ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2024 thread*****

I was going to give you a like, then you had to add the second paragraph.

So, you get this.
Season 2 Ball GIF by Leroy Patterson
Deep down in places you don’t about at parties you love Miles Mastrobuoni. You NEED Miles Mastrobuoni.

Cubs win a game!

Immediately start Kyle Hendricks

Winning streak is ended
Was it last year or 2 years ago Kyle took a no-hitter, IIRC, into the 8th inning at SF?

This year, one can just throw out the stats from the window it seems. Maybe Kyle has a little magic left in him?

Who knows?

Deep down in places you don’t about at parties you love Miles Mastrobuoni. You NEED Miles Mastrobuoni.
I’m not sure which stat I like best about MM…is it his 5 hits this year…or his .125 slugging percentage…or his ops+ of 8. Just what the dr ordered.
Maybe if B. Davis and A. Canario would stop getting hurt, they might actually get a chance to have an impact in the Major Leagues instead of being the next can't-miss guy that never pans out. It's not like this team has no need for an outfielder who can hit.

JFC. There was a time when Leiter was the only guy in the bullpen worth a sh*t. Now he's total garbage, also. ERA almost 8 since the beginning of May.

• Sad
Reactions: TheCainer
JFC. There was a time when Leiter was the only guy in the bullpen worth a sh*t. Now he's total garbage, also. ERA almost 8 since the beginning of May.
When he has the split splitting, he’s elite. When he doesn’t he’s a fringe MLB pitcher. Also, I don’t love him in clean innings. I prefer him coming into a mess and getting out of it, that’s when he’s at his best.

Oh, man. Cubs have to throw a guy out there that they picked up off the trash heap to desperately save this game.

SAVE-O-METER takes a commanding 18-16 lead over the BLOWN-SAVE-O-METER.

This is a team with a $225M payroll we're talking about. The $101M Orioles have a bullpen that puts the Cubs' to shame.

They have a trash bullpen.

Not to pile on, but has PCA done anything in his short MLB career?

Oh, man. Cubs have to throw a guy out there that they picked up off the trash heap to desperately save this game.

SAVE-O-METER takes a commanding 18-16 lead over the BLOWN-SAVE-O-METER.

This is a team with a $225M payroll we're talking about. The $101M Orioles have a bullpen that puts the Cubs' to shame.

Headed by ... Craig Kimbrel with 16 saves! :)

36GNP7RYN5AKTIITUWBLMEQMFA.jpg

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Changes had to be made. They could have parted ways with either catcher, or both. Jed decided to go with the younger guy they’ve invested 7-8 years into. And, it was probably the right call on Gomes over Amaya. Someone would have snapped up Amaya. Gomes is probably done for the year. He’ll have to take a non roster invitee deal next Spring if he doesn’t retire.

Just got back from the I-Cubs tonight. They lost 2-0 to Indianapolis with both runs scoring on an error and a WP in the 8th. Arias pitched the 8th giving up a leadoff 2B with the runner thrown out trying to stretch it into a 3B. The next batter singled to RF which would have scored the leadoff 2B had he not stretched it to third. Next batter walked, 1st and 2nd now with one out. Next batter hit a sharp grounder to SS who flipped it to 2B for a force and the 2B dropped the ball while transferring it to his throwing hand and it rolled toward CF while the runner from second,now on 3B, raced home with the first run, and after another hit, the second run scored on a WP from Arias. The Cubs loaded the bases with nobody out in the 5th with hitters 2, 3, and 4 due up. Vazquez hit a hard ground ball to SS who got the force out at home, then Cassie struck out, and finally Canario hit a hard ground ball to 3B who threw the batter out at first. Not much offense except for Ballasteros who had 3 singles, 2 hard smashes through the right side of the infield plus a flare single to right-center. He also played catcher and threw out a base stealer at second. Caissie had no hits and dropped a fly ball on the warning track on a hard hit ball he did corral after a good run. No runs resulted from that though. Team had 7 hits total. SP McGowin pitched 5 scoreless innings giving up 5 hits, no walks, and 7 KS. Looked pretty good overall.

I’m not a player development pro, but it irritates me that Shaw is playing 1/3 of his games at 2B. I don’t care for position flexibility when he has 3B power and the team has a glaring hole at 3B. Worst case he slides to 2B for some reason later on. Every rep should be at 3rd for now.
I have a sneaky feeling that Nico Hoerner gets traded before next Opening Day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT