ADVERTISEMENT

****Official DeSantis/Newsom Debate Thread****

Newsom and Whitmer are both awful lol Newsom will get eaten alive. He's slimey, barely likeable in general and his record is abysmal. He's failed on dealing with homelessness, drug abuse and pretty much every other topic. His state has seen more than a million people leave in recent years for a reason and yes, there is in fact an app that tracks piles of shit on the streets and the whole map is nearly black. Thankfully he did clean up when his boss from China came into town. Absolute fail by Newsom tonight and during his entire time as governor.

Newsome is the Ramaswamy of the Dems. Thinks he’s smarter than everyone else and is slimy and off putting. Reminds me of a slick used car salesman or a maybe more accurately, the universal life insurance salesman that finally convinced you to come into his office and it’s only then you realize he’s not gonna stop talking until you buy what he’s selling.
Just about every word you typed could be for DeSantis as well. Except not as slick.

Reactions: tumorboy
Going to disagree with Trump’s mind is better. Lives in a reality distortion field and expects everyone to cater to it. That’s mentally fudging bad. He will surround himself with even worse yes people this time around. Might even put some guys in the Pentagon that will follow his orders to the letter in charge. Which would be declaring Marshall Law against groups of peers who upset him. Assassinating dictators or heck invading Mexico.
Agree to disagree. I see what you mean as far as beliefs but Biden is barely above drooling at this point. He can barely finish sentences Trump is an idiot but he can atleast speak.

I don't know how you can look at San Fransico, and the amount of time Newsome has had to change that specific city, and think you want any part of that for main street America.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
Now poop apps are considered factual data according to republicans.
Gavin destroyed DeSantis. Just telling him right to his face, ‘you’ll be dropping out and endorsing Trump in just a few weeks’.
Destroyed him like telling him his father in law said he was a better governor than his son in law?

What facts would you point at to say "destroyed"?

if u call blubbering a bunch of insults and one liners speaking. Haven’t heard anything that requires some actual thought or reasoning.
That's fair, but he can atleast get through the words of the sentences and that's what we were talking about.

Trumps an idiot. Biden is losing his mind. (Imo)

That's fair, but he can atleast get through the words of the sentences and that's what we were talking about.

Trumps an idiot. Biden is losing his mind. (Imo)
I’ll take the cognitive decline geezer over the guy who doesn’t live in reality. Whatever reality feels serves him best or his impulses he’ll try his damnest to accomplish. Since his own party has no balls. He just can’t be trusted to be reigned in anymore.
in a perfect world it would be Chris Sunnunu vs Whitmer. Two folks with opposing views. Still in their primes and can be trusted with doing what they feel is best for the country. Not what’s best for themselves first and foremost.

It's fun reading through this and seeing the complete desperation whiskey delta Dumbass is exhibiting.
It's even funnier knowing you don't have the ability to think for yourself and articulate your thoughts during the event.

Now what youre going to see are a bunch of small brain lemmings posting twitter shit in an attempted to feel validated because they are not smart enough to watch something and think for themselves.

Hort 101

Last edited:
I don't know how you can look at San Fransico, and the amount of time Newsome has had to change that specific city, and think you want any part of that for main street America.
A video of these towns is the commercial for republicans that wrote itself.

My wife wanted to leave the instant we got to SF. She saw a break in smash and grab feet from our car and was done. No one wants that sort of governance for America. No matter how much Slick Gavin tells you otherwise. Running on Californias record isn’t gonna work for flyover country.

I’ll take the cognitive decline geezer over the guy who doesn’t live in reality. Whatever reality feels serves him best or his impulses he’ll try his damnest to accomplish. Since his own party has no balls. He just can’t be trusted to be reigned in anymore.
in a perfect world it would be Chris Sunnunu vs Whitmer. Two folks with opposing views. Still in their primes and can be trusted with doing what they feel is best for the country. Not what’s best for themselves first and foremost.
Whitmer? Oh my. She’s second only to Harris as the worst possible candidate for President. She’s the lefts Palin. I’d walk the streets of my city everyday to canvas for votes for Republicans to keep her out of office. She’s horrible.

It's fun reading through this and seeing the complete desperation whiskey delta Dumbass is exhibiting.
Don’t you have some laugh emojis to hand out? The adults are talking. Have a seat at the kids table until it’s time for the dishes to be done and we will call you then.

It's even funnier knowing you don't have the ability to think for yourself and articulate your thoughts during the event.

Now what youre going to see are a bunch of small brain lemmings posting twitter shit in an attempted to feel validated because they are not smart enough to watch something and think for themselves.

Hort 101
You're such a dumbass. I posted about what I saw - you flailing yet again. I didn't watch the debate and have no opinion on that.

You are such an insecure loser. It's hilarious.

justin-trudeau-053444248-16x9-1.jpg

If lying and dodging questions is your thing then of course you thought Gavin won, those of us who watched the debate saw Desantis come with facts and Gavin not answering the questions and lying to get his point across

He absolutely did not say that. He said he would trust the mother and her doctor in extreme situations.
He actually avoided answering the question directly, he's a good politician that way. He avoided answering the questions the entire time.

His major victories as a candidate was beating a washed up Charlie Criss and a Crackhead.
The best candidates the democrats had to offer. Yikes perhaps a good idea to try some introspection and wonder how they were the best candidates the dems could muster?

Also not sure wtf DeSantis was thinking by agreeing to this. You’re basically admitting you’re not a threat to the front runner when you’re debating someone not even in the race.
Because Trump is too big of a pussy to get on stage against RDS or anyone. He will be exposed.

Destroyed him like telling him his father in law said he was a better governor than his son in law?

What facts would you point at to say "destroyed"?
That part was awesome, and all slimey Newsome could do was smirk. He had no answers for anything tonight just spin. He spent the night defending Biden/Harris and deflecting about California

• Haha
Reactions: HawkMD
Didn't watch; had a migraine last night and had forgotten about this anyway. BUT…..
For those asking “why have this matchup?” I'd offer a few reasons / suspicions:

1. Create some gravitas for Newsom on the national stage, whether that is for 2028 presidential run or a fall back position for 2028 (eg. VP switch; last minute switch for JB in case something happens with him).

2. Remove RDS from contention. I suspect dems view RDS as a potentially greater threat in general election and certainly every bit as bad for the country as Trump, if elected.

3. Playing the odds. Dems probably think Trump is either sidelined by his current legal entanglements or weakened enough to defeat in general election. This puts RDS in the crosshairs as the next most viable candidate, so weakening him (on Fox no less) serves at least two purposes: tear down RDS and create disarray in the GQP.

4. Altruism (on my part) - #1 thru #3 could conceivably bring about a Haley candidacy (but a real longshot given current MAGA influence), which is not a race that JB can win, IMO. In that case, there's a couple options:

A) JB decides to step aside for health reasons, and clears a path for a Newsom or a Whitmer candidacy (I wonder if we'll see some headlines for Gretchen in the near future?); or

B) just run JB and hope for the best, knowing that Haley doesn't pose the same existential risk to the nation that TRUMP and RDS do.

I'm personally getting a kick out of the unbiased moderator, Hannity.

Hannity: "Governor Newsome, why do you love murderers?"

Hannity: "Governor Desantis, tell us what you love about babies."
Hannity is awful. He was awful last night as well. The format of these debates just suck. If you can't ask a question in one sentence then your framing it to fit your opinion and at that point it's not really a question.

If you like RDS, he kicked Gavin's tail. If you like Newsome or don't like RDS then you think he kicked tail.

I thought the topics being that this was on Fox News and moderated by Hannity certainly favored RDS. All the graphics favored RDS. This thing was Tee'd up for him. At times I thought RDS knocked it out of the park, and other times I thought Gavin made points that would resonate with democrats.

It was halfway decently moderated, but when there's only 2 people debating, it's easier to manage than when there's a stage full of people.

Gavin told tales about how Covid was managed by RDS here in Florida, and deflected on a lot of answers. Neither really gave answers about abortion. When RDS was able to feed off the graphics and stats provided by Hannity/Fox he was at his best. When Gavin was able to make things emotional or virtue signal to POC or Women he won more points.

GN was the visiting team, and he held is own. You can tell he's a seasoned politician. Neither did anything to hurt themselves but I did feel like RDS did slightly better than Gavin.

I'd grade RDS with a B+, and Newsome with a B. RDS pulled out the win, but it was entertaining and close throughout.

If I could afford it I would live in SF in a heart beat

A friend moved to the Bay Area from Orlando because he has a thing for Asian chicks. He lives a few blocks from downtown Walnut Creek which is east of Oakland. He can walk for pretty much everything he needs and is loving life.

WDT’s meltdown in this thread has been both epic and telling. Meatball got absolutely demolished last night.

Hope he and Casey can make the donor money last for a while. High end hotels and private jets are pricey and not many new dollars will be coming in.

Last edited:
The best candidates the democrats had to offer. Yikes perhaps a good idea to try some introspection and wonder how they were the best candidates the dems could muster?
Florida DNC is a shit show. One last thing about Trump’s mental fitness. About a year after my first surgery I still had some hearing left but had to use a hearing aid. During Thanksgiving my sister set me nearby her mother in law. She would chatter non stop about someone long dead over everyone’s conversations. With my hearing aid I couldn’t pick up anything else but her continued noise.
Nobody would do the proper thing and tell her to keep quiet or stick her in a room by herself. That’s Trump. Eventually Trump had to stick his father Fred in an office by himself and his briefcase of important papers. Trump was doing this but it was classified truckloads of documents. Then blabbing about them to whomever.

Whitmer? Oh my. She’s second only to Harris as the worst possible candidate for President. She’s the lefts Palin. I’d walk the streets of my city everyday to canvas for votes for Republicans to keep her out of office. She’s horrible.
You’re a hard right conservative. If u don’t like her it’s a plus in her column. I’m an old Jim Leech republican. I remember when Bob Dole was considered hard right. Now he’d be a Rino, because he’d dare to make some deals and criticize a republican president no matter how beloved he was by the base.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT