ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2024 Thread 🚽*****

train GIF

Jed assembling this line up.

I just checked, Leiter is under team control until 2027, and Miller until 2028. Hard to trade away useful, cheap arms that you have under control.
I still think Smyly is the most likely to go.

Reactions: darylhawk
For the Brewers that would be a good move. Snark aside about blowing saves, Neris is perfectly fine in the 7th and 8th innings.

Dansby Swanson might as well head to Paris for the next two weeks to watch his wife play soccer in the Olympics. He’s more worried about his wife winning a gold medal to improve their social status in Chicago than playing baseball.

For the Brewers that would be a good move. Snark aside about blowing saves, Neris is perfectly fine in the 7th and 8th innings.
Milner isn’t much of a downgrade from him. Plus, Devin Williams is due back next week. Doubtful they’ll be any move for a reliever.

Does it really matter who catches? None can hit.

Amaya has started to hit this month. He has a 7 game hitting steak in limited number of ABs and has his average up to .223 for the moment, which is a good 30 points higher than when he entered July. He has altered his swing and eliminated a leg kick which was giving him poor results.

Amaya Game Logs

How much does he have left on his deal?
I think he has 2-3 years left on it plus a no-trade clause that he would have to agree to waive.

MLB will be disappointed if he is traded, unless it's to the Dodgers, as I am sure they are going to be promoting the Cubs/Dodgers opening season series in Japan next year that will feature a lot of Japanese players on both teams.

I seriously wonder how many times in the history of MLB that a team has had 7 pitchers on the 60-day IL.
The Dodgers currently have 7 pitchers on the 60-day IL (Brasier, Brogdon, Gonsolin, Graterol, May, Sheehan, Yamamoto) and had 8 on the list until Kershaw came back. They also have two on the 15-day (Grove and Buehler). They also had Bobby Miller on the IL for the majority of the season.

Reactions: MeetTheFerentzes
The Dodgers currently have 7 pitchers on the 60-day IL (Brasier, Brogdon, Gonsolin, Graterol, May, Sheehan, Yamamoto) and had 8 on the list until Kershaw came back. They also have two on the 15-day (Grove and Buehler). They also had Bobby Miller on the IL for the majority of the season.

And Ohtani is not pitching yet. :)

Reactions: win1forthe
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT