ADVERTISEMENT

*****Offical 2022 Recruiting Thread*****

Sharar is going to be so goddamn good. I haven’t watched a film like that in my lifetime. Not insanely athletic but absolutely fearless and trust himself at a young age - Campbell like
His instincts are off the charts as well. His basketball background will really help him. He’s also got some very good acceleration off the snap.

Reactions: David1979
Wow! I only needed 30 seconds to see that kid is D1. You are right, no way that kid leaves the state, looks like a Nixon/Babs/Mike Daniels clone. Physical and violent, reads the ball, etc. Nice find...as soon as camps are allowed he's going to blow up.
His brother just walked on at ISU. I have heard from someone in the Davenport area that he is an Iowa fan and likes how well defensive lineman have developed under Bell/Morgan.

Not a '22 recruit however former Hawk RB target Kay'Ron Adams from Rutgers is in the portal. Iowa was his only other P5 offer out of high school, wonder if we take a look?

Sharar is going to be so goddamn good. I haven’t watched a film like that in my lifetime. Not insanely athletic but absolutely fearless and trust himself at a young age - Campbell like
Nick Henrich had very impressive film - as good if not better than Sharar IMO. Hated to see him sign with Nebraska.

Reactions: BigOHawk
Wow! I only needed 30 seconds to see that kid is D1. You are right, no way that kid leaves the state, looks like a Nixon/Babs/Mike Daniels clone. Physical and violent, reads the ball, etc. Nice find...as soon as camps are allowed he's going to blow up.
Like the fact you referred to him as a ‘clone’ 👍😂

Saw the recruits are recruiting Sanders to join them. Both Bruce and Stephens have tweeted at him in the past couple days.
My first choice would obviously be Sanders. That kid has some burners that most RB’s don’t have. That’s also one of the reasons I really like Smith. He’s not as fast but he looks a bit more powerful and explosive through the hole, though not quite as shifty or dynamic as Sanders. Both would be great options.

My first choice would obviously be Sanders. That kid has some burners that most RB’s don’t have. That’s also one of the reasons I really like Smith. He’s not as fast but he looks a bit more powerful and explosive through the hole, though not quite as shifty or dynamic as Sanders. Both would be great options.

Why not offer both at the same time and go with the first one to commit? Looks like it's all in on Sanders and not looking real good there according to 247.

Why not offer both at the same time and go with the first one to commit? Looks like it's all in on Sanders and not looking real good there according to 247.
I think it’s a wait and see for the staff. I don’t feel very confident with Sanders but if Iowa offers Smith, I feel like we’d get him.

If you are just going off predictions, those are old.

They could be doing a little more eval on Smith before offering. I am ok with not offering if it is a reach, because you can always target a transfer. Heck they didn't find Sargent until way late.

Nobody second guessed that when we did that at QB, right? :)

In fairness, it seems to have worked out at RB (TGood vs JBrock)

Nobody second guessed that when we did that at QB, right? :)

In fairness, it seems to have worked out at RB (TGood vs JBrock)

In fairness they were active with both (TGood vs JBrock) at the same time. They dropped Brock when they got a firm yes from TGood.

I know this is the wrong recruiting year, but I see that Wiltfong now has crystal balled 2021 OL Michael-Myslinski to Iowa. Wiltfong is the ONLY 247 crystal baller I put any trust in. When he predicts, its usually true.
The "2" he gave is about the lowest confidence prediction he can give, tho.

Fingers crossed.

I know this is the wrong recruiting year, but I see that Wiltfong now has crystal balled 2021 OL Michael-Myslinski to Iowa. Wiltfong is the ONLY 247 crystal baller I put any trust in. When he predicts, its usually true.
Is Myslinksi a C? Certainly a good year to have Tyler as one of the best Centers in the nation and if he comes to Iowa can learn from Tyler for a year before he goes pro. Can't see him going to Maryland so looks like a Big 10 battle..

Is Myslinksi a C? Certainly a good year to have Tyler as one of the best Centers in the nation and if he comes to Iowa can learn from Tyler for a year before he goes pro. Can't see him going to Maryland so looks like a Big 10 battle..
Yeah he is a center.
Maryland is recruiting Florida really well so who knows but I would be surprised if it isn't Iowa or MSU.

New name on the radar for a '21 RB? Iowa checking in on this prospect from Louisiana.
Kendrell Williams

Decent tape from a 2-star, has an Army offer, not a burner however long strides and does run away from defenders. Team threw him the ball a lot too, willing blocker, team looks like they run stretch plays too. Interesting...Hawks have options if Sanders goes to ISU.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoSwampDonkeys
New name on the radar for a '21 RB? Iowa checking in on this prospect from Louisiana.
Kendrell Williams

Decent tape from a 2-star, has an Army offer, not a burner however long strides and does run away from defenders. Team threw him the ball a lot too, willing blocker, team looks like they run stretch plays too. Interesting...Hawks have options if Sanders goes to ISU.
Add 40 lbs and make him a FB cuz he blocks like a boss in his film.

Eli Raridon is an interesting prospect. Big kid who is an excellent Basketball player for Valley, here in WDM. I went to that Valley game when they got ripped by ANKENY with a friend who goes to every game. Eli made a terrific catch along the sideline. When I mentioned it to my buddy, he said,
“Yes, it was a great catch... which is surprising.”
So I pressed him on it, saying that basketball players usually have really good hands...?

He said, “Yes, usually they do. Eli has the body and speed for a great TE, but ... hands? Not so much.”

So, naturally that got me thinking that he might be one of those TE prospects the staff immediately turns into an OL with some size and athletic ability. I will be watching this as closely as I can.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT