ADVERTISEMENT

****Official DeSantis/Newsom Debate Thread****

lol it’s mind blowing that people out there think Ronnie has what it takes to become POTUS. He’s a little weird ****ing guy.

So many GQPs, in my orbit and there are many, were so excited about Meatball. They pretty much all said that he’s TRUMP without the baggage.

What’s truly perplexing are the GrOuPies who think he still has a chance. Most of the ones I know won’t acknowledge that they previously supported him.

So many GQPs, in my orbit and there are many, were so excited about Meatball. They pretty much all said that he’s TRUMP without the baggage.

What’s truly perplexing are the GrOuPies who think he still has a chance. Most of the ones I know won’t acknowledge that they previously supported him.
His facial expressions, demeanor, everything, reminds me of some sort of political AI bot that’s been created. He’s ****ing weird.

lol it’s mind blowing that people out there think Ronnie has what it takes to become POTUS. He’s a little weird ****ing guy.

Agreed.

Thats why it's odd Newsome took the debate, he basically put himself on the JV circuit for this election. Storm and I touched on it last night but he has got to be playing for 2028 at this point.

Which is so weird because, who the hell are the dems going to run in 2024? If it's Biden, we are going to end up with Trump. Trump has the highest floor/lowest ceiling of any candidate I have knowledge of. His base is going to vote for him, in order to beat him someone has to be able to pull from a larger spectrum and Joe isn't gonna cut it.

Reactions: McLovin32
His facial expressions, demeanor, everything, reminds me of some sort of political AI bot that’s been created. He’s ****ing weird.

The permanent frown is who he really is. Several years ago I posted on here that Tater Tot reminded me of heads of state in former Soviet bloc countries. Those guys typically had zero warmth and reveled in making people miserable.

See a video of the guy who replaced Yeltsin in the Russian coup that lasted a few days. He was the prototype for Tater Tot.

Question to Democrats would you rather have Newsom or Biden at the top of the ticket?

I wish that with all of my heart, and especially so because it would mean Trump would not have a prayer of winning next year.

However, there is no doubt, that if Newsom were the Democratic candidate people like you would be telling us you don't want to vote for Trump, but that Newsom is the ONE candidate that you cannot vote for. Just like Biden was the ONE candidate you could not vote for, and Hillary was the ONE candidate you could not vote for.

Whoever the Dems nominate will be the ONE candidate that will force you to vote for Trump.

A friend moved to the Bay Area from Orlando because he has a thing for Asian chicks. He lives a few blocks from downtown Walnut Creek which is east of Oakland. He can walk for pretty much everything he needs and is loving life.
Walnut Creek is night and day difference between San Francisco

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
I’ve never seen anyone get destroyed like this

I haven't seen a beatdown like this since Ivan Durago killed Apollo Creed
throw-the-damn-towel-gif-4.gif

DAMMIT I forgot there was a debate. What happened?
Sorry @goldmom you didn't miss much.

Newsom did the usual Dem thing and interrupted everything and wouldn't shut up. Deflected every question for the most part. Wouldn't defend his record. Point the finger at the Rep that they are the problem. Put very little fresh ideas out there. But had a few nice jabs. B- in my opinion.

DeSantis did the usual Rep thing. Try and defend his record with dumb answers. No defense for anything. His ideas he put out were corny at times. I felt like he got a little better grade because he seemed more professional, IMO. B in my opinion.

Oh? All my GQP friends and family say the entire state of California is a wasteland. Trad prays for Belem’s safety every morning. My Walnut Creek friend works in San Francisco and would live there if he had the money.
Would live there if he had the money*

To live there above needing to interact with poverty.

I just have one question for all the Rs who just will never shut up about how awful California is and how Dem policies ruin it. Why isn't it you don't ever think about Mississippi or West Virginia etc... red states that are way worse off than California... California has the 5th largest economy in the world... sure there are some negatives which you guys pound into the ground but there are a hell of a lot of positives as well. What are the positives for red run states like Mississippi? I'm truly asking... what conservative policies make things so much better?

So you leave your space and like, go outside? You know people and interact? Good news!

Ron being “like Trump without the baggage” is a shit ton better than the Delaware Dimwit or
Kamala Knees.
Trump is an old NY style loudmouth who did a few decent things and then ruined it all because he never knows when to shut the hell up. His best thing in 2016 was simply the fact that he was not Hillary Clinton.
Ron has been his own biggest obstacle and that’s not going to change. He’s been a good Governor and that won’t change either.

I just have one question for all the Rs who just will never shut up about how awful California is and how Dem policies ruin it. Why isn't it you don't ever think about Mississippi or West Virginia etc... red states that are way worse off than California... California has the 5th largest economy in the world... sure there are some negatives which you guys pound into the ground but there are a hell of a lot of positives as well. What are the positives for red run states like Mississippi? I'm truly asking... what conservative policies make things so much better?
I'll take a craxk at that.

California has 100x advantages of West Virginia. It has amazing cropland, ports, tourist economy, one of the world's best shorelines, weather all things "west virgina" doesn't naturally have.

It's the nicest piece on the board of risk by a mile and it underproduces like crazy.

Nobody really wonders why the 5'7 guy didn't play college basketball but everybody kinda wonders why the 6'6 guy couldn't even make a d3 team. Like bro, you have every ****ing advantage in the world, you are that unathletic?

The words are in English but are assembled in a manner that is incomprehensible.

What is your point? Or question?
Your friend would move to San Fransico if he could afford to maintain the same quality of life and not have to deal with the poverty of San Fransico, due to the cost of SF that poverty is much more present and the line is much higher than in a commuter city such as the one he lives in.

Your friend would move to San Fransico if he could afford to maintain the same quality of life and not have to deal with the poverty of San Fransico, due to the cost of SF that poverty is much more present and the line is much higher than in a commuter city such as the one he lives in.

Cities are typically more expensive than suburbs, yes. This is true pretty much everywhere including the TrumpyMAGAland of Florida

Having watched football and hockey last night instead, can someone just confirm for me that this wasn't exactly Lincoln v Douglas?

Having watched football and hockey last night instead, can someone just confirm for me that this wasn't exactly Lincoln v Douglas?
Did Lincoln tell Douglas that Douglas's father in law told Old Abe he thinks he is a better governor than his son in law?

At any point did either show a shit map?

Were the rights to defecate on the sidewalk discussed?

Did Lincoln tell Douglas that Douglas's father in law told Old Abe he thinks he is a better governor than his son in law?

At any point did either show a shit map?

Were the rights to defecate on the sidewalk discussed?
I don't seem to recall any of those things from my history classes.

My last night was certifiably awesome. On Wednesday, I offered to make a steak frites for Mrs. A and I for dinner, which she declined and said she wanted me to make my deep dish pizza instead. So last night, while she was out with her tennis friends, I was bachelor-ing it. Took a long walk from work to catch my ride home to see of the little of the national christmas tree lighting (which was sort of funny because the amplified sound you could hear was sort of a mishmash of a modern hiphop performer doing some sort of wailing christmas archipeggios, mixed with palestinian protestors chanting 'from the river to the sea'). Ah, life in DC.

Then, when i got home, I made that giant steak frites for myself to eat while I watched football and hockey. Started the evening with a small huckleberry bourbon manhattan knock-off while cooking, and had a small glass of Barboursville Octagon with the meal. Followed up with a little brownie sundae with huck sauce.

A pretty entertaining football game to watch, and even better seeing the caps actually break their month-long power play drought (!) and my neighbor tom wilson scoring a hattie in his 700th career game.

So, my wife's loss was my gain. Well, mine and my golden retriever's.

I don't seem to recall any of those things from my history classes.

My last night was certifiably awesome. On Wednesday, I offered to make a steak frites for Mrs. A and I for dinner, which she declined and said she wanted me to make my deep dish pizza instead. So last night, while she was out with her tennis friends, I was bachelor-ing it. Took a long walk from work to catch my ride home to see of the little of the national christmas tree lighting (which was sort of funny because the amplified sound you could hear was sort of a mishmash of a modern hiphop performer doing some sort of wailing christmas archipeggios, mixed with palestinian protestors chanting 'from the river to the sea'). Ah, life in DC.

Then, when i got home, I made that giant steak frites for myself to eat while I watched football and hockey. Started the evening with a small huckleberry bourbon manhattan knock-off while cooking, and had a small glass of Barboursville Octagon with the meal. Followed up with a little brownie sundae with huck sauce.

A pretty entertaining football game to watch, and even better seeing the caps actually break their month-long power play drought (!) and my neighbor tom wilson scoring a hattie in his 700th career game.

So, my wife's loss was my gain. Well, mine and my golden retriever's.
Sounds like a heck of a night. I caught the end of football after this debate. That was my first time hearing Newsomw speak. We did a Chilli with a habenro honey mixed in and corn bread.

Reactions: Aardvark86

California has 100x advantages of West Virginia. It has amazing cropland, ports, tourist economy, one of the world's best shorelines, weather all things "west virgina" doesn't naturally have.

It's the nicest piece on the board of risk by a mile and it underproduces like crazy.

Nobody really wonders why the 5'7 guy didn't play college basketball but everybody kinda wonders why the 6'6 guy couldn't even make a d3 team. Like bro, you have every ****ing advantage in the world, you are that unathletic?

You still didn't really answer my question though. What conservative policies are so much better? If they were so great why aren't they running things in California? There's lots and lots of conservatives in California... fun fact more people in California voted for trump than people in Texas did. I find it hard to believe that people in California are so stupid that they would just go with Dems if conservatives were able to do so much better for them.

I also am curious how much research you have done about what life in California is really like. Do you venture away from the conservative voices that are constantly yammering about poop and crime everywhere? Because I do and I read a lot about how awesome California is. You are right some of that is due to the built in advantages they have but not all of it. I understand your analogy but I guess I disagree at how bad it is in Cali. It's not perfect and I do agree there are things that need fixed and Dems are far from perfect but I question what Rs would do to make it so much better.

You still didn't really answer my question though. What conservative policies are so much better? If they were so great why aren't they running things in California? There's lots and lots of conservatives in California... fun fact more people in California voted for trump than people in Texas did. I find it hard to believe that people in California are so stupid that they would just go with Dems if conservatives were able to do so much better for them.

I also am curious how much research you have done about what life in California is really like. Do you venture away from the conservative voices that are constantly yammering about poop and crime everywhere? Because I do and I read a lot about how awesome California is. You are right some of that is due to the built in advantages they have but not all of it. I understand your analogy but I guess I disagree at how bad it is in Cali. It's not perfect and I do agree there are things that need fixed and Dems are far from perfect but I question what Rs would do to make it so much better.
I don't know that holding people accountable to theft laws should be considered "conservative" at this point but due to California's track record I'll start with that low hanging fruit.

California has the 3rd highest taxes( from memory) and yet the highest homeless population. There wasn't a red state even close to those numbers.

Drug laws. The "you have the right to open air drug markets" was actually a good line by rds and while I give a pass to weed anyone with a brain knows drugs are a drag on society.

Corporations are leaving in droves due to Corp tax, yet they have the natural environment every exec would want to live in ( 72 and sunny with the most beautiful coast in the world)

And look I'm just some dumbass shooting from the hip, I'm sure someone super well versed could give you even better line items on why the nicest piece on the board has turned into a shit hole no normal person can afford.

Reactions: SIXERS24
I forgot about this event, wouldn't have watched it over the NFL anyways, but sounds like I didn't miss much. I agree with others that Whiskey posts like a lunatic with ADHD, but I think that's just his general style rather than some obsessive attachment to the debate.

My impressions after reading a few commentaries, again didn't watch:

- Meatball was feistier and played the game better than in the Republican primary debates
- Was very much a two on one affair, to likely to no ones surprise
- Meatball and Hannity did a better job trying to stick to the red vs blue state premise and try to "win" with facts and figures
- Newsom tried to make it a 2024 election event as a champion for Biden
- Newsom had a number of lines that were humiliating for Meatball, in sort of a "Trumpian" way of winning debates

I get that Meatball is losing and has to take risks, I don't understand what Newsom was trying to accomplish. It seems like the motive was to skewer the Meatball in a Trumpian style on a conservative news, but to what effect? Why?

Sounds like Meatball fans have reasons to be pleased, Dems enjoyed the skewering, and center/moderates are most likely not even aware that this occurred, if they did probably thought that no one won the debate, which means maybe Hayley did.

At 6pm EST, before the debate began, DeSantis' odds to win the presidential election in 2024 sat at 53/1, while Newsom was at 10/1.

But following the fierce fight, DeSantis' odds improved to 48/1, while Newsom's dipped to 12/1, according to oddschecker.com.

I think Newsom saying “I will not be the Democratic candidate” might exert downward pressure on his numbers. Given that his statement is true, that he is still four times more likely than Desantis seems to say a lot.

Oh? All my GQP friends and family say the entire state of California is a wasteland. Trad prays for Belem’s safety every morning. My Walnut Creek friend works in San Francisco and would live there if he had the money.
All of your friends and family and “all” of California?

Thought Desantis did slightly better than Newsome but made way more factual points. Newsome did a good job of deflecting and not answering questions which is what politicians are taught to do.

Neither will probably get a sniff in this cycle. Biden has all the receipts and is not going to be put to pasture when he can wreck every democrats life. Trump supporters are too blind to see he has a minuscule chance in the general and will support him to the end of the earth.

Comparing the governorship of each state represented last night, that would hands down have to go to Desantis imo. California is a disaster on several levels and the Xi visit illustrated his ineptitude or unwillingness to fix any of their major problems while simultaneously selling out America to our biggest rival.

LOL - I can't express how amusing it is to watch you exhibit your ignorance over and over and over again. And with such vigor. If I didn't know better I would think it's an act. But in actuality you are just that stupid.

Thought Desantis did slightly better than Newsome but made way more factual points. Newsome did a good job of deflecting and not answering questions which is what politicians are taught to do.

Neither will probably get a sniff in this cycle. Biden has all the receipts and is not going to be put to pasture when he can wreck every democrats life. Trump supporters are too blind to see he has a minuscule chance in the general and will support him to the end of the earth.

Comparing the governorship of each state represented last night, that would hands down have to go to Desantis imo. California is a disaster on several levels and the Xi visit illustrated his ineptitude or unwillingness to fix any of their major problems while simultaneously selling out America to our biggest rival.
His avoidance of the China question was both impressive and infuriating. He wasn't going to touch that with a 10 foot pole.

Biden has all the receipts and is not going to be put to pasture when he can wreck every democrats life.

What does this mean? Surely, you don't literally mean Biden, because he's a vegetable that has his handlers do everything. What receipts and how do they wreck every democrats life?

Trump supporters are too blind to see he has a minuscule chance in the general and will support him to the end of the earth.

Trump supporters are much worse than blind, but Trump has a much better than minuscule chance.

California is a disaster on several levels and the Xi visit illustrated his ineptitude or unwillingness to fix any of their major problems while simultaneously selling out America to our biggest rival.

What are the several levels and how did Newsom sell out America to China?

All of your friends and family and “all” of California?

Do you not pay attention to what you or your GQP friends say? Complaining endlessly about California is republican 101. That’s true even for the small number of them that have actually visited the state.

Do you not pay attention to what you or your GQP friends say? Complaining endlessly about California is republican 101. That’s true even for the small number of them that have actually visited the state.
I like northern California and inland California, I even enjoy visiting San Diego as long as I get to leave in a week or so. Our Corp office is right outside LA and I ****ING HATE LA.

So you leave your space and like, go outside? You know people and interact? Good news!

Ron being “like Trump without the baggage” is a shit ton better than the Delaware Dimwit or
Kamala Knees.
Trump is an old NY style loudmouth who did a few decent things and then ruined it all because he never knows when to shut the hell up. His best thing in 2016 was simply the fact that he was not Hillary Clinton.
Ron has been his own biggest obstacle and that’s not going to change. He’s been a good Governor and that won’t change either.
That is exactly it!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT