ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

On the play Caitlin got called for the tech ION started to show the baseline angle, cut away, then cut back as Young hit the floor. I would like to have seen it. I think Caitlin may have got all ball and completely embarrassed their star and Olympian. Of course, that's probably why it was called. Aces get a ton of favorable whistles and non-whistles.

I’m also really starting to not like plum. Seems like a punk.
On the play she was trying to steal the ball from Mitchell and got whistled she initiated it by grabbing Mitchell's waist with BOTH hands. It was so blatant but the play continued a bit until Kelsey lost the ball.

It seemed like the same kinda BS late whistle on a missed shot. The late whistle in this case was correct, but there shouldn't be late whistles period.

But yeah, punk play and punk reaction by Plunk.

W allows way to much hand checking and arm barring 20-25 ft from the hoop. Aces along with Connecticut and New York have strong, seasoned veterans who are strong and physical players. Certainly works to their advantage. Which is why the Fever push the pace most times and struggle a bit more in the half court. Much harder to get into an offense when you’re being grabbed and pushed in the half court. Why they don’t call the game the way the NBA does makes no sense.

They crowned A’ja MVP before the season ever started. Mrs. spider (no pic) and I have continued to comment that it’s the weirdest thing ever. No other sports league decides its MVP before any games have even been played. It would be as if last Thursday before the Chiefs-Ravens all the talking heads said “yeah, I know Jackson won it last year, but Mahomes just had an off year. I don’t think there’s any doubt Patrick’s gonna be MVP this year.”
That’s something that irritates me about college football. Just last week commentators were talking about how “so and so” is a leader in the heismam race. After only 1-2 games.

On the play she was trying to steal the ball from Mitchell and got whistled she initiated it by grabbing Mitchell's waist with BOTH hands. It was so blatant but the play continued a bit until Kelsey lost the ball.

It seemed like the same kinda BS late whistle on a missed shot. The late whistle in this case was correct, but there shouldn't be late whistles period.

I also didn’t care for her staring down some Indiana fan early in the game.

Reactions: SoonerBeAHawk
Other things which bug me about the aces is that the set moving screens all of the time never get called. And their guards constantly hand check and body up our guards and never get called, but our guards breathe on them wrong and it’s a whistle. Honestly, if I wasn’t all in on Caitlin I would not put up with watching that shit.

Plum just grabbed Mitchell's waist as she beat her off the dribble. Plum had no play on the ball. When she finally got whistled she started bitching to the officials. Plum is a hack.

Weak.

That was the first time I addressed the topic and did so in an obviously neutral way.

The only other mentions I made to it were in two replies to a poster who replied to me. In my second post to him I picked up on what he said of both sides being guilty of pettiness. I concluded by saying I would post no more about the topic and didn't.

But subsequently you and MS have responded to my original post. For once it might be wise to take your own advice and let it go.
You first.

W allows way to much hand checking and arm barring 20-25 ft from the hoop. Aces along with Connecticut and New York have strong, seasoned veterans who are strong and physical players. Certainly works to their advantage. Which is why the Fever push the pace most times and struggle a bit more in the half court. Much harder to get into an offense when you’re being grabbed and pushed in the half court. Why they don’t call the game the way the NBA does makes no sense.
Perfectly stated.

Missed free throws, some bad luck shooting, a few bad turnovers, some atrocious calls by refs, and an out of bounds play drawn up by sides at the end where Boston took a 3. Wasted opportunities galore.
Fever were outcoached(again). Had a houseful of Iowans here to attend the game - was really hoping Indiana could manage a split with Vegas.

She did that a bunch when she defended Clark. Both her and Gray numerous times had at least one if not two arms wrapped around her when she's off the ball to slow her progress in getting open. Ridiculous that this stuff is allowed to go on. Maybe thats the REALITY that Taurasi was talking about. We can mug you and the zebras aren't going to call most of them.....

She did that a bunch when she defended Clark. Both her and Gray numerous times had at least one if not two arms wrapped around her when she's off the ball to slow her progress in getting open. Ridiculous that this stuff is allowed to go on. Maybe thats the REALITY that Taurasi was talking about. We can mug you and the zebras aren't going to call most of them.....
^^^^That's on Sides if true.

Chris Paul shouts out Caitlin Clark’s assist record

GXc-uwkWUAAk8vX

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
SO play into their hands and go with what they give you, even if thats not the best play, or actually do some coaching and come up with the ball in the right persons hands? :rolleyes:
They quickly doubled Mitchell and she did the right thing and hit the open man. If she would have forced something all of our “fans” who call her a ball hog would have jumped all over her. Sometimes give credit to the other team. They weren’t letting CC or Mitchell beat them. Boston had a great look and almost hit it. As a coach every play you draw up doesn’t always end up working out. And you know that.

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT