ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2024 Thread 🚽*****

It's been updated now to 2 cracked ribs.🤪
Max Greenfield Reaction GIF by CBS

4-12 weeks from chatter. It's a broken bone after all, and it's in the ribs, so swinging a bat will be impossible for awhile, then a ramp up period of a few weeks.
We just can't have nice things.
It has to be a small fracture, since it was missed by X-ray but found with CT, that’s at least a hairline fracture of hope.

Reactions: MeetTheFerentzes
Couple things I'd like to see tomorrow against Verlander:

1) Morel needs the day off. The funk he's in just screams 0-3 with 3 K vs. JV. With the 16 straight days with a game, should get a day off at some point, anyway. Madrigal might have a better chance at making contact and he's been pretty solid offensively and defensively in his starts.

2) Mervis at 1B. He's not used to being the DH, so as hard of a time he's having hitting at this level, being out of his routine can't be helping much. Busch kinda had a tough-luck game in the field tonight, anyway. He could DH.

3) PCA start in CF

1) Morel needs the day off. The funk he's in just screams 0-3 with 3 K vs. JV. With the 16 straight days with a game, should get a day off at some point, anyway. Madrigal might have a better chance at making contact and he's been pretty solid offensively and defensively in his starts.

2) Mervis at 1B. He's not used to being the DH, so as hard of a time he's having hitting at this level, being out of his routine can't be helping much. Busch kinda had a tough-luck game in the field tonight, anyway. He could DH.

3) PCA start in CF
1. Agreed
2. Agreed, but one thing holding them back is they want Busch to gain confidence at 1B. Seems like he could DH some if they don’t want him to spell Morel at 3rd, or Nico at 2B some game.
3. Day game after a night game, so you will probably get your wish on PCA.

3) PCA start in CF
I am there with you on the first two for sure. I’m pretty ambivalent about #3. Fine if they do it, you won’t hear any complaint out of me, but I also don’t care if the roll with Tauch & Canario. Just don’t give me Wisdom against Verlander.

Reactions: lucas80
Here comes Neris again to protect a 2 run game. Astros' manager gets booted while talking to home plate ump for some reason.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT