ADVERTISEMENT

*****Offical 2023 Recruiting Thread*****

Andre Davis to KState. Another one to cross off the visitor list. Only one WR visiting now

As dismal as petras is, the WR group is going to look terrible in the future. In 2-3 years we'll fully realize the depths that his crappiness has affected the program.
I think the current receivers group might be one of the best Iowa has had in a few years. Johnson and Bruce are special, and there are several young receivers who have flashed potential. No reason to write them off.

Reactions: TheHawk86 and Ree4
Other site has a new crystal ball in for Kendrick Gilbert to Kentucky. It will be interesting to see if he makes it to his Iowa visit.

One of my concerns as it relates to Proctor is that the abrupt about-face occurred right after seeing 'Bama.

The good news is that the Hawks are locked in to get an official. The bad news is that his interest in 'Bama could sadly be legit.

I genuinely hope he ends up being a Hawk!

Reactions: iowaflash
One of my concerns as it relates to Proctor is that the abrupt about-face occurred right after seeing 'Bama.

The good news is that the Hawks are locked in to get an official. The bad news is that his interest in 'Bama could sadly be legit.

I genuinely hope he ends up being a Hawk!
I think the fact that he is taking an official to Iowa is a big deal. If he thought Bama was it he would just choose Bame because as others have said he has been to iowa a ton of times and knows probably everything about it. Bama was the school I was worried about the most, even with the Oregon buzz because of they are probably the only school where if you go there for 4 years, you are likely to win a championship. That has to be appealing. Plus they send a ton of guys to the NFL as well.

Reactions: ghostOfHomer777
I think the fact that he is taking an official to Iowa is a big deal. If he thought Bama was it he would just choose Bame because as others have said he has been to iowa a ton of times and knows probably everything about it. Bama was the school I was worried about the most, even with the Oregon buzz because of they are probably the only school where if you go there for 4 years, you are likely to win a championship. That has to be appealing. Plus they send a ton of guys to the NFL as well.
Fun stat, but every recruiting class Saban has had at Alabama has had a championship at some point in their 4 year careers.

Otting was projected to play guard. Leonard is a tackle.
i understand . I also know You cant teach 6'9 and wingspan and if the kid really showed out in Camp it may have just been a no brainer offer , It is looking more and more like Iowa wants 5 OL minimum in this class , maybe He just put Himself in position to grab one of the slots. Iowa has a ton of Guard type bodies already in the OL room as well .

Reactions: David1979
i understand . I also know You cant teach 6'9 and wingspan and if the kid really showed out in Camp it may have just been a no brainer offer , It is looking more and more like Iowa wants 5 OL minimum in this class , maybe He just put Himself in position to grab one of the slots. Iowa has a ton of Guard type bodies already in the OL room as well .
Yeah they must want a lot of guys this class.

Those 2 visiting the 24th are of pretty high importance then to get committed.
Sure. BUT we have two walk ons who will probably get drafted ahead of anybody you clowns have. Here's a fact for you 515. IF they ever start a game at Iowa they'll WILL get at least a free agent NFL contract, as has EVERY other Iowa TE who has started a game under KF.

Yeah they must want a lot of guys this class.
I anticipate quite a full class this year. Also, I figure that some 4 year SRs might walk after this season ... further freeing up ships (on top of normal attrition, guys declaring for the NFL, and folks who jump to the transfer portal).

Reactions: David1979
Bo Mascoe no longer visiting. Down to just one uncommitted DB visiting. Visitor list continues to shrink from the beginning of the month. I feel like the late visit is a bad choice by Iowa. I know they like to have them that weekend for certain reasons but it seems like Iowa takes themselves out of the conversation for some guys by having it later. Still think it could be a very successful weekend though.

Bo Mascoe no longer visiting. Down to just one uncommitted DB visiting. Visitor list continues to shrink from the beginning of the month. I feel like the late visit is a bad choice by Iowa. I know they like to have them that weekend for certain reasons but it seems like Iowa takes themselves out of the conversation for some guys by having it later. Still think it could be a very successful weekend though.
Likely means we offer Abu Sama or the Jenkins become a take.

Likely means we offer Abu Sama or the Jenkins become a take.
Could see that but I can also see them getting Tate on board and then just kind of waiting it out and seeing if some guys emerge or decommit from other schools like last year. I think they will have most of their class done before the season starts and then can just be patient. I would guess the OL and DL will be done and they can look at WR and CBs and maybe another LB to finish out the class. Hopefully done at TE too. Think they have a good chance to land both.

I wonder if Sama will be at the camp on Thursday?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT