ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official DNC Convention 2024 thread*****

+1

I will watch as much of the DNC as I did the RNC: 0.

Harris/Walz ticket has my vote.
I felt the same way but I'm seeing some very motivational speeches being posted on social media etc... I'm going to go back and watch some of them. As that GOP strategist said, this is a campaign of combat vs compassion.

Reactions: millah_22
Screenshot-20240808-071553-X.jpg

The internet is ruthless today.
Oh look, a GOP meme mocking consensual sex. I am shocked, shocked I tell you!

Speaks volumes of the people they are learning this from.
On a scale of 0 to he is getting his butthole touched by a truck driver, if your son broke down on the side of the road tmrw with no phone how do you feel about the education you have given him?

( I don't know if chis has driving age children, it was a joke, relax)

But you would have preferred it happen faster, so you would have been able to vote for his replacement?
I’m getting tired of this tack - it’s really only one that republicans are trying to make a thing.

You realize thru the bulk of American history, candidates for most political races were picked at party conventions? The primary process is a relatively new phenomenon, and an imperfect representation of what you’re calling the democratic process considering each state has different rules regarding who can participate/vote. Is it a democratic process if someone wins a primary because no one else ran, or less than 1/3 participate, or non-members of that party vote (or switch just to vote and then switch back)?

In a dream world, yeah I’d have liked Biden to not run at all for re-election and have a full and competitive process. But he did, and so no one seriously contested it, along with rules written to favor him - which happens for both parties when POTUS runs for reelection.

Unfortunately it took until the first debate for it to be demonstrated beyond doubt that Biden wasn’t the same guy he was four years ago.

I think the issue at hand is the Dems waited until after the primaries to toss Joe....after he won them. If they actually had a competitive primary season it wouldn't be much of an issue.
Issue at whose hand? Yours and the MAGAs? I don't really hear any democrats in my sphere (IRL and online) having an issue with it.

The amount of shit I've seen on Twitter from people making fun of Gus Walz is ****ing mind blowing. There are so many pieces of shit in the MAGA movement.

Honestly, pieces of shit is an understatement. They're the absolute scum of the earth. There just is no other way to put it.

I mean, did you expect more from the crowd that says Michelle Obama is a man?

The amount of shit I've seen on Twitter from people making fun of Gus Walz is ****ing mind blowing. There are so many pieces of shit in the MAGA movement.

Honestly, pieces of shit is an understatement. They're the absolute scum of the earth. There just is no other way to put it.
It's not maga, it's the Gen z'ers.

And yeah, it's brutal.

• Haha
Reactions: sober_teacher
I mean, did you expect more from the crowd that says Michelle Obama is a man?
Valid point. There was a fellow Hawkeye fan that I used to follow on twitter. We had different views on a lot of things, but always had decent interactions on there despite that. The other night he tweeted like 20 different things about Michelle Obama being a man, and was adamantly defending his views. He truly thinks she's a man. It was.....something else.

Needless to say I unfollowed that fella/csb

I’m getting tired of this tack - it’s really only one that republicans are trying to make a thing.

You realize thru the bulk of American history, candidates for most political races were picked at party conventions? The primary process is a relatively new phenomenon, and an imperfect representation of what you’re calling the democratic process considering each state has different rules regarding who can participate/vote. Is it a democratic process if someone wins a primary because no one else ran, or less than 1/3 participate, or non-members of that party vote (or switch just to vote and then switch back)?

In a dream world, yeah I’d have liked Biden to not run at all for re-election and have a full and competitive process. But he did, and so no one seriously contested it, along with rules written to favor him - which happens for both parties when POTUS runs for reelection.

Unfortunately it took until the first debate for it to be demonstrated beyond doubt that Biden wasn’t the same guy he was four years ago.
You had me until the last sentence. We told you that shit for months. Then we were told WE were making up lies.

How did that work out?

You had me until the last sentence. We told you that shit for months. Then we were told WE were making up lies.

How did that work out?
First, I fully admit to having some blinders on - I think most people who have elderly friends/relatives can appreciate that it’s difficult to admit when they are not simply forgetful vs actually declining.

Second - you and others have a credibility issue. Countless times clips were presented as evidence until it was later demonstrated they’d been edited or didn’t include the entire appearance. For example when Fox News had the clip of Biden at d-day ceremonies in France appearing to just wander off-camera when in fact he was walking over to greet a nearby paratrooper who’d landed off-camera. Not to mention all the gotcha moments republicans have tried to land regarding his supposed criminal activities. So you have a fair amount of chicken little syndrome going on here.

Third, many of your comments (referring to multiple posters, not just you), could also be rationalized with Biden’s long history of gaffes, as well as his stutter that he’s always had issues with, as well as him frequently still being able to turn in good public speeches such as the SOTU in ‘23.

So yeah, personally I thought he’d lost his fastball but thought he could still command most of his arsenal when needed. The debate proved to me I was wrong.

Ironically, there have been and are similar concerns about Trumps facilities, but most conservative posters here seem to not care as much.

What are you talking about? You guys are in such crappy shape I don't even need to find line items.

Your candidate is a drunk who runs from answering questions at every turn and you guys are ok with that because when she is dumb enough to speak its a train wreck. You packaged that with a guy you emasculated the shit out of, originally packaged as a "Midwestern grandpa", because every real dude saw through him immediatly.

High kick.
None of that is any where close to the shit your guy has done. But you don’t care.

First, I fully admit to having some blinders on - I think most people who have elderly friends/relatives can appreciate that it’s difficult to admit when they are not simply forgetful vs actually declining.

Second - you and others have a credibility issue. Countless times clips were presented as evidence until it was later demonstrated they’d been edited or didn’t include the entire appearance. For example when Fox News had the clip of Biden at d-day ceremonies in France appearing to just wander off-camera when in fact he was walking over to greet a nearby paratrooper who’d landed off-camera. Not to mention all the gotcha moments republicans have tried to land regarding his supposed criminal activities. So you have a fair amount of chicken little syndrome going on here.

Third, many of your comments (referring to multiple posters, not just you), could also be rationalized with Biden’s long history of gaffes, as well as his stutter that he’s always had issues with, as well as him frequently still being able to turn in good public speeches such as the SOTU in ‘23.

So yeah, personally I thought he’d lost his fastball but thought he could still command most of his arsenal when needed. The debate proved to me I was wrong.

Ironically, there have been and are similar concerns about Trumps facilities, but most conservative posters here seem to not care as much.

Very well said.🍺🍺

I've noticed your ability foe open discussion has a direct relationship with your perceived chance of victory.

Let me guess, the internet meme hurt your feelings, but the stuff about Vance ****ing a couch was different.

I'm not saying anything wrong, I'm saying the shit you don't want to admit.
You as well.
I don't need to White Knight for @Formerly Rockymtnole but I highly doubt most posters only interact with others on this board for "perceived chance of victory."

I'm pretty certain most people put others on ignore because those posters are one trick ponies when it comes to their tedious and repetitive comments.

I'm hoping that most people don't go on message boards to try and win others over as I'm guessing that the outcome of that happening is like 1%.

I personally ignore posters because they're like broken records and I found no value in what they're saying. You personally, as I've said before, genuinely should consider stepping away from posting for a bit. Lately, you're like an angry, broken record anymore and...
aint nobody got time for that GIF

You just seem miserable and jaded and that's no way to go through life. I think you're genuinely a good dude and I'd hate see you become a bitter old man like @Scruddy @Here4ADay or @kfdisciple

Be better, I have faith in you.

I don't need to White Knight for @Formerly Rockymtnole but I highly doubt most posters only interact with others on this board for "perceived chance of victory."
*In the election. Not winning some hort discussion.

I'm pretty certain most people put others on ignore because those posters are one trick ponies when it comes to their tedious and repetitive comments.

I'm hoping that most people don't go on message boards to try and win others over as I'm guessing that the outcome of that happening is like 1%.

I personally ignore posters because they're like broken records and I found no value in what they're saying. You personally, as I've said before, genuinely should consider stepping away from posting for a bit. Lately, you're like an angry, broken record anymore and...

You just seem miserable and jaded and that's no way to go through life. I think you're genuinely a good dude and I'd hate see you become a bitter old man like @Scruddy @Here4ADay or @kfdisciple

You just wrote a damn novel explaining how ive lost my cookies based on a assumption I was talkinf.about "winning" a message board.

I feel like Hillary, as flawed as she was, gave the American electorate too much credit for their ability to see through Trump. Harris seems to be high-roading the hell out of him to greater effect.
I feel some sympathy for Hillary. Quite honestly i think she had as firm a grasp on policy positions as any actual presidential nominee in the last 40 years - including her husband. But she was TERRIBLE and the human side of politics, and lacked that ability to connect with voters/command the room the way successful presidential candidates can.

Best analogy I can think of is from the OJ documentary espn did, and the lead prosecutor gal was so damn sure of her ability to connect with the jury, never realizing how badly she was misreading them. Hillary made the exact same mistake.

I wouldn’t think you would at this juncture.

If she ends up losing in November I think a lot of folks like you will look back on it differently.

If she wins…all good.
Not at all... I assumed Joe was going to lose. Especially after the tragedy of a debate. You seem to be twisting things on the democratic side to fit your Trump based narrative.

I've noticed your ability foe open discussion has a direct relationship with your perceived chance of victory.

Let me guess, the internet meme hurt your feelings, but the stuff about Vance ****ing a couch was different.

I'm not saying anything wrong, I'm saying the shit you don't want to admit.
You as well.
Nah, your style is getting more and more abrasive. You treat every post as a win lose and you’re always declaring victory. It’s obnoxious.

Also you are shitposting and making stuff up more frequently, which is annoying to wade through.

I'm quite young and full of joy, actually. One of the benefits of not being a retarded communist.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT