ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2020 thread*****

One of the best parts about today's game outcome? White Sox fell all the way to the 7th seed in the AL playoffs. Will have to play @ OAK.

Just a short 1.5 weeks ago, this same CWS was right there in the running for the #1 overall seed in the AL.

Nice epic fail, Pale Hosers.

tenor.gif

You're really gonna hate watching the Sox play through October while you wonder why your average players can't win a playoff series.

Who knows what happens if the Cardinals don't endure that 16-games-postponed due to Covid, then made up with lots of DHs..... but they did, and the Cubs survived.
Nobody cried for us in 18 when we had to make up all those games and played like 30 games in 30 days in the dog days of August/sept while the brewers were off every Thursday. Still tied them and beat em head to head during season but the 1 gm tie breaker more important than 19 games I guess. Stupid.

Last edited:
Why are the Cardinals being gifted the 4 seed with 2 fewer games? They play and lose those two they’re 7th seed.

Why are the Cardinals being gifted the 4 seed with 2 fewer games? They play and lose those two they’re 7th seed.
Because they had to play all 10 games with the Cubs in Chicago. :mad: The Cubs were 10 games above .500 when the Cards came back cold turkey from quarantine and finished 8 games over. What the Cards did was nothing short of amazing. Now Dakota Hudson needs TJ so that makes the 4th starter, the closer and two middle relievers out...🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦30th trip to the post season, I'm just content with that for once...

Last edited:
Because they had to play all 10 games with the Cubs in Chicago. :mad: The Cubs were 10 games above .500 when the Cards came back cold turkey from quarantine and finished 8 games over. What the Cards did was nothing short of amazing. Now Dakota Hudson needs TJ so that makes the 4th starter, the closer and two middle relievers out...🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦30th trop to the post season, just content with that for once...
Yeah but why are the Cardinals being gifted the 5 seed with 2 fewer games? They play and lose those two they’re 7th seed.

Edit to correct Cardinals at 5th seed instead of 4th. Point still stands.

Last edited:

Aren’t the Cardinals the 5 seed? I understand why the question exists, but they did end up playing on the road against the team with the second best record in the NL. Not sure seeding means much in this round except for playing at home (and avoiding the Dodgers).

Glad I'm off Wednesday and Thursday.....

Game 1 starts @ 1p CST on Wednesday (ESPN). Which seems smart... seeing as how the CIN@ATL game starts at 11a, also on ESPN. 😠

Are the WC games going to be on 'local' sports networks as well as national coverage, IE Marquee Sports for Cubs games? Gonna be real sh*tty if have to miss the first third or more of the game because the first game.

Not gonna lie, looking forward to 'wall to wall' playoff baseball on Wednesday. First pitch is 11a and last game of the day starts a 9p.

EDIT:
According to ESPN.com's schedule, Cubs are listed on ESPN, but MLB.com has them playing on ABC.

Last edited:
Last edited:
You're really gonna hate watching the Sox play through October while you wonder why your average players can't win a playoff series.
Lol at the idea of someone watching the White Sox. They might play but no one will bother to watch.

Nobody cried for us in 18 when we had to make up all those games and played like 30 games in 30 days in the dog days of August/sept while the brewers were off every Thursday. Still tied them and beat em head to head during season but the 1 gm tie breaker more important than 19 games I guess. Stupid.
We didn't get any 7 inning games either lol

Glad I'm off Wednesday and Thursday.....

Game 1 starts @ 1p CST on Wednesday (ESPN). Which seems smart... seeing as how the CIN@ATL game starts at 11a, also on ESPN. 😠

Are the WC games going to be on 'local' sports networks as well as national coverage, IE Marquee Sports for Cubs games? Gonna be real sh*tty if have to miss the first third or more of the game because the first game.

Not gonna lie, looking forward to 'wall to wall' playoff baseball on Wednesday. First pitch is 11a and last game of the day starts a 9p.

EDIT:
According to ESPN.com's schedule, Cubs are listed on ESPN, but MLB.com has them playing on ABC.
They better not, I plan to drop hulutv in a few days!!

Good get rid of it!

It will be interesting ... I understood the extra inning rule helping games end sooner this year. But, like the DH, will MLB decide to keep it? I assume the DH is here to stay.

And, what about the 3 batter rule for pitchers? Seems like there isn't much dissent on that either.

It will be interesting ... I understood the extra inning rule helping games end sooner this year. But, like the DH, will MLB decide to keep it? I assume the DH is here to stay.

And, what about the 3 batter rule for pitchers? Seems like there isn't much dissent on that either.
Runs/points are sexy these days so I wouldn't be surprised to see dh stay

Reactions: HawkRugged17
I prefer the normal extra innings rules - no runners to start the inning - but up to a point.

If its still tied after 14 or 15 innings, then institute the new 'last batter starts next offensive inning at 2B' rule; yes, even in the playoffs.

Man, it was weird not watching any baseball tonight.

Bring on the playoffs tomorrow, and especially Wednesday & Thursday!

Because they had to play all 10 games with the Cubs in Chicago. :mad: The Cubs were 10 games above .500 when the Cards came back cold turkey from quarantine and finished 8 games over. What the Cards did was nothing short of amazing. Now Dakota Hudson needs TJ so that makes the 4th starter, the closer and two middle relievers out...🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦30th trip to the post season, I'm just content with that for once...
Yes, playing barely over .500 ball over 2 months is nothing short of amazing for that washed up franchise. Why the hell should other teams be punished by having to play all those doubleheaders when it was their guys who were irresponsible? They should have had to forfeit. Or at least play those games out.....the reds got screwed. That's 4 of 5 seasons the Cubs ended regular season in or tied for first, I know that stings. Even this year's lackluster effort woulda equaled just under 92 wins.....better than STL's miracle 19. But I'm sure you pathetic cardhuskers will cling to the distant past, like always these days

I know I'm not Ross or involved in the Cubs organization, but I think I would have thrown Darvish in G1 and Hendricks in G2.

Will be the true definition of a "must win" if lose G1, and I feel better with Hendricks in a 'must win' situation, especially @ Wrigley - where he pitches best.

But - on the other hand - all the pressure will be on Miami if Hendricks and Cubs win tomorrow afternoon; with a short best-of-3, and having to face a true Cy Young candidate in a 'win or go home' contest the following day.

Playoff weather in Chicago has arrived. Mid 50s and showers today. That has to help Hendricks, right?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT