ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2024 Thread 🚽*****

Where the F have these guys been? 5-0 and Swanson hasn’t sucked for 2 games in a row.
When the game started tonight, our bottom 5 hitters had a collective batting average of about .200.

Go figure.

I guess we are better without Bellinger...

Is This Real Life David After Dentist GIF

It is, but heard today that the Cubs might be willing to kick in some money in a deal. There are quite a few teams interested.
So, Jed would be paying yet one more guy to not play in Chicago. Sweet.
I'm not opposed to a deal, I'm just saying it's going to be hard to make a deal that has variables in the player's contract over the next two off seasons.

So, Jed would be paying yet one more guy to not play in Chicago. Sweet.
I'm not opposed to a deal, I'm just saying it's going to be hard to make a deal that has variables in the player's contract over the next two off seasons.
If he is going to produce like this in the future, it might be worth it to kick in some $ instead of paying $27 millionish.

Who are you replacing him with? The vaunted AAA OF depth has been injured to the point that Miles Mastroboner is a legit OF option until Bellinger returns.
In fairness, they just got caught yesterday with Seiya DHing. They’ve now called up Canario, so if he can actually play D, they’re ok. If he can’t, then that’s an issue and maybe it’ll be time to make another move.

Robin Williams Cleaning GIF by Hollywood Suite

I never figured the series with the Orioles on the road would end like this.
Now we just need Kyle Hendricks to be lights out for 7 innings against the Cardinals tonight.

Reactions: hawkifann
I saw in the box score that Little pitched 0.0 innings with now stats? Did he get injured warming up?

I thought shoulder immediately because of the way he hung his arm and while there are plenty of potentially bad options with a shoulder, I was happy that it wasn’t an elbow.
Yeah hopefully it's not the major kind of shoulder injury and he can make it back this year. Certainly has dominant stuff, and although he has control/consistency issues he has mostly been really good lately.

I don't like the way this game is trending. We don't have enough good BP pitchers left to match the number of outs remaining.😵‍💫

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT