ADVERTISEMENT

Nothing about the Alito recordings?

You know: I’ve tried (in vain) to argue that Alito’s jurisprudence is “old man yells at cloud”. And I get the usual bullshit responses back.

I guess I’ll have to frame it up as rightwing nut-job and religious zealot yells at clouds - via his rulings.

Season 7 Nbc GIF by The Office

I think he was talking more about the spiritual battle but I can't know exactly what he was thinking plus he was responding to another person.

He sees America becoming atheist and is concerned. I think most Americans see the decline the last decade has brought.

I don't believe it's politics, either, although that's obviously a mess.

• Wow
Reactions: Tom Paris
I think he was talking more about the spiritual battle but I can't know exactly what he was thinking plus he was responding to another person.

He sees America becoming atheist and is concerned. I think most Americans see the decline the last decade has brought.

He should have replied like Roberts did. But he didn't, because he's not anywhere close to being impartial.

Yeahhhhh, that's not the type of things that a Supreme Court Justice is supposed to be saying/doing. The Supreme Court is just absolutely ****ed.
What has been a long time descent into partisan judges nationwide is now a full tilt boogie race into blatant, nasty, “justice” for sale.
I guess that the SC showing true colors is one of the biggest disappointments in my lifetime.
Clarence is the greedy, nasty clown he has always been. What an acehole, who has set back true justice huugly.

What has been a long time descent into partisan judges nationwide is now a full tilt boogie race into blatant, nasty, “justice” for sale.
I guess that the SC showing true colors is one of the biggest disappointments in my lifetime.
Clarence is the greedy, nasty clown he has always been. What an acehole, who has set back true justice huugly.
Does SCOTUS have too many Catholic justices?

I was thinking it was 5 and was surprised it is actually 6 which does not include Gorsuch who was raised in a Catholic home but may not be a practicing Catholic today. Catholics make up about 20% of our nation's population.

Tbh I can understand why the idea of God terrifies democrats so much given how they behave most of the time. It must pain you all that He's mentioned in the pledge of allegiance and on our current as well.

Reactions: NoWokeBloke
Tbh I can understand why the idea of God terrifies democrats so much given how they behave most of the time. It must pain you all that He's mentioned in the pledge of allegiance and on our current as well.
Well, it all honestly it shouldn't be in either example and wasn't when each was originally conceived so there's that.

You don't believe its politics? The dude had an upside down flag flying outside of his house. There's absolutely NO reason to give him the benefit of the doubt about anything.

You don't believe its politics? The dude had an upside down flag flying outside of his house. There's absolutely NO reason to give him the benefit of the doubt about anything.

He said his wife did it to annoy their neighbors.

I agree it was inappropriate. I don't know what the answer is.

Does SCOTUS have too many Catholic justices?

I was thinking it was 5 and was surprised it is actually 6 which does not include Gorsuch who was raised in a Catholic home but may not be a practicing Catholic today. Catholics make up about 20% of our nation's population.

What's your solution...make quotas for religous groups to serve on the Supreme Court?

Yep, you can’t twist that crap into a spiritual battle, especially when the demonstration is in support of a person whose whole life has been practicing non spiritual actions.
He is a liar, a serial marital cheat, a known non-payer of debts, a thief, manipulator , bully, and far from a Christian example.
Time will shine a negative light on the religious right who succumbed to his influence and pushed his narrative to the detriment of our national interests.

He said his wife did it to annoy their neighbors.

I agree it was inappropriate. I don't know what the answer is.

Don't nominate people to the SCOTUS that have decades left on the clock to become discontented with their job or embittered by politics. It'd also help if the Average American started holding them to a higher standard of decorum and ethics. The idea that these absurdly powerful people with zero oversight should have anything but the smallest tolerance of impropriety is absurd.

What's your solution...make quotas for religous groups to serve on the Supreme Court?
Don't nominate so many would seem like a start going forward. Seems like the Court may have become impartial to an outsider.

I wondered if you might respond, Brian. 😉 And, for the record, I'm a lifelong Catholic, Irish Catholic at that.

Don't nominate so many would seem like a start going forward. Seems like the Court may have become impartial to an outsider.

I wondered if you might respond, Brian. 😉 And, for the record, I'm a lifelong Catholic, Irish Catholic at that.

Do you go to Mass each week and Confession regularly?

We're having a discussion about this in the other thread lol.

Do you go to Mass each week and Confession regularly?

We're having a discussion about this in the other thread lol.
Bless me Father for I have sinned. It's been a while. Went to mass every Sunday prior to Covid shutting down daily masses. I've become a ChrEaster since they resumed regular masses.

• Sad
Reactions: BrianNole777
So you think it's coincidence that it was also the symbol for 'Stop the Steal'?

Dunno...based on the tape of Mrs. Alito in this thread, it seems reasonable she put the flag up considering she talks about putting other flags up.

Do you think Judge Alito put the flag up?

Reactions: Tom Paris
Dunno...based on the tape of Mrs. Alito in this thread, it seems reasonable she put the flag up considering she talks about putting other flags up.

Do you think Judge Alito put the flag up?

Do you believe Justice Alito could be married to such a woman for as long as he has and not have his convoluted view of morality appear in his rulings?

Do you believe Justice Alito could be married to such a woman for as long as he has and not have his convoluted view of morality appear in his rulings?

Wasn't he nominated to the court because he is conservative?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT