ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2024 thread*****

Jed should see if he can buy Fairbanks before the plane takes off to come back to Chicago.

Most of the position players are why this offense is garbage so they can't say much
I was just comparing last year's to this year's offense. Last year, the Cubs had 24 games where they scored 10 or more runs, about 1 every 6 or 7 games on average. This year so far the Cubs have had 2 games of 10 or more runs, both in the first half of April, and they lost one of those 2 games.

Bullpen dumpster fire as usual. Leiter is trash when he doesn’t have his splitter
Can't he or the BP coach tell whether he has it while warming up? If so, warm someone else up if he doesn't. Or, is it more complicated than that?

Can't he or the BP coach tell whether he has it while warming up? If so, warm someone else up if he doesn't. Or, is it more complicated than that?
If you listen to pitchers talk they'll tell you that some days they'll feel great in the pen, and then suck on the mound. Some days it's the opposite. Warming up they have nothing, but when they get to the mound they just find their pitches.

The 9th place hitter, batting .100, hits it out for his first HR of the season, on a day when the wind is howling in.

That seems so appropriate.

I think it was Al Weis, a light hitting SS for the Mets in 1969 that did the same thing in a critical late season game.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, I looked up that Mets game and realized then that Weiss not only homered in that game, but he also homered against the Cubs the next day too. The Mets won both games and those were the only 2 HRs that Weiss hit that year as the Mets won both games.

I guess the Cubs shouldn't pitch against Pages tomorrow.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: hawkirugged17
Another 1 run loss

the office hate GIF

The worst part about this team is they are technically built to win now with the group here, so the "loaded" farm system is basically all blocked. Maybe if we do tank someone takes Happ off our hands and we can at least get 1 of the youngsters to play every day. Can't be any worse than this

The worst part about this team is they are technically built to win now with the group here, so the "loaded" farm system is basically all blocked. Maybe if we do tank someone takes Happ off our hands and we can at least get 1 of the youngsters to play every day. Can't be any worse than this
There was an article in The Athletic talking about every team's trade line possibilities and Happ was mentioned as a possible trade piece for Atlanta. Of course it was all speculation.

Reactions: darylhawk
They are getting very close to just having to play the prospects right now and bench Happ. Not sure why PCA isn't starting every day in CF right now.

They are getting very close to just having to play the prospects right now and bench Happ. Not sure why PCA isn't starting every day in CF right now.
Definitely. I’m not trying to hate on Happ as he’s been consistently good (never great) until this year and I do think he’ll be above average the rest of the year. BUT Happ is signed for 2 more years and 4 of our 5 best position prospects are outfielders. That isn’t even including Brennan Davis who was our #1 two years ago and is still young and hopefully healthy again

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT