ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

As shown below, the Fever have the easiest remaining schedule of any WNBA team (followed by MN and Atlanta). 2 of the Fever's remaining games, however, are against the Aces; they have 1 game left vs the Lynx.

GWJsrvAXoAAM59A

Reactions: LOTOlion
Rumors on Twitter that Carter doesn’t really have Covid, and she’s out because of that fight in the locker room last Friday. Who knows what’s true though. I’m sure Mabrey was like, “get me the hell away from these psychos!”.
Thank goodness the Sky have such a strong locker room leader and role model in Angel Reese. And a competitor too! What other player would be begging for the ball, imploring the team to continue scoring, down an insurmountable 14 points to an opponent with only seconds to play?!

Rumors on Twitter that Carter doesn’t really have Covid, and she’s out because of that fight in the locker room last Friday. Who knows what’s true though. I’m sure Mabrey was like, “get me the hell away from these psychos!”.
Yeah, and if you watch the post-game pressers, it's as though the players are choosing their words carefully, and have a general sense of depression. It's bad. With players donning the masks, you would suspect it's because of Charlie Oscar Victor India Delta One Niner. But, with the way the mood is around that team, as you've said, who knows what's true.

Hope that's true and she gets bounced from the WNBA again. What an unlikable person.

Early in the year, it felt like Mitchell felt “undervalued”. Kinda like she was just waiting her time to leave at end of year.
However, since all star game, I get a different feeling. She realizes Caitlin will gladly share the ball and spotlight. KM can lead team in scoring and shots and her teammates still be happy for her. Above all, they are winning at a rate that playoff victories are a reasonable goal. For a player who hasn’t seen postseason, it’s gotta make you think about coming back.

Early in the year, it felt like Mitchell felt “undervalued”. Kinda like she was just waiting her time to leave at end of year.
However, since all star game, I get a different feeling. She realizes Caitlin will gladly share the ball and spotlight. KM can lead team in scoring and shots and her teammates still be happy for her. Above all, they are winning at a rate that playoff victories are a reasonable goal. For a player who hasn’t seen postseason, it’s gotta make you think about coming back.
She was hurt all preseason so I think it took her a few games to get her legs under her, and then many games for her and others to acclimate to Caitlin. I have to hand it to Sides because sometimes it feels like I'm watching Iowa again with run and gun led by ponytail pete. It's 50% that, 25% of stockton/malone pick and roll, and then 25% iverson going one on one.

Last edited:
From what I've heard, of course she was booed by the fans at the game, but it was more like trolls on X that were really giving her the business.
i honestly don't know why a famous person interacts with anyone on social media other than their "friends". There is so much hate spewed by real people or bots. Juice isn't worth the squeeze.

if they were smart.

are they smart? ;)
I think the Fever keep a player on the team because she's Boston's best friend. Kate has that with Caitlin. She also fits incredibly well with Clark with the skill set she has. Swiss army knife that can hit a three, a turnaround j, or sprinting to the rim for an easy bucket. But Linn Dunn is crazy so who knows

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
i honestly don't know why a famous person interacts with anyone on social media other than their "friends". There is so much hate spewed by real people or bots. Juice isn't worth the squeeze.
It seems like a lot of the trouble this year is because it's the first time most of the WNBA has been receiving attention from people they don't personally know. I'm free to act like a twat at work without people I've never met posting about it online, if that changed overnight because of some college kid getting hired I'd be pissed.

Top three racists bitches that I hate in order:

Angel Reese
Dijonai Carrington
Chennedy Carter

Carrington in particular is an a-hole. She is a good player and a better defender, but what she gets away with on defense pisses me off. Then she runs her mouth about fans being racists.

I was watching clips of her defending CC last night and she consistently gets away with jabbing one of her long ass arms through CC's off arm and across her body to get a hand on the ball. No foul. In the first two games of the series, CC literally had to dribble with Carrington's arm draped around her almost constantly. As the refs have stopped giving CC the rookie treatment, at least that has stopped somewhat.

David is a beat writer for 24/7.

Here is his reaction to Angel Reese being ranked the #1 rookie by eSECpn.

I saw that. That's it. I just cannot with ESPN any longer. The mere fact that they can try and push an agenda like that, well, enough is enough. I'm just not stupid enough to comprehend it any longer apparently.

I saw that. That's it. I just cannot with ESPN any longer. The mere fact that they can try and push an agenda like that, well, enough is enough. I'm just not stupid enough to comprehend it any longer apparently.
That article wasn’t pushing agenda. That article was about how biased the metrics are against Guards. None of the three metrics ranked CC better than AR demonstrating that despite obvious visible evidence, stats can lie.

It looks like after your 7th year in the WNBA you become an unrestricted free agent.

This is Kelsey Mitchell's 7th year in the WNBA (and with Indiana). She was the #2 overall pick in 2018, out of Ohio State. She turned 28 on Nov 12. I think (and hope) she stays with the Fever.

A team, however, can core ONE veteran free agent. Between January 1 and January 14, a core qualifying offer can be extended to any player who would otherwise become an unrestricted free agent. Like other qualifying offers, the team and player may still negotiate a contract with different terms. Core qualifying offers have an expiration date of March 7, but the core designation remains. If a player signs any contract, whether it is the qualifying offer or a negotiated contract, while under the core designation, they will be considered that team's one allowable cored player until the contract expires, is terminated, or is traded.

Once the core qualifying offer has been extended, the player may not sign a contract directly with any other team. The core designation gives the team exclusive negotiating rights with the player. The core qualifying offer is a franchise player tag WNBA teams give to a player who would otherwise hit unrestricted free agency. The qualifying offer compels the potential free agent to negotiate solely with the team that cored her. The player gets offered a guaranteed supermax salary for one year in return.

Players who have played 2 or more seasons on contracts that were signed while under the core designation may not be cored again. This means if a player is given the core designation in the 2025 preseason and negotiates a two-year contract while still under that designation, they will not be able to be cored for the remainder of their careers once the contract expires in 2027.

If the core qualifying offer is not extended or is withdrawn, the player becomes an unrestricted free agent.

Comparing apples to apples:

Seattle drafted Breanna Stewart #1 overall out of UConn in 2016; Breanna was an unrestricted free agent after the 2022 season. In January, 2023, she met with New York, Seattle, Minnesota and Washington. She ended up signing with New York and has been there since the 2023 season.

So, Breanna was with Seattle for 7 seasons (2016-2022). She did not play in the 2019 season due to an achilles injury.

Caitlin Clark's situation:

The Fever have CC's rights for 4 seasons (thru the 2027 season). She then becomes a restricted free agent.

After the 2027 season: once a restricted qualifying offer is extended by the Fever, it makes Caitlin a restricted free agent unless the Fever decides to revoke it. Caitlin could sign that deal. However, restricted free agents are allowed to negotiate freely with any team in the WNBA including their previous team, but their previous team has what is called the 'right of first refusal.' This means that the Fever will be given the opportunity to match a contract that the restricted free agent has agreed to in principle with another team. That agreement is known as an offer sheet in the CBA. If the Fever matches the offer sheet, then Caitlin signs with the Fever at the terms offered by the other team.

So, when would Caitlin become an unrestricted free agent? It's gonna be a while. Not until after the 2030 season. But then the Fever could "core" her and keep her another 2 seasons (through 2032).

Last edited:
It looks like after your 7th year in the WNBA you become an unrestricted free agent.

This is Kelsey Mitchell's 7th year in the WNBA (and with Indiana). She was the #2 overall pick in 2018, out of Ohio State. She turned 28 on Nov 12. I think (and hope) she stays with the Fever.

Comparing apples to apples:

Seattle drafted Breanna Stewart #1 overall out of UConn in 2016; Breanna was an unrestricted free agent after the 2022 season. In January, 2023, she met with New York, Seattle, Minnesota and Washington. She ended up signing with New York and has been there since the 2023 season.

So, Breanna was with Seattle for 7 seasons (2016-2022). She did not play in the 2019 season due to an achilles injury.

Caitlin Clark's situation:

The Fever have CC's rights for 4 seasons (thru the 2027 season). She then becomes a restricted free agent.

After the 2027 season: once a restricted qualifying offer is extended by the Fever, it makes Caitlin a restricted free agent unless the Fever decides to revoke it. Caitlin could sign that deal. However, restricted free agents are allowed to negotiate freely with any team in the WNBA including their previous team, but their previous team has what is called the 'right of first refusal.' This means that the Fever will be given the opportunity to match a contract that the restricted free agent has agreed to in principle with another team. That agreement is known as an offer sheet in the CBA. If the Fever matches the offer sheet, then Caitlin signs with the Fever at the terms offered by the other team.

So, when would Caitlin become an unrestricted free agent? It's gonna be a while. Not until after the 2030 season.
I don’t think that is right. I believe I read that the fever could “core” Kelsey and make her sign with them. In any event, I have to think she will want to come back because the fever are the team of the near future.

Reactions: Franisdaman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT