ADVERTISEMENT

Not sure why Temple is not getting any respect?

SJeagleEye

Team MVP
Feb 16, 2016
They WON their conference, over SMU and some other really good teams.

They are coming in as one of the hottest teams in college basketball.

Not sure why they are only a 10 seed? Why is everyone counting them out?

Seems to me, they aren't getting the respect they probably deserve to be getting in this tournament.

Can we beat them? Sure, if we play our A game. It appears they can just as easily beat us.

Should be a good game either way. They certainly don't appear to be getting a lot of love in this tournament though, and I am not sure they shouldn't be.

Probably because they are one of the worst 10 seeds in recent memory? They should be more of a 12 seed. RPI 63. BPI 76. 1 top 25 win. 14 of their 21 wins are against RPI 130+ teams.

Can they beat Iowa? See Penn State and Illinois. But their resume doesn't say 10 seed, either does 'Cuse but that's a different discussion.

Temple has a pretty good program but their team hasn't been particularly good this year. They play decent defense but struggle to score.

Seems to me, they aren't getting the respect they probably deserve to be getting in this tournament.

Can we beat them? Sure, if we play our A game. It appears they can just as easily beat us.

Should be a good game either way. They certainly don't appear to be getting a lot of love in this tournament though, and I am not sure they shouldn't be.

Because the committee listened to Iowa fans who complained about our late season struggles and mockingly called for the season to mercifully end. So they gave us a regular-season conference champ and a former one seed that lost in its conference tournament title game just a hop, skip and a jump away from their stomping grounds.

If Seton Hall didn't beat Villanova, Iowa would be playing Gonzaga (again, and they'd be well aware of that fact) in Denver, instead, as punishment for their collapse.

Btw, who is "everyone", since "everyone" is counting them out? Does that include ALL Iowa fans? Because if it does, that necessarily wouldn't be true, since after all.......you made this thread, so you must think something of them.

P.S. I do think the committee did a piss poor job of seeding this tournament and getting the right teams in, but Temple isn't even the 10th team I'd have in mind as far as griping about that.

Ken Pomeroy is very good at ranking teams. Currently Iowa is #20 while Temple is #85. You have to show up but you don't have to play too hard.

If we play our "A" game we can beat almost anybody. To lose to Temple we would have to play our "C" game or worse...which is a possibility.

Reactions: RocknRollface
If we play our "A" game we can beat almost anybody. To lose to Temple we would have to play our "C" game or worse...which is a possibility.
So basically play like we did in the 2nd half against Iowa State.

That game is probably the best illustration of this Iowa team, and what they're capable of (good and bad).

I am respecting them. I think they are a solid team who can get hit on offense. If they do, it will be a long night for Iowa.

Iowa has to play a good game to beat Temple. If they play less than that they will be in a close game and we could lose.

I am respecting them. I think they are a solid team who can get hit on offense. If they do, it will be a long night for Iowa.

Iowa has to play a good game to beat Temple. If they play less than that they will be in a close game and we could lose.
I expect a close game regardless. Iowa's been playing close games for the last month and is stuck in that mode for better or worse, and Temple scores about 1 point better than they allow per game...........so yeah, it's gonna be a close game, unfortunately. Iowa doesn't even have to play all that bad for that to happen.

Everything I've looked at says we'd have to turn it over 15 plus times and shoot bad to lose. Anything can happen but I'm confident Iowa wins and pretty comfortably

Actually B game will probably be fine, C game and they could lose.

I don't know if Iowa is even capable of playing their A game anymore.

So basically....the last game we played.

Exactly.

Thats one out of how many games though?

The bad shooting may happen again from MG AC and AW but the turnovers against Illinois were very out of the norm.

Thats one thing Iowa has done well throughout the year is take care of the ball.

ummmm

Because the Conference of America is brutal this year and Temple really is not a good team. Also, their coach has the worst win% in the ncaa tournament of any coach with double digit games played in history.

So basically play like we did in the 2nd half against Iowa State.

That game is probably the best illustration of this Iowa team, and what they're capable of (good and bad).

Second half ISU and Illinios game were probably D game.

C game second half should have been enough to beat ISU. The last minute puts it in the D category. Just inbound the ball and you win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT