ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2024 thread*****

Maybe we all need to talk shit about Happ every day, as I seemingly performed the reverse jinx and I think maybe Torbee and QCHawks did the same about a month ago last time he hit a homer

Reactions: lucas80
CSB, if you were listening to the pregame coverage of Friday's game on the Score from Gallagher Way, Laila Rahimi spotted actor Ben Schwartz walking around and stalked him down to get him on the air. Hey's a Bronx native and Yankees fan, but the point is, Wrigley is a draw even when the team sucks. So, fingers crossed Jed figures some things out, because the team is printing money for the Ricketts family.

Imanaga has been a revelation. We can question if he should be in the running for rookie of the year at his age and experience, but he's performing like one.

Last edited:
Imanaga has been a revelation. We can question if he should be in the running for rookie of the year at his age and experience, but he's perfuming like one.
Hungry Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

Hopefully a call up and not an injury!
As Al Yellon always posts on BCB, “We await developments”. It was a curious move with no apparent injury. Getting him out early allows him to get to Chicago for a 12:05 game on Sunday. But, who would he replace? Bote? PCA? Is there an injury that we didn’t hear about today?
If he is coming up PLAY HIM!!!

Reactions: kzoohawk80
General baseball question: is it my imagination or does it seem like hitters are using cricket swing techniques on occasion?

The Myrtle Beach Pelicans just scored 5 runs in an inning without getting a single hit. An HBP, 4 walks, and then the LF dropping an easy fly ball that cleared the bases with 2 outs.

Looks like the strategy of scoring runs without any RISP hits must be a new coaching philosophy throughout the Cubs system. 🤣

I watched the last 2-3 innings of the Yankees/Red Sox game tonight and swear I saw more line drives than I have seen in the past week of Cubs games.

Is that indicative of a larger Cubs problem?

Reactions: lucas80
I watched the last 2-3 innings of the Yankees/Red Sox game tonight and swear I saw more line drives than I have seen in the past week of Cubs games.

Is that indicative of a larger Cubs problem?
I am not a stat weirdo @hawkifann but, I imagine their barrel rate sucks. BAPIP supposedly indicates Cubs hitters are excessively unlucky this year. IDK, I just see what I see. No power. Not enough homers, and not enough shots into the gaps or down the line for doubles.
Tauchman is the DH tonight. Why?

Reactions: TheCainer
Don’t forget learn to play defense and have a real bullpen!
Has the bullpen as a hole been bad? They have been wretched when it comes to closing, but once things settles in the bullpen overall seems to be solid. Losing Merryweather was tough, and I suspect they were just hoping and praying that Alzolay wasn't seriously injured versus having a solid back up plan. Neris is a 7-8 inning guy, not a closer.

Has the bullpen as a hole been bad? They have been wretched when it comes to closing, but once things settles in the bullpen overall seems to be solid. Losing Merryweather was tough, and I suspect they were just hoping and praying that Alzolay wasn't seriously injured versus having a solid back up plan. Neris is a 7-8 inning guy, not a closer.
Yes, the bullpen has been a hole.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Nothing. Today is the traditional off day for the minors, so maybe tomorrow?
I'm going to the I-Cubs game in Indianapolis on Wednesday. I was kind of hoping to see him play there but if he's called up, the better for him. Sounds like I might get to see Ballesteros play though since he was just promoted.

Reactions: darylhawk
And Cassie! For some reason I think he will be the best of our position prospects (probably just blind optimism which is obviously a requirement for being a Cubs fan).

Edit as I wanted to quote @TheCainer going to see the ICubs

Reactions: TheCainer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT