ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2024 Thread 🚽*****

I tried telling everyone for the past year the Cubs are going to be terrible with Seiya Suzuki and Ian Happ on the team. But everyone said I was an idiot. I’ve been right about everything except Shota Imanaga and he may be starting to fall apart. This Cubs team cares more about their social status in Chicago than playing baseball.

This rain is bizarre. There has been a band of rain about 2 miles wide hanging over Wrigley for 2 hours. Go about any direction and no rain.

3 weeks ago I felt confident this team would get right. Now I want them to trade Bellinger, Happ, etc. Add Alonso and one other stud in the offseason and buy a ****ing closer

Reactions: MuscoHawk
3 weeks ago I felt confident this team would get right. Now I want them to trade Bellinger, Happ, etc. Add Alonso and one other stud in the offseason and buy a ****ing closer

Same. I’m dangerously close to hoping for losses. We’re supposed to be at the competitive stage of the rebuild. This is very disappointing.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Normally you'd think a day off and then two games at home against the woeful White Sox would be a good thing, but at this point a split seems likely.

no Cubs loss today 😎

y1NaKJ.gif

What do you think the Cubs could get in return this year for Bellinger, Happ, Neris, etc? I know no trade classes would need waived

0.5 games out of the final wildcard spot. A lot of season left.
Seems like they can’t pitch when they hit, can’t hit when they pitch. I’m not throwing in the towel until the moisture of July. Having said that, there is potential to add prospects and get set for a big run

Seems like they can’t pitch when they hit, can’t hit when they pitch. I’m not throwing in the towel until the moisture of July. Having said that, there is potential to add prospects and get set for a big run
For all I know it could get worse & they end up being sellers at the deadline. But it’s currently way too early in the season to act like it’s over.

For all I know it could get worse & they end up being sellers at the deadline. But it’s currently way too early in the season to act like it’s over.
I keep thinking the averages will come up, Swanson and Bellinger will get hot. Just not as confident after the softer part of our schedule tore us up. Also, I would love prospects and Pete Alonso

Sox come to Wrigley losers of 11 straight

Predicted the next two games against them…

I’ll say 1-1

I think Imanaga gets his groove back tonight and Taillon gets rocked tomorrow

A positive vibe is that they do not need to trade for a SP. Wicks is coming back, and with Brown and Wesneski they can absorb an injury. They still have four relievers on the IL in Palencia, Thompson, Merryweather, and Brewer, so I don't see a need to force a trade at this point for bullpen help. I suppose that is always a possibility, and maybe you want a traditional closer, but it is not an imperative how Counsel manages.
They need some sticks, though. 1B and C are the most likely areas to improve with a trade.

Last edited:
For the crowd that wish the Cubs had spent more FA money this past offseason, who did they miss on? I will exclude Ohtani and Yamamoto, I don't think they were ever truly FAs. I post this because Blake Snell appears to be injured, and that's been the knock on him his entire career.
Would Chapman or Hoskins have been a good fit?

Cade Horton has a sprained muscle in his shoulder. Shut down for a month. Not ideal. I was hoping he just pulled something in his back.

Cade Horton has a sprained muscle in his shoulder. Shut down for a month. Not ideal. I was hoping he just pulled something in his back.
Well, technically a strained lat. Shoulder makes me think surgery.
Clearly this sets him waaaaay back for making it to Wrigly this year. No pitching for a month, and then a ramp up of 4 weeks or so, and then starts at AAA. At best he could some to Wrigley in late August or in September.

Last edited:
Well, technically a strange lat. Shoulder makes me think surgery.

I googled subscapularis muscle and it sure looks like the shoulder.

The subscapularis muscle is a large, triangular muscle that's part of the shoulder's rotator cuff. It's located under the scapula, or wingbone, which is where the name comes from, with "sub" meaning "under". The subscapularis muscle's main functions are to stabilize the shoulder joint and protect the front of the shoulder.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT