ADVERTISEMENT

****Official 1/8 to 1/10 Winter Storm Huck thread****

Same here.

Thankfully, I upped my snowblower game last spring. Never would have been able to get rid of it all in one pass without it. Never clogged up once.

Old School 1970's era Ariens...I highly recommend them.
I've been stuck at work in south CR all day. Dreading the drive home to the north side

Same here.

Thankfully, I upped my snowblower game last spring. Never would have been able to get rid of it all in one pass without it. Never clogged up once.

Old School 1970's era Ariens...I highly recommend them.
I'm lucky, we have a family friend that plows, so they always stop by the house and clear the driveway, and clear the sidewalks. So I don't have to mess with the clearing of the snow other than on the back patio and the front walk way.

I'm lucky, we have a family friend that plows, so they always stop by the house and clear the driveway, and clear the sidewalks. So I don't have to mess with the clearing of the snow other than on the back patio and the front walk way.
friends-ross-geller.gif

Just got inside, glad I invested in a nice snowblower last year….this stuff was brutal and still coming down. Ended up helping a few neighbors who were struggling trying to shovel it.

Just got inside, glad I invested in a nice snowblower last year….this stuff was brutal and still coming down. Ended up helping a few neighbors who were struggling trying to shovel it.
This thing is sure taking its sweet time getting out of here.

• Angry
Reactions: HawkBall23
Memphis getting “something” 14th-15th. Too early forecasts said 11”, which would be almost unheard of here. People already buying their bread and milk.

As someone whose mom made him walk to school in Wisconsin through literal CANYONS of piled snow, I agree 100%

I blame lawyers and litigiousness more than society, though.
Of course she sent you to school in the snow. There was a line of fat guys in Packers jackets waiting for their turn.
No offense.

Reactions: TDJ7 and torbee
The contractors who push snow are some of my least favorite people. The ones that shove the snow into the street and cram it up against the curb, thereby making the lanes narrower, and creating hazards. I was on 1st Avenue this afternoon and I saw one of those clowns plowing a pile of snow into the street. There was a city front end loader coming down the street, and he dropped the blade and launched it onto the guy in his covered bobcat.
Glad to see my tax dollars at work like that.

Reactions: TDJ7
We ended up at 14 inches on the first run. Had 3 more today. And a possible up to 10 inches more Thursday/Friday in Sioux City area.

When I read some of your posts from eastern Iowa I giggle. It's not that bad.

Looking like Muscatine is gonna miss out on all the "appetizer" for the next storm tonight.

I ain't even the slightest bit perturbed about that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT