ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2024 Thread đźš˝*****

Celebration Win GIF by Marquee Sports Network

Reactions: NewVicHawkeye
I couldn't watch the game, but I did see in the box score that Imanaga had 0 ground balls and 10 fly balls. That's not ideal when the wind is blowing out in July. Is he typically a fly ball pitcher or was that an anomaly?
He will adapt a bit. He is a flyball pitcher. I have been impressed so far with his ability to pound the bottom of the zone with his change up. He also shows the ability to strike out a lot of guys. He's going to be a solid #3 starter.

W.

Agree that Imanaga is going to need to adjust to pitching at Wrigley. Several fly outs today will be HRs in July and August when the ball starts carrying and the wind is blowing out.

Reactions: NewVicHawkeye
W.

Agree that Imanaga is going to need to adjust to pitching at Wrigley. Several fly outs today will be HRs in July and August when the ball starts carrying and the wind is blowing out.
It was his first start at Wrigley. I think he will learn to spot that fastball a little bit better. And, the ball flies out for both teams, so he just needs to manage things on days that favor the hitters. He really busted the bottom of the zone well today.

I couldn't watch the game, but I did see in the box score that Imanaga had 0 ground balls and 10 fly balls. That's not ideal when the wind is blowing out in July. Is he typically a fly ball pitcher or was that an anomaly?
He’s a fly ball pitcher. He’ll need to keep guys off the bases and just give up solo shots. That said, in Japan he gave up a lot of HRs but was still an elite pitcher overall and he also played in a bandbox, so hopefully a lot of popups and cans of corn.

I have made a few tongue in cheek comments about KB over the years, and I needled folks in the Cubs threads here about KB not caring. That being said, I really wonder about his decision to take the same or less money from the Rockies to join this horse s**t team.

I have made a few tongue in cheek comments about KB over the years, and I needled folks in the Cubs threads here about KB not caring. That being said, I really wonder about his decision to take the same or less money from the Rockies to join this horse s**t team.
Makes one wonder.

Oh, boy! Black needs to have his outfield coach get them working on the fundamentals. Two serious miscues in as many games have produced multiple runs for the Cubs.

Rocks are a shit show. They need to burn that franchise to the ground. Awesome ballpark though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT