ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2024 thread*****

SAVE-O-METER and BLOWN-SAVE-O-METER all knotted up at 16!

Only the dreadful Marlins and White Sox are worse at saving games...

I am not a stat weirdo @hawkifann but, I imagine their barrel rate sucks. BAPIP supposedly indicates Cubs hitters are excessively unlucky this year. IDK, I just see what I see. No power. Not enough homers, and not enough shots into the gaps or down the line for doubles.
Tauchman is the DH tonight. Why?
I’m a stat weirdo, but this year’s stats are just weird. Many other things coming into play like batted bal patterns, playing while hurt, etc.

Reactions: lucas80
What a ridiculous waste of a damn good starting rotation. If they don't rally for a postseason berth Jed should be gone

Crazily, the Cubs are 2 games out of a wildcard spot, with 7 teams (Reds, Mets, Pirates, Diamondbacks, Padres, Nationals, and Giants) to jump to get to Cardinals or Braves. The NL is the land of mediocrity. :)

Jed owes it to the team to make some changes. All team sports are the same, you take the good and the bad as a team. You lift up a teammate who hits a tough patch and work through things. This isn't that, anymore. Jed needs to find arms that work. Wesneski has been terrible for 2 weeks. Send him back to AAA. There are 4 guys on the 40 man roster in Des Moines with options, I think, and Jorge Lopez is lurking around somewhere, probably Arizona. He hasn't pitched in 2 weeks, so he needs a few days, but it is high time to make changes.

I'm going to the I-Cubs game in Indianapolis on Wednesday. I was kind of hoping to see him play there but if he's called up, the better for him. Sounds like I might get to see Ballesteros play though since he was just promoted.
I have a thing for Ballesteros. I don't know if he can hit enough for power to be a DH, or if they can make him passable enough to be even a part time catcher, but, that bat...
He's 20 years old and just rakes.

I have a thing for Ballesteros. I don't know if he can hit enough for power to be a DH, or if they can make him passable enough to be even a part time catcher, but, that bat...
He's 20 years old and just rakes.
Yeah, his defensive position is a mystery, if he even has one. Catcher sounds like the best possibility but even that doesn't sound promising. I think he is only 5'-8" so 1B is probably out of the question too.

Even if they convert 2/3 of those, they are sitting at 44-28 right now and would be in 1st place in the division. 🤬
This is just amazing to me. What a different feel this place would have and what a different view of this team we would have if there was a legit closer on this team that was only successful 66% of the time. 66% is not asking too much. In fact, the league average at this time is a 63% save rate. So, we're just asking to be barely above average, kind of like Iowa football on offense.

Team Relief Pitching

Reactions: ClarindaA's
This is just amazing to me. What a different feel this place would have and what a different view of this team we would have if there was a legit closer on this team that was only successful 66% of the time. 66% is not asking too much. In fact, the league average at this time is a 63% save rate. So, we're just asking to be barely above average, kind of like Iowa football on offense.

Team Relief Pitching
Average. That's all we are asking for is average. And yes l, it sound much like the Iowa offense.

Sucks Modern Life GIF by FOREAL

It’s been reported that he wasn’t just released. He had an opt-out in his contract and took it, so the Cubs granted him the release. Subtle, but important difference.

Also Mastrobuoni back up with the big club with Tauchman to the IL with a groin injury that’s expected to have him out for a month.

Help has arrived! :)

It’s been reported that he wasn’t just released. He had an opt-out in his contract and took it, so the Cubs granted him the release. Subtle, but important difference.

Also Mastrobuoni back up with the big club with Tauchman to the IL with a groin injury that’s expected to have him out for a month.
I was going to give you a like, then you had to add the second paragraph.

So, you get this.
Season 2 Ball GIF by Leroy Patterson

It's crazy how I thought one of Counsell's biggest strengths when he managed the Brewers was bullpen management. Meanwhile the Brewers have the 2nd fewest innings from their starters in mlb(last I checked), haven't had Devin Williams all year, & the bp still hasn't missed a beat. Weird coincidence, dumb luck, differing organizational philosophies? I'm honestly not sure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT