ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2024 thread*****

Beavis And Butthead Comedy GIF by Paramount+

Cubs need to find a closer in the worst way.

JFC, Neris. Two straight walks to start the inning.
Counsell obviously isn't quite ready to put in Brown, Little or Thompson in for high-leverage save opportunities yet. I'm hoping that Brown eventually takes over that spot and the team doesn't need to deal high-level prospects for a closer.

Reactions: lucas80
Counsell obviously isn't quite ready to put in Brown, Little or Thompson in for high-leverage save opportunities yet. I'm hoping that Brown eventually takes over that spot and the team doesn't need to deal high-level prospects for a closer.
One thing I have repeatedly said is the organization is starting to push arms through the system. Some home grown, some acquired via trade, but at least young arms are impacting. One important side benefit is that Jed has enough money left over to add an impact arm if needed. The season is young, but he will have that option.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
I think Busch is the next regular who needs a day off. Hitting .148 since his 5-HR streak, with 14 K in 7 games. Give Mervis that start at 1B I've been pushing for, and give Wisdom a chance to try to launch one over the Green Monster.

Reactions: TheCainer
Amazing to me the types of state that can be found these days.
Then you and @TheCainer will be interested to know that when Ian Happ was hit by a pitch yesterday he was the 2000th Cub to be get plunked by a pitch.
Al Yellon of BCB has a book coming out soon titled Chicago Cubs Firsts: The Players, Moments And Records That Were First In Team History. It's being released in June. Order now.
He can be a little prickly and pedantic, but he's a committed fan and possesses a wealth of knowledge. I chatted with him for a bit at a ST game this year. I usually try and say high whenever I sit in the bleachers at Wrigley. He's always in the same exact spot in the LF bleachers.

Not hard to see why Boston is ranked 30th in MLB fielding percentage.:D
This, but the Cubs have made some bad errors tonight, too. Swanson's error was terrible, and it's been a pattern so far this season.
Nice that they've busted this thing wide open to lighten the load on the pen.

This, but the Cubs have made some bad errors tonight, too. Swanson's error was terrible, and it's been a pattern so far this season.
Nice that they've busted this thing wide open to lighten the load on the pen.
Swanson sometimes just seems to lob the ball to first. I realize not everyone has a Shawon Dunston arm, but it looks like Swanson has a below average arm for MLB.

Reactions: lucas80
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT