJ was given freedom by TnT to be himself.

hasbulla-bump-hasbulla-fist.gif

No way Bill Belechick or Phil Jackson would have allowed this on their teams.
I feel that you are mistaken.

Reactions: el dub
that's not true at all. Proctor got his car taken away when he didn't come here.

This is the actual document published by the NCAA.

Question No. 4: Is it permissible for an individual or collection of individuals to condition payment of NIL compensation on a student-athlete’s attendance at a particular school?

Answer: No. NIL compensation may not be contingent upon enrollment at a particular school. In addition, NIL compensation may not be contingent upon residency in a certain location simply to circumvent this standard.

• Haha
Reactions: derekforhawks
I can't be the only one that is ready for a change at the top of the wrestling program right? There is so many great coaches and better recruiters out there. Iowa isn't becoming an after thought under Brands, they are becoming a laughing stock,
I would not call the last 10 years of results as a laughing stock. Any AD for any college for any sport would love these results.
2024 ranked in top 5
2023 2nd
2022 3rd
2021 1st
2020 Likely 1st
2019 4th
2018 3rd
2017 4th
2016 5th
2015 2nd

If true, I congratulate TnT, the AD, and the rest of the fanbase for apparently having mastered the five D's:

If you can dodge a tool used to fix a Ferrari, you can dodge a ball. And if you can dodge a ball, you can probably wrestle.

I would not call the last 10 years of results as a laughing stock. Any AD for any college for any sport would love these results.
2024 ranked in top 5
2023 2nd
2022 3rd
2021 1st
2020 Likely 1st
2019 4th
2018 3rd
2017 4th
2016 5th
2015 2nd

Not a laughing stock, I agree. But realistically, in any given year, there are no more than five or six teams in the hunt. Finishing 3rd, 4th, 5th is really finishing in the middle of the pack, given the teams Iowa measures itself against.

Looking back 15 years, TnT missed two great opportunities. Betw 2008 and 2010, Iowa won three national championships. The team was ascendant and, as much as anyone, guys like Metcalf and McDonough were the face of college wrestling. In hindsight, it's clear that after 2010 Iowa placed too much reliance on home-grown kids and had too much confidence in their coaches' ability to turn mid-tier recruits into elite wrestlers. That was a big miss b/c it was during this period that PSU took off.

Then, in 2018 or so, we got an incredible gift. Spencer showed up. We had the best and most exciting wrestler in the country, hands down, for five straight years. And we had a good run with Spencer, ADS, Eierman, the Bull, Kem, and Cass -- one championship that should have been two with the lost Covid year. But now Spencer and the others are graduated. I get why wave after wave of heavier-weight wrestlers want to train at PSU. But why isn't there a line of talented lightweights banging on the door to train with Lee and the Brands?

Last edited:
This was the correct thing to do for everyone right now. The double bird gymnastics to the home crowd sealed the deal in my mind. This kid needs help, hopefully the family understands and is mature enough to let the two younger brothers pave their own paths while AJ finds his way.
SMFH I feel like this is some kind of really messed up TV series on MTV or something.

This could work out good for Iowa or not. Glazier wrestles this year, they set a firm expectation for AJ over the next 6 months, he gets his act together and has 3 full years left. But if they leave him/ the family in limbo they’ll all jump ship, or if he implodes more he’s gone anyway and could take 2 other recruits with him.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
They always said Angelo was going to pick his own path regardless, and he committed to Iowa before his other brothers were even cleared of their legal concerns. I don't see a reason he wouldn't stay at Iowa, he clearly dislikes PSU based on his troll during his commitment announcement so if he's not at Iowa then Ohio State is really the only other option if he wants a chance to beat them. Hopefully AJ gets himself in order and maybe he can apply again in the summer. But Angelo and Anthony are hopefully sticking around, there isn't any reason to think AJ has anywhere else to go to take them.

The “promise” of the door not totally closed is only to try to keep Angelo around. There is no coming back from the double bird salute followed by asking for a Ferrari instead of a BMW. He tries to peel out in a car and posts it. The same child that almost killed someone for driving like an idiot.

Serious question - what coaches would you go after?
Only 5 head coaches have won titles since Zalesky's last in 2000, and only 3 since Brands first in 2008.

You aren't getting anyone who has won a title, and unless you are getting Koll, you aren't even getting anyone who had a runner up (Tom Ryan, Bormet). So then you are left hoping an up and comer can make it click - who are you taking? I doubt you get anybody from the PSU staff, and Im not sure who else makes you better.

This is undoubtedly a down year, but Iowa has had a rough 10 or so months. If you want Brands gone, fine, but I really dont think this is a Brands issue.. its just that right now its PSU and everyone else. If Iowa isn't back to podium status in the next year or two, maybe ill feel different

Reactions: MSU158 and Chuck C
Don't know why the AD is making this call. Tom should have said bye immediately following SS. Don't leave it up to the AD. This guy is a cancer to a program and everyone knows it.
Apparently not everyone knows it. But I agree

If this is true, and I am hearing it is, sign Beth to a lifetime contract.

Stops this ticking time bomb from imploding. Forces the nepotism Offensive Coordinator out, whom was making the FB program a national punch line. She is a power player
I mean credit to her for making correct decisions - but both of these are obvious decisions anyone should have made. We were just used to Bozo Barta for so long.

Serious question - what coaches would you go after?
Only 5 head coaches have won titles since Zalesky's last in 2000, and only 3 since Brands first in 2008.

You aren't getting anyone who has won a title, and unless you are getting Koll, you aren't even getting anyone who had a runner up (Tom Ryan, Bormet). So then you are left hoping an up and comer can make it click - who are you taking? I doubt you get anybody from the PSU staff, and Im not sure who else makes you better.

This is undoubtedly a down year, but Iowa has had a rough 10 or so months. If you want Brands gone, fine, but I really dont think this is a Brands issue.. its just that right now its PSU and everyone else. If Iowa isn't back to podium status in the next year or two, maybe ill feel different
Guys without Iowa ties I’d like to see interviewed
Rob Koll
Damian Hahn
Pat Pop
Brian Smith
Chris Pendleton
David Taylor

Just a matter of time….

Until he is admitted or not right? You leave yourself open to be correct either way. True insider! 😆
Correct either way! 🤣
Until he’s in the lineup numb nuts…. This doesn’t even qualify as “insider” info.

The cork soaking gene is indeed strong with you.
Soak that cork numb nuts!
He was. How is it goblins fault that aj is a dumbass. HHa
Never said it was his fault

Reactions: HawkFan1986
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT