ADVERTISEMENT

****Official 1/8 to 1/10 Winter Storm Huck thread****

It's going to be a busy night for this guy.

Homer Simpson Call Mr Plow Thats My Name That Name Again Is Mr Plow GIF

Can OP please take the time to be a little more title accurate? This is winter storm " Huck " Finn, it's going to white wash Iowa with up to 12" of wet snow...

The week will begin with all modes of dangerous weather on the table for millions in the United States, as Winter Storm Finn loads up to deliver a punch of heavy snow, blizzard conditions, severe storms and even flooding.

(10:20 a.m. ET) Weather Could Impact College Football Championship Tonight In Houston​

The college football national championship game takes place tonight at Houston's NRG Stadium. Kickoff is scheduled for 7:45 p.m. eastern time, or 6:45 p.m. local time, with tailgating and special events planned throughout the day.

The University of Michigan will take on the University of Washington, with many fans traveling long distances to watch.

"The greatest risk of severe weather in the Houston metro area will likely be this afternoon until around dinnertime," weather.com senior meteorologist Chris Dolce says. "Storms that turn severe might have a chance to produce damaging wind gusts and a tornado threat. A majority of the severe weather threat will likely be up until kickoff, then decreasing chances through the rest of the evening."

KC is supposed to get a pretty good shot out of this although not as bad as my HORT brethren. It is fun watching the yokels lose their minds around here though. I'll be one of the few in the office tomorrow.

On the neighborhood FB page, a parent posted a reminder that his kid will clean driveways for $20, sidewalks for $5, or both for $25. I may have to take him up on that, even though i have a snowblower.

Western Iowa and Nebraska are eating it. I think the storm totals are insanely high and won't happen.

On the neighborhood FB page, a parent posted a reminder that his kid will clean driveways for $20, sidewalks for $5, or both for $25. I may have to take him up on that, even though i have a snowblower.

I'm assuming this kid has his own snow blower.

If he's doing that by hand, I feel sorry for him and he needs to increase his fee.

I welcome our blizzard God
Boreas (Βορέας, Boréas; also Βορρᾶς, Borrhás) was the Greek god of the cold north wind and the bringer of winter. His name meant "North Wind" or "Devouring One". His name gives rise to the adjective "boreal". Tengliu, Snow goddess from Chinese mythology.

Does he come back and clean it again for free if the wind blows the snow back in? Sounds like it’s supposed to be windy blowing snow.

I see the media fear is already causing schools to close for tomorrow. I think it’s odd that they close before it even starts snowing and they have the whole night to see what happens. Plus you can see if school is closed so much quicker now days.
You don’t have to sit by the radio or tv and wait to see or hear your school and hope you don’t miss it.

Reactions: Doodads and Hoohah
JFC, the latest from the QC NWS now has Iowa City in the 13"-18" range and CR in the 11-16" range. I hope they are way overestimating this amount, probably looking at multiple blower sessions if accurate. If we do get that much I'm praying it's the very light fluffy snow type.

I have a theory that if I run my hose in the driveway the whole time no snow will stick. I'll report back.
Are you the person that came up with the hack of pouring hot water on your car windshield to avoid having to scrape ice? That has saved me so much time!

• Haha
Reactions: Moral and McLovin32
You mean the forecast?

Well a forecast has been around for as long as I can remember and I don’t recall any forecast closing my old high school the day before that forecasted day. They waited until something actually had happened or was happening

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT