ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official DNC Convention 2024 thread*****

I guess you haven't heard her talk about the economy she's gonna fix on day 1... eggs up 50%, meat up 50%.... where is all this new money coming from?
It’s coming from the same place that bought Trump’s shoes and Trump’s bible and his Goya and the Kellog.

Ya know. It’s coming from some of the millions of voters currently residing in this country.

Reactions: EasyHawk
It’s coming from the same place that bought Trump’s shoes and Trump’s bible and his Goya and the Kellog.

Ya know. It’s coming from some of the millions of voters currently residing in this country.
🎶Establissssssshment..........Establishment...... you always know whats best. 🎶

If your dem daddy could see you now.

What's this plan crap? Trump has given zero plans in the past 8 years. Yet people are flipping out that Harris hasn't in 4 weeks?
Trump was president for 4 years and implemented plans, lowered taxes on businesses, had a pretty successful track record for income and jobs etc until the pandemic hit. I can appreciate that you didn't agree with his policies or didn't like his results, but 12 of the last 16 years have been democrat led administrations.

In the last 3.5+ years what can ANYONE point to with Harris and say wow she did a REALLY great job on this as VP? I understand the position is mostly a figurehead but even Obama sent Biden to meet with world leaders and make quid pro quos

What's this plan crap? Trump has given zero plans in the past 8 years. Yet people are flipping out that Harris hasn't in 4 weeks?
Yeah, the primary plans/strategy I remember in his four years was:
1). A massive tax cut for the rich and corporations (He didn’t run on that)
2). Biggest increase in national debt from any president in history (didn’t run on that, in fact he said he’d lower it on day one)
3). He’d build a glorious beautiful wall on day one and Mexico was going to pay for it. MAGA flipped out joyously on that one. (Never happened)
4). Trump saying COVID would likely be gone in April when the weather warms up. When that didn’t happen, he suggested injecting light up people’s asses to kill the covid or inject bleach into their bodies.

He’s a liar and an imbecile.

Honestly, I am tired of hearing politicians talk about “plans.” It’s always pie-in-the-sky, pandering nonsense.

At this point, it’s about having an actual adult in the White House who wasn’t alive when Adolf Hitler was. Congress will be an unproductive shit show regardless.

2). Biggest increase in national debt from any president in history (didn’t run on that, in fact he said he’d lower it on day one)
3). He’d build a glorious beautiful wall on day one and Mexico was going to pay for it. MAGA flipped out joyously on that one. (Never happened)
4). Trump saying COVID would likely be gone in April when the weather warms up. When that didn’t happen, he suggested injecting light up people’s asses to kill the covid or inject bleach into their bodies.

I don’t think the platform for 2024 could be summarized any better.

Do we know anything about Harris' economic plans? What are her plans for the border? What are her plans for immigration policy? How does she plan to reunite Americans?

I think the only reason it's been a week for the democrats is because the only thing we really know about Harris/Walz is they're not Trump/Vance. For many folks that's enough. That's how Joey got elected.
This demonstrates how willingly ignorant you are.

Economic plan includes $25K for first time home buyers, raising corporate taxes to 28%, letting the Trump tax cuts expire while not raising taxes on people making less than $400K, increasing teacher pay, raising the federal minimum wage to $15, among other aspects. The border and immigration - she is a proponent of DACA and complete overhaul of the immigration system, starting with the bi-partisan bill that Trump undermined.

She will reunite America, in large part, by being a decent human being and putting country over self or party.

“Plans” are overrated. She laid out some broad themes last night. We know what the Biden-Harris Admin has been focused on. That’s good enough.

We have a House majority blocking anything the Dems try. We have courts striking down executive orders. A Supreme Court giving the green light for lower courts to torpedo agency regulations.

What’s the point of outlining detailed plans that are likely to never come to fruition?

And yes, the handwringing from the MAGAs about a lack of “plans” is just precious. 🙄

If he's a liar then so are you. Enjoy.

🎶Establissssssshment..........Establishment...... you always know whats best. 🎶

LOL. Your guy shamelessly put Goya products on his desk (read, the Resolute desk) during an, well, advertisement.

That happened in the Oval Office during a certain presidents tenure.

If your dem daddy could see you now.

The Soviets had plans. How did those work out?
Just give me a competent person in the WH who isn't a raging narcissist and a few more moderate voices in Congress and we'll be fine. I firmly believe if Trump loses again the fever partially breaks and a pragmatic Kamala Harris gets some stuff through in exchange for holding her nose and giving up some tax breaks to people/corporations who don't need them.

So, what is your point? You’ve stated you will not vote for Harris, yet demand she answer your questions. Why do you think she needs to speak to you and those like you?
She doesn't NEED to do anything. Things are working out quite well for her.

As things stand I'm not voting for her but she isn't a hard no like Trump...I'll just put it that way.

Honestly, I am tired of hearing politicians talk about “plans.” It’s always pie-in-the-sky, pandering nonsense.

At this point, it’s about having an actual adult in the White House who wasn’t alive when Adolf Hitler was. Congress will be an unproductive shit show regardless.
Congress will depend on if the Democrats can get both houses. If the Republicans get either, next to nothing will get done because Republicans will once again try to make her a one term POTUS, working against her instead of for us. It's an automatic.

Congress will depend on if the Democrats can get both houses. If the Republicans get either, next to nothing will get done because Republicans will once again try to make her a one term POTUS, working against her instead of for us. It's an automatic.
Sounds great. ;)

• Sad
Reactions: Tom Paris
Trump was president for 4 years and implemented plans, lowered taxes on businesses, had a pretty successful track record for income and jobs etc until the pandemic hit. I can appreciate that you didn't agree with his policies or didn't like his results, but 12 of the last 16 years have been democrat led administrations.

In the last 3.5+ years what can ANYONE point to with Harris and say wow she did a REALLY great job on this as VP? I understand the position is mostly a figurehead but even Obama sent Biden to meet with world leaders and make quid pro quos

Can you name one VP that anyone would say "Wow he did a REALLY great job" about?

This is one of those times when “both sides” is applicable.

Can you name one VP that anyone would say "Wow he did a REALLY great job" about?
Al Gore invented the interweb. That was a pretty big deal. And Dick Cheney didn't kill his buddy, just peppered him with some 28-guage buckshot, could have been much worse.

That’s not what she promised.

But seriously, if she doesn’t get as much done in 4 years as she said; you’ll skip right past any obstruction in Congress.
You see it as "obstruction", I see it as a "check".

She also is on record favoring getting rid of the filibuster...I don't want to see that.

• Haha
This is one of those times when “both sides” is applicable.
400 bills sent from the House of Representatives to Mitch McConnell that NEVER SAW THE FLOOR. Now compare that with the shitshow since the Republicans took over the House 2 years ago and tell me this is a both sides thing. 400 bills not voted on. NOT ONE of those bills would have been good for the American people? Democrats are serious about governing. Republicans are not. NOT a both sides issue. I'm not saying Democrats won't block Republican bills because they will. But not to the level that McConnell did or the freaking border bill that Trump made Johnson block.

You see it as "obstruction", I see it as a "check".

She also is on record favoring getting rid of the filibuster...I don't want to see that.
What's the point of having a government if they are just, in your mind, to sit there, do nothing, and collect paychecks. You think exactly how Republican Congress members want us to think. I've heard it. They don't get in any trouble for doing nothing. SMH.

Reactions: sober_teacher
Do we know anything about Harris' economic plans? What are her plans for the border? What are her plans for immigration policy? How does she plan to reunite Americans?

I think the only reason it's been a week for the democrats is because the only thing we really know about Harris/Walz is they're not Trump/Vance. For many folks that's enough. That's how Joey got elected.
If you listened to her speech she was pretty specific in wanting to pass the bipartisan border bill Trump quashed

Not sure why you're here worrying and bringing up things to argue about if the country is completely perfect as is, and you want nothing done for anybody. The way some of you think...what the hell?
So if Trump was president you wouldn't want D's to block some of his agenda? I would.

I mean by your standard doing "something" is better than nothing. I have a feeling you'd have no problem with them blocking his agenda and getting "nothing" done.

What's the point of having a government if they are just, in your mind, to sit there, do nothing, and collect paychecks. You think exactly how Republican Congress members want us to think. I've heard it. They don't get in any trouble for doing nothing. SMH.
Once again...I think you'll sing a different tune if Trump wins. I have no problem with congress "obstructing" crap policy no natter who's president.

• Sad
So if Trump was president you wouldn't want D's to block some of his agenda? I would.

I mean by your standard doing "something" is better than nothing. I have a feeling you'd have no problem with them blocking his agenda and getting "nothing" done.
Here's the difference - I have seen Republican "policies" eff up the economy for years. If there's a policy that benefits the majority of Americans I don't want it blocked. If it lowers costs for everyday Americans I don't want it blocked. If it benefits the wealthy at the expense of the rest of it I DO want it blocked. If the Republicans pass Lankford's border bill, then no I don't want it blocked by democrats.

Like I said, Democrats passed over 400 bills that McConnell wouldn't even look at. What have the Cons done in the House the last two years? NOT SHIT. If Johnson had sent Schumer 400 bills that were dismissed I would be willing to bet that at least one of them would have benefitted the American people, but that hasn't happened. It's been a fight fest with each other and trying to put Hunter Biden in jail agenda. THE TWO SIDES ARE NOT THE SAME.

Don't be obtuse. I don't know if you're doing it on purpose or not, bins.

The only thing Trump did in office was cut taxes, appoint judges, play golf, watch tv, eat fast food and give people stupid names. That's it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT