ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2023 thread*****

As long as the Cubs don’t approach this expecting a Belli discount, I think they’ll get a deal done.
I would like to see Belli get hot again. He is hitting .258 for September and only 8-44 in his last 12 games with 1 HR. If he can regain his stroke this week (and beyond) it would be a big plus for the Cubs.

Reactions: hawkifann
Well, the D'Backs got beat today by the Yanks. We are tied with them again, although they do own the tie breaker. They go to Chicago now to face the White Sox for 3.

The League did them a favor today, really. They were supposed to go to CWS for their first game of the series today but the NL let them stay in NY and push the SOX series back a day. That is completely the opposite of what they made the Cubs do in 2018 when they had to fly to WASH on a Thursday, in the middle of a Cubs homestand, and to play the Nationals in a make up game with a hurricane approaching. Seems like a double standard.

Reactions: noleclone2
Well, the D'Backs got beat today by the Yanks. We are tied with them again, although they do own the tie breaker. They go to Chicago now to face the White Sox for 3.

The League did them a favor today, really. They were supposed to go to CWS for their first game of the series today but the NL let them stay in NY and push the SOX series back a day. That is completely the opposite of what they made the Cubs do in 2018 when they had to fly to WASH on a Thursday, in the middle of a Cubs homestand, and to play the Nationals in a make up game with a hurricane approaching. Seems like a double standard.

Not sure, but I think the players union squawked about that 2018 game, and this time the union was consulted. Of course the D-Backs wanted to shuffle things to a less stressing travel day.

Not sure, but I think the players union squawked about that 2018 game, and this time the union was consulted. Of course the D-Backs wanted to shuffle things to a less stressing travel day.
Yeah, they would have had to play the CWS for 3 starting today, fly back to NYY for a game on Thursday, and then fly home for 3 with Houston starting Friday. They would have had a lot of time in the air for sure with no rest or off day.

I think no team is going to have to do what the Cubs did again unless there are just truly no other options.

Steele has scuffled a little in his last starts. The Cubs need him to come through bigly tonight.

Reactions: TheCainer
Look at David Ross going with what amounts to a defensive substitution in the 4th inning.

Steele has scuffled a little in his last starts. The Cubs need him to come through bigly tonight.
He didn't want to come out, did he? Game got a little tighter too. Looks like Reds and D'backs are going to win tonight. Gotta hang on.

Ouch that’s the worst loss of the year cause of how it happened, and at a bad time. Only thing I can hope for is end results of that play is like ‘98 Brant Brown drop (made playoffs). I’ll just keep telling myself that all I really hoped for this year was meaningful games in September

Look at David Ross going with what amounts to a defensive substitution in the 4th inning.
First sign Ross was overmanaging in this game. That was a bad move, especially when PCA got pantsed on 3B. That was a LL fake throw with arguably your hottest hitter up.

Reactions: lucas80
On a positive note, the Smokies won last night, and have claimed the Southern League title. So, there's that.

Reactions: hawkfan0319
Last night's game was on TBS but was blacked out. Why does MLB do this if you're trying to grow the game? Other than the complete implosion, that's my biggest gripe about last night.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Last night's game was on TBS but was blacked out. Why does MLB do this if you're trying to grow the game? Other than the complete implosion, that's my biggest gripe about last night.
It was on Marquee, don't you get Marquee?
But, you have a valid point about MLB in general and their insane blackout maps. Sadly I think their solution is going to be an expanded MLB network of some sort with even more complex streaming packages.

But, you have a valid point about MLB in general and their insane blackout maps. Sadly I think their solution is going to be an expanded MLB network of some sort with even more complex streaming packages.
I do not subscribe to Marquee, yet. Once we figure the degree in which to cut the cord (Dish) I'll sign up. I just find it funny you have a "Nationally Televised Game" yet you have black out rules. It's aggrevating.

Reactions: lucas80
I’m stuck listening to the Braves announcers because I’m in the blackout zone for Atlanta. It’s all about ad revenue on the RSNs, which pisses me off. I can live with Atlanta, as this is largely Braves country down here, but I’m also blacked out of Cincinnati, Baltimore and Washington (maybe Tampa, can’t remember).

I’m stuck listening to the Braves announcers because I’m in the blackout zone for Atlanta. It’s all about ad revenue on the RSNs, which pisses me off. I can live with Atlanta, as this is largely Braves country down here, but I’m also blacked out of Cincinnati, Baltimore and Washington (maybe Tampa, can’t remember).
MLB app gives you every game with the home and away broadcast crews. I forget what it costs, but it's cheap.

Reactions: EpenesaEpenesa
MLB app gives you every game with the home and away broadcast crews. I forget what it costs, but it's cheap.
I have the full MLB package. As long as the game doesn’t involve Braves, Os, Nats, Cincy, I can get every broadcast crew for every game. For those teams, I can get them on RSN, but not the MLB app.

I have the full MLB package. As long as the game doesn’t involve Braves, Os, Nats, Cincy, I can get every broadcast crew for every game. For those teams, I can get them on RSN, but not the MLB app.
To be clear, I meant the audio app. I love having a game on in the background as I work.

Reactions: hawkifann
On a positive note, the Smokies won last night, and have claimed the Southern League title. So, there's that.
rcls1hsxn11zuzrpz8lf.png

Reactions: hawkfan0319
To be clear, I meant the audio app. I love having a game on in the background as I work.
Ah, yes, I get all the audio feeds. Last night, I started the game about an hour late and wanted the complete experience, so I just watched the DVR recording from the start instead of starting the audio from the beginning.

You know what would be even better? Free audio of games on the MLB app.

What? Can't do that? Sure they can. The NHL app has free audio of the home and away broadcasts. Hockey games on the radio are awesome, BTW.

MLB squeezing every last penny out of its fans.

You know what would be even better? Free audio of games on the MLB app.

What? Can't do that? Sure they can. The NHL app has free audio of the home and away broadcasts. Hockey games on the radio are awesome, BTW.

MLB squeezing every last penny out of its fans.
As one who doesn’t really listen to much baseball as audio only, I think this is a great point. Audio should be free to all games, or at least free to all those games in your market.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT