ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2019 thread*****

giphy.gif

I think I’d have to have it explained to me how Realmuto is a big upgrade over Contreras. I haven’t given up on him, and money/years aren’t that far off, are they?

So, the Cubs seem to have figured they can get Torreyes back at a lower number, or there is someone they want more? Hopefully they have an agreement in place. I’m still not convinced that Russell returns to the Cubs. Supposedly their tender was for a non guaranteed deal like the one Grimm got last season.

He is good. As stated, I haven't given up on Contreras, yet. He had a down year offensively, but he has great promise. 90 percent chance Realmuto has the better career, but they are not that far off considering we are comparing two young players who both switched positions relatively late in the minors.
Also, what are the prospects the Marlins want in return? Every single service I've seen has Miguel Amaya as the #1 or #2 rated prospect in the system, and he would surely be on the Marlin's wish list. Anything involving him would be a big move by the Cubs.
This seems like a writers throwing something against the wall in early December. But, in saying that I am demonstrating multiple people on this board have been drawn into a discussion by it.

Interesting piece in BleacherNation today by Michael Ceremi about which young players the Cubs should try to extend. I don't like to link stuff from there, because of an irrational pang of guilt. I've sat next to Brett Taylor in the bleachers a few times and it seems unfaithful.
To sum up, Bryant will never sign and extension, he'll have made $60 million by the time he's a FA, anyway. Addison Russell is toxic. Javy Baez just busted out, so you probably can't get him to sign, but try anyway. Happ is too young, and you have time. Almora, meh. Schwarber and Contreras, try and work something out.
It's interesting he didn't offer an opinion on trying to extend Hendricks.

doesnt seem like they gave up much for him, i guess that just for 1 year though
Isn't Kelly the heir apparent to Molina? They will have to look for another young catcher at this point.

Although it doesn't seem like they gave up a lot, if it's only for 1 year it may be quite a bit.

Isn't Kelly the heir apparent to Molina? They will have to look for another young catcher at this point.

Although it doesn't seem like they gave up a lot, if it's only for 1 year it may be quite a bit.
Talk in the organization is Kelly isn't/wasn't going to be the guy. Had chances to be backup but never grabbed it. Andrew Knizner is the guy they believe to be the one.

Reactions: SIXERS24
doesnt seem like they gave up much for him, i guess that just for 1 year though
Supposedly the hang up on the deal going down for the last few days was the Cardinals could not get a window to negotiate an extension with Goldschmidt. Both sides seemed to move on from that and just deal.

Nolan Eovaldi gets $68MM over the four-year term from Red Soxes. SP looks overpriced this year. Maybe position players other than the big 2 will go for less.

Theo has to know there window is closing. Cards just got goldy. Brewers look good. Philly looking to add some players. we have to get harper. Even if it doesn’t workout he is a good face of the orginazation.

Jesus f*ck. I’m eternally grateful to Theo for the championship, but his last few moves have been god awful.

Heyward
Morrow
Darvish
Smyley
Chatwood

Woof.

"The last few" and you're including Heyward? He was pre-ring. And Smyly? He was coming off Tommy John, so him pitching last year was always a low-cost longshot. They sent him to Texas to offset Cole Hamels money.

Theo has to know there window is closing. Cards just got goldy. Brewers look good. Philly looking to add some players. we have to get harper. Even if it doesn’t workout he is a good face of the orginazation.
Aren’t Bryant and Baez faces of organization. And wouldn’t the Cubs be ****ed if they gave over 300 million to a player and he didn’t work out. How much dead money can a team absorb

Theo wants to add a professional hitter in the Cubs
lineup. He is willing to trade Schwarber and Happ to
get one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT