Championship coming down to the wire.

91-80
B1G Deal winning right now.

He has Pacheco left
I have Metcalf, Love, Kraft and Denver D left

Final Payouts, I'll be sending to original Venmo

J57cGY7.jpg

Great season boyz!

Congrats Gator. At least I lost to a good team this year. Just didn’t have enough without Herbert, Allen and Stevenson. Onto next season.
Yeah. Jordan Love mideason waiver claim saved me. Especially this week with McCaffrey going down. The season is a testament to what happens when that dude stays healthy for an entire season.

Reactions: dgordo
Yeah. Jordan Love mideason waiver claim saved me. Especially this week with McCaffrey going down. The season is a testament to what happens when that dude stays healthy for an entire season.
Yeah I dropped Love after a few weeks bad weeks and Mahomes was actually playing well.

I have regrets :(

Reactions: FAUlty Gator
I guess I have no issues as it stands. Maybe have a kicker lose -1 if they miss a FG. I'm also open to raising fee for larger payout. I know we give $ to weekly high scorer, but maybe also best record at end of year before playoff gets something?

I guess I have no issues as it stands. Maybe have a kicker lose -1 if they miss a FG. I'm also open to raising fee for larger payout. I know we give $ to weekly high scorer, but maybe also best record at end of year before playoff gets something?
good ideas, my other league pays out overall top scorer.

Could always look at going the dynasty route next year too, keep maybe 6 or 8 players each season. That's fun too.

Could always look at going the dynasty route next year too, keep maybe 6 or 8 players each season. That's fun too.
Yeah, some sort of dynasty might be fun. I do another league and you keep 3 each year.

I don't know. I don't really have any qualms with how the league is set up. But if anyone had any changes they wanted to make, now is the time to do it instead of right before/after we draft.
Draft Order for next year (Reverse of final week standings before playoffs):

1. @Jedhawk77
2. @QChawks
3. @ChrisVarick
4. @ggmditka
5. @bdg8
6. @CJ Beat Hard
7. @Honda Hawk
8. @millah_22
9. @ThorneStockton
10. @dgordo
11. @FAUlty Gator
12. @B1GDeal
I’ve never done a keeper league. Anyone have any interest in doing that? Not necessarily keeping from this season but maybe starting next one. I imagine none of us know each other already so the league should probably be pretty stable for the next few years.

I’ve never done a keeper league. Anyone have any interest in doing that? Not necessarily keeping from this season but maybe starting next one. I imagine none of us know each other already so the league should probably be pretty stable for the next few years.
I ran a keeper in baseball about a decade ago. I can do some research on how to do it for football. Otherwise if anyone has any input.

It'd be best to start it next year since adding/dropping has much different stakes in a keeper league.

I ran a keeper in baseball about a decade ago. I can do some research on how to do it for football. Otherwise if anyone has any input.

It'd be best to start it next year since adding/dropping has much different stakes in a keeper league.
I've done keeper for football and baseball, they are a lot more fun as you keep your studs for several years.

Yahoo should allow them but I think you can set up a new league that way and assign keepers before each draft.
I agree that it's something we would start completely from scratch with though.

I've done keeper for football and baseball, they are a lot more fun as you keep your studs for several years.

Yahoo should allow them but I think you can set up a new league that way and assign keepers before each draft.
there are comish options to set keepers for each round, so we wouldn't need to start a new league elsewhere.

Reactions: QChawks

Do you select the keepers in the year you drafted them previously? Or do you just auto draft them in the first so many rounds?

Our baseball was if you drafted your keeper you got them in the spot you drafted them the prior year. If they were traded, you got them in the spot your trade partner drafted them in the year prior. If you picked them up as a FA they took the last spot in the draft.

Then, every year you keep them they appreciate for 2 rounds. So in 2021 you draft X in round 15, you get X in round 15 in 2022. If you elect to keep them again in 2023, you get them in round 13, in 2024 you get them in round 11.

Do you do that for football?

For Keeper League... if you drafted Kittle in the 3rd Rd and keep him you'd lose your 3rd round pick (essentially he's your 3rd rd pick again). That's how we did it. We had to announce our keepers at least 1 week before our draft to allow time for others to see and strategize. You can also opt not keep anyone, but can keep up to 3. And, we were not allowed to keep anyone drafted in from the prior years first round. We had a 3 year limit on how long you could keep a player too.

I've never done a dynasty league. Those you have more roster slots and basically keep your team and have defensive position slots. But, they have free agency, draft for rookies, salary caps, etc. Just seems like way too much work.

Do you select the keepers in the year you drafted them previously? Or do you just auto draft them in the first so many rounds?

Our baseball was if you drafted your keeper you got them in the spot you drafted them the prior year. If they were traded, you got them in the spot your trade partner drafted them in the year prior. If you picked them up as a FA they took the last spot in the draft.

Then, every year you keep them they appreciate for 2 rounds. So in 2021 you draft X in round 15, you get X in round 15 in 2022. If you elect to keep them again in 2023, you get them in round 13, in 2024 you get them in round 11.

Do you do that for football?
in the league I was in there was a deadline to set your keepers by, after that date the rest were polled into the free agent list.

For Keeper League... if you drafted Kittle in the 3rd Rd and keep him you'd lose your 3rd round pick (essentially he's your 3rd rd pick again). That's how we did it. We had to announce our keepers at least 1 week before our draft to allow time for others to see and strategize. You can also opt not keep anyone, but can keep up to 3. And, we were not allowed to keep anyone drafted in from the prior years first round. We had a 3 year limit on how long you could keep a player too.

I've never done a dynasty league. Those you have more roster slots and basically keep your team and have defensive position slots. But, they have free agency, draft for rookies, salary caps, etc. Just seems like way too much work.
I like that keeper league idea. Looking at my roster, I guess since we couldn’t keep first round pick in CMC, I’d probably go with Niko Collins in the 12th or Rashee Rice in 11th, freeing up all of the good early rounds.

right. just crowdsourcing info on how keepers were distributed into the draft.
Yep, so if our Draft is 8/31/24 then we'd have until 11:59pm on 8/24/24 to lock in our keepers. After that those not locked in become available to be drafted on the 31st. And, any player kept counts as your pick from the round you drafted them the prior year (ex: selected Kittle in 3rd round and keep he counts as you 3rd rd pick again).

I like that keeper league idea. Looking at my roster, I guess since we couldn’t keep first round pick in CMC, I’d probably go with Niko Collins in the 12th or Rashee Rice in 11th, freeing up all of the good early rounds.
I did the other keeper league for about 5-6 years and most keepers tended to be mid-late picks that were good. But, some did keep a stud early pick too.

If we can constantly keep the same group im a fan of a keeper or two. I personally am not a big fan of the keep 6-8 people but that’s just me

I think a keeper league would be a fun change. I would like to see 3 at the max. I would like to see roster size stay the same, especially at running back. It gets way too thin in a 12 team league imo.

Reactions: dgordo
I think a keeper league would be a fun change. I would like to see 3 at the max. I would like to see roster size stay the same, especially at running back. It gets way too thin in a 12 team league imo.
I think an extra flex would be a decent addition. At the end of the year I had plenty of WR/ Choices. But you’re right that RBs get thin quick. Especially with as many committee backfields as there are now.

I think an extra flex would be a decent addition. At the end of the year I had plenty of WR/ Choices. But you’re right that RBs get thin quick. Especially with as many committee backfields as there are now.
Ok. I'm gonna gather up these suggestions here and make a spreadsheet adn we can vote. I think for a keeper league, a good addition is an extra IR spot if we can.

I planned ahead and drafted extra RBs. ;) That said, if I had lost one more I'd have been starting a total streamer.

Reactions: FAUlty Gator
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT