ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2024 Thread 🚽*****

Tinoco pitched four scoreless innings and gets DFA. While Happ, slanty eyes, and Mallory Swanson’s husband are still around.

He’s been in this country for three years now. Learn the language of the country you’re in or get the hell out. Slanty eyes thought he was going to come to the United States and be a big celebrity.
How do you know he doesn't speak English you racist POS? You ever think it might be easier to answer in his native language with less of a chance of mispeaking you simple minded moron?

Reactions: IANDFAN
How do you know he doesn't speak English you racist POS? You ever think it might be easier to answer in his native language with less of a chance of mispeaking you simple minded moron?
He’s not even trying to speak English. I would have more respect for him if he misspoke in English.

Jorge Lopez got DFA’d in large part because he had a terrible game, was really frustrated and the Mets didn’t support him with a translator and he gave an answer that was not properly put in context and made him look like a giant a-hole. I can speak passable Spanish for interacting with people in life, but if I had to give official quotes, I’m not sure how comfortable I’d have to be before I would skip having an interpreter available.

Interesting trade for the Cubs. Shows they believe in the next 3 years, as I believe Morel has a few extra years of control. Honestly not the type of trade i expected but don’t hate it. Assuming Happ or Hoerner arent traded, next years lineup is about set. Either Bellinger or PCA in CF. Think they with Amaya and in-house at C

Last edited:
Reactions: ClarindaA's
Interesting trade for the Cubs. Shows they believe in the next 3 years, as I believe Morel has a few extra years of control. Honestly not the type of trade i expected but don’t hate it. Assuming Happ or Hoerner arent traded, next years lineup is about set. Either Bellinger or PCA in CF. Think they with Amaya and in-house at C
I’m not sure they are done

I love this trade - don't think Morel will ever make enough contact.

If the Morel trade makes our 3B respectable, I am all for it. As someone said earlier, Morel has some Javy in him at the plate.

I’m not trying to transfer some of my angry about this season onto the Morel trade, but, I’m a little pissed off. Jed knew last November 3B was spotty, and never addressed the position. Now that the season is effectively over he addresses it? I didn’t want to part with Bigge, but I suppose they feel they have a bunch of throwers coming behind him.
I was a fan of Paredes before he was traded away.

I’m not trying to transfer some of my angry about this season onto the Morel trade, but, I’m a little pissed off. Jed knew last November 3B was spotty, and never addressed the position. Now that the season is effectively over he addresses it? I didn’t want to part with Bigge, but I suppose they feel they have a bunch of throwers coming behind him.
Jed took a gamble that either Morel, Wisdom or Madrigal would stick as the regular 3B or that Shaw would continue to shoot up the ranks. He even had Busch as a backup plan, but he has solidly taken over the 1B position now.

Interesting that TB would give up their All-Star 3B with multiple years of control when they're only 3 GB from the WC. I don't think we should look a gift horse in the mouth.

Bigge is a nice story, but I think his long-term value is questionable. Didn't mind giving him up.

Tough watching a likeable player like Morel go, but we all know this is a business. I think the Cubs will turn out to have the better end of this deal. It also puts less pressure on the organization to get Shaw or this new draftee from Florida St to develop faster than they want.

And I don't consider the season to be effectively over...

After this m, I agree they aren't done.
They will flip some relievers, maybe move Miller and Merryweather
Let's give the FO credit for not resigning Bryant, Baez, and for not paying Contreras a ton. I know Wilson is having a good year, but he wasn't worth what he wanted either. Other side of the coin is Dansby has been Heyward part 2

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk
Interesting that TB would give up their All-Star 3B with multiple years of control when they're only 3 GB from the WC. I don't think we should look a gift horse in the mouth.
Maybe Tampa knows something about the 3B they gave up that the Cubs don't know. Let's admit something here, the Tampa organization has been run a heck of a lot better than the Cubs organization for a while now, and we want to think that we got one over on them in this trade? No way. I can see this being yet another trade where the Cubs look like idiots in the long run. They see something in Morel that they are going to develop out of him. Kid is going to go on to become a perennial All-Star.

Reactions: kzoohawk80
Maybe Tampa knows something about the 3B they gave up that the Cubs don't know. Let's admit something here, the Tampa organization has been run a heck of a lot better than the Cubs organization for a while now, and we want to think that we got one over on them in this trade? No way. I can see this being yet another trade where the Cubs look like idiots in the long run. They see something in Morel that they are going to develop out of him. Kid is going to go on to become a perennial All-Star.
A lot of bold statements there that you just assume to be true.

Thought about driving down to KC tonight, love both teams, but **** the heat

It was like 82 degrees. Perfect weather for a night game. The crowd was a 50/50 split between Cubs and Royals fans, but the Cubs fans were LOUD.

I called this grand slam about 30 seconds before it happened. The Royals pulled Lugo, the Cubs pinch hit for PCA, and I had a feeling that Wisdom was due for one.

Morel's power is absorb and so is his bat speed, it's a risky move think they can fix his contact though

The Cubs are playing in the wrong league. They are 17-9 against the AL which is the highest winning percentage of any NL team against the AL.

Reactions: hawkirugged17
It was like 82 degrees. Perfect weather for a night game. The crowd was a 50/50 split between Cubs and Royals fans, but the Cubs fans were LOUD.

I called this grand slam about 30 seconds before it happened. The Royals pulled Lugo, the Cubs pinch hit for PCA, and I had a feeling that Wisdom was due for one.
Do you go to a lot or Royals games?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT