ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2024 Thread 🚽*****

Who says Morel doesn't have the glove to play 3rd? He's growing into the position. 3 outstanding plays at 3rd just this inning.

Reactions: hawkifann
Bullpen coming in to blow this game. Taillion pitched a gem but leaves a runner on 3rd.
Bullpen has been statistically elite over the last month. Sucked to give up the run tonight, but I thought Merryweather looked good even with the one single given up. Cubs weren’t going to win 0 to -1.

Reactions: TheCainer
this team won’t win shit until they fix the bottom of the order. Reminds me of a little league team, after the top 6 in the lineup it’s automatic outs.

Cubs pitching hasn’t been the problem in the last month, we can’t hit shit.

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk
this team won’t win shit until they fix the bottom of the order. Reminds me of a little league team, after the top 6 in the lineup it’s automatic outs.

Cubs pitching hasn’t been the problem in the last month, we can’t hit shit.

Yep, but just Bottom 3? It’s really bottom 4-5 - 4 guys at 217 or less; the 5th at 237.

That’s no bueno.

Seems like Smyly is the most valuable and likely player to trade? The money and contract are manageable. He would be a versatile addition to a staff.

Seems like Smyly is the most valuable and likely player to trade? The money and contract are manageable. He would be a versatile addition to a staff.
Yeah and I still think Taillon gets l mo bed for a better than average prospect

Let’s blame the bullpen for everything. But Happer and slanty eyes can do no wrong.
sneak attack wrestling GIF by WWE

Reactions: QChawks
If they get a really good price for Taillon, fine. I’m not opposed to trading him, but if the Cubs are going to compete next year, they’ll have to replace him in the offseason. The young pitchers haven’t been able to stay healthy, so none of them are guarantees and to get another Taillon in FA will cost more than Taillon. If they go after Corbin Burnes, fine, problem solved, but replacing Jamo won’t be as easy as I think some fans think it will be.

I am fine with them trading Taillon, but as Hawkifann mentioned Jed then has to replace a middle of the rotation starter, and he won't get one cheaper. Taillon's remaining 2 years are reasonable for a veteran FA. Jed would be relying on finding a reclamation arm, investing in an arm when the team needs bats, or hoping Brown/Hicks/Horton/Wesneski... are healthy.

If they get a really good price for Taillon, fine. I’m not opposed to trading him, but if the Cubs are going to compete next year, they’ll have to replace him in the offseason. The young pitchers haven’t been able to stay healthy, so none of them are guarantees and to get another Taillon in FA will cost more than Taillon. If they go after Corbin Burnes, fine, problem solved, but replacing Jamo won’t be as easy as I think some fans think it will be.
It won’t be easy as long as Happ and Suzuki are around.

Al Yellon speculated that Lopez is a sneaky good trading chip. I hadn't thought of him right away, but that does make sense. The Mets are paying his salary as it is, and he's been solid since he came over. I think the Mets screwed up in cutting him. He was having some tough family stuff and they should have worked with the union to give him some paid time off, something like going on the bereavement list.

I fully agree with this and posted it pages ago. Unless a team goes overboard with an offer that includes starting pitching really close to big league ready it's a no for me. You can't go into next season with Wicks, Brown, and Assad included in the rotation and think they will be healthy all year. With Wesneski not really taking a step forward and Horton hurt that's basically all the starters close to the bigs. Jaxson Wiggins is about the only other starter in the system that looks anything like a top 3 of the rotation arm and he's definitely not ready to be a full time starter in the bigs next year.

Reactions: hawkifann
I fully agree with this and posted it pages ago. Unless a team goes overboard with an offer that includes starting pitching really close to big league ready it's a no for me. You can't go into next season with Wicks, Brown, and Assad included in the rotation and think they will be healthy all year. With Wesneski not really taking a step forward and Horton hurt that's basically all the starters close to the bigs. Jaxson Wiggins is about the only other starter in the system that looks anything like a top 3 of the rotation arm and he's definitely not ready to be a full time starter in the bigs next year.
You can’t go into next season with Happ, Suzuki, Swanson and Moral on the roster.

Al Yellon speculated that Lopez is a sneaky good trading chip. I hadn't thought of him right away, but that does make sense. The Mets are paying his salary as it is, and he's been solid since he came over. I think the Mets screwed up in cutting him. He was having some tough family stuff and they should have worked with the union to give him some paid time off, something like going on the bereavement list.
Agreed….plus, they completely mishandled his “outburst” by not having proper translators present and putting him on the spot when English isn’t his best language to communicate a complex and emotional situation to the NY press who weren’t going to work with the nuance anyway.

I still heard someone say yesterday that “Jed has done nothing to improve this pen” (not here) when they’ve been one of the best statistically in baseball for a month plus and even at a time when trades weren’t really on the table, he was able to stabilize the pen with Lopez and Tyson Miller from outside the org. Cubs could potentially get solid return for both guys if they were to sell. Smyly will have good value also. I’ll be a little surprised if he’s NOT traded, as I think they’ll do a mixed buy/sell.

Everything you said is true, and yet 3 years ago we’d have said the same thing about Justin Steele. The Cubs do have a variety of good arms (some coming off injuries like Steele was post-COVID), so the depth of quality arms should definitely help. Kohl Franklin and Drew Gray could be two to watch rising up next year.

Reactions: darylhawk
They’re a disaster at the plate. Sat behind the plate, they’re completely ****ing lost up there

After today Happer and slanty eyes are going to lead the Cubs to the World Series after scoring two runs. Liberal Cubs fans think they’re just like Mantle and Maris.
You really are a sad, racist POS. Also, why are you bringing politics into a baseball thread.

He's a douche, just put him on ignore. Reporting it does no good as apparently the mods are cool with overt racism.

Might as well just pretend these losers don't exist so they can scream into the void of no one paying attention.
Who?

Reactions: like-woahh
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT