ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2024 Thread đźš˝*****

If the team does the right thing and sends Alzolay to Iowa, I would hope that they will start putting Ben Brown in higher and higher leverage situations, with the intent that he would eventually take over closer duties.

Since his really rough debut against the Rangers, he has an ERA of 1.08 with a WHIP of 0.78, with 17K and only 4 walks in 16+ innings (and no HR allowed). He may still have a future as a starter, but I think the team needs him to step up and take that role. Definitely worth a try. Things really can't get much worse in that department, and it would be great if JH didn't have to trade away some of our prospects to stop the bleeding if we can do it in-house.

2-1 and poised to take the series 3-1, but that hinges on Kyle Hendricks finding his control…

Hendricks going to fock this up, isn’t he?

last chance (I hope)
Cubs are still the better team and have the better chance to win. Probably gonna need a little more offense than yesterday, though.

It will be interesting to see what happens when Steele is ready to come back. I’d have to think that Hendricks will be taking on a diminished role. I don’t see how the team can justify optioning Assad or even Wicks.

Between Hendricks, Smyly and Neris, the Cubs might have the most expensive set of middle relievers in history…

I would have liked to see Morel get a day off. Dude has 2 hits (both singles) in his last 10 games (.057 BA). Why he was moved into the #3 spot is a mystery.

You’d think it would be better to have a contact hitter like Madrigal in there against a strikeout pitcher. He’s also played well at 3B and has a hit in every game he’s started and had more than 2 AB.

Reactions: TheCainer
Hendricks going to fock this up, isn’t he?

last chance (I hope)
The most hopeful thing about Hendricks going today is that the Marlins are one of the most aggressive swinging teams in baseball, so if he can have any command early, he could get out to a quick start.

Reactions: RayRay3454
Emmanuel Rivera after Hoerner's RBI single:

QiOR4t9.jpg

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk
Another fail by Morel. Can't even get a sac fly

He is not seeing the ball well at all right now. Complained about a couple 2-seamers that were damn near center of the zone.

Someone really needs to work on plate discipline with him, or I fear he's the next Javy.

Not sure what they do with Hendricks but I don’t know if you can continue to start him. Any chance they move him to the BP? He seems to get through the lineup once decent.

Side note. Anyone sat in the Catalina Club before? Going to be in Chicago for work visits and a law firm I used to work with in my previous job is hosting in there and invited the wife and I to join May17th game against the Pirates. Can’t turn down feee food and beverages. Looks nice and depending on weather, appears to have seating inside and out

Reactions: ClarindaA's
I'd take a tiny bag of new baseballs for Hendricks at this point.

Between him and Alzolay, as someone mentioned above, its not totally unrealistic for the Cubs to be 18-3 right now if it weren't for those two - between the bad pitching & blown save opportunities.

going 2-2 against Marlins at home is major letdown

The Astros come to town losers of five of the last six games and what do you want bet they probably win the series against the Cubs

going 2-2 against Marlins at home is major letdown

The Astros come to town losers of five of the last six games and what do you want bet they probably win the series against the Cubs
I don't agree with this just simply because I actually like the Cubs' chances in most any game that Hendricks doesn't start.

Unless the opposing pitcher is also walking a bunch of guys and/or throwing even easier BP than him, any Hendricks start is pretty much a guaranteed L any more.

I'd take a tiny bag of new baseballs for Hendricks at this point.

Between him and Alzolay, as someone mentioned above, its not totally unrealistic for the Cubs to be 18-3 right now if it weren't for those two - between the bad pitching & blown save opportunities.
I think once Steele is back the FO has to take no prisoners when it comes to the rotation and pen.
If Busch proves to be a solid hitter the lineup is too good and the division is too weak to not take advantage of the window that's open this year. Hell even the Dodgers don't look all that scary this season

Just need to reach the postseason any more. Best/great season record notwithstanding.

Having the best record for nearly all season long doesn't mean squat in October. Just ask the aforementioned Dodgers and Braves of very recent past.

I think once Steele is back the FO has to take no prisoners when it comes to the rotation and pen.
If Busch proves to be a solid hitter the lineup is too good and the division is too weak to not take advantage of the window that's open this year. Hell even the Dodgers don't look all that scary this season
I keep reading/seeing people saying the division is weak, but that doesn't seem to be the case thus far.

Not sure what they do with Hendricks but I don’t know if you can continue to start him. Any chance they move him to the BP? He seems to get through the lineup once decent.
No help on the club, but I’ll give you 16 million reasons why KH doesn’t go to the pen. He’s been a starter and a finesse guy. He needs the long warm up, and at this point you can’t use him in a high leverage situation. So, all you’d have is a piggyback guy, or a blowout loss innings eater.

• Sad
$250,000 ($7.8 million today). Incredible that you could build cathedrals to baseball for so little money. Makes you wonder why we need billion dollar stadiums these days.

Would like to see something retro like this built today for cheap. I think it would be an awesome venue to watch a ball game.

00-stadium-1930view.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT