ADVERTISEMENT

******OFFICIAL GOP Civil War Thread*********

Best case scenario, GOP splits into pro-Trump and anti-Trump factions, ignores the fact that they agree on everything except Trump and both sides cease to matter nationally.

At that point, maybe actual old school, pre-Reagan style conservatives will realize "Man we screwed the pooch for 40 years" and come back to some semblance of rational thought and action.

Not betting on it, but maybe...

The GOP is about to go to war with itself. McCarthy is going to have the Freedom Caucus breathing down his neck so he’ll have to make concessions he wouldn’t normally make to appease them or he’ll be out. There’s going to be a lot of infighting over the next two years. Trump is going to run… so who sticks with him whether they like him or not and who has the balls to run against him? Who has the balls to support those running against him? This won’t be pretty and sides will be chosen. Grab your popcorn.

The GOP is about to go to war with itself. McCarthy is going to have the Freedom Caucus breathing down his neck so he’ll have to make concessions he wouldn’t normally make to appease them or he’ll be out. There’s going to be a lot of infighting over the next two years. Trump is going to run… so who sticks with him whether they like him or not and who has the balls to run against him? Who has the balls to support those running against him? This won’t be pretty and sides will be chosen. Grab your popcorn.

Part of me wonders if McCarthy gets jettisoned. His spineless nature doesn't make him particularly popular with any part of the party. The freedom caucus doesn't like him but the moderates don't like him either.

The only thing he really has going for him is "It's his turn"

Reactions: GOHOX69
CharmingSpryAmericanmarten-size_restricted.gif

Part of me wonders if McCarthy gets jettisoned. His spineless nature doesn't make him particularly popular with any part of the party. The freedom caucus doesn't like him but the moderates don't like him either.

If not him it’s sounding like it could be Jordan.

Was thinking about starting this exact thread myself...dropping in a couple things I put on other threads yesterday...

The cute part is these nimrods think Trump and his MILLIONS of loyal, cult like followers are going to be like “Ah well, you are right. Sorry, we shall step quietly aside now and let you return the Republican Party to normalcy.”

I mean, talk about misreading your opponent. They think Trump and his followers will react rationally? FFS it’s a borderline messianic movement 😂 - they will fight to the bitter, bloody end and won’t give two shits about collateral damage on the way.

Buckle up boys, gonna be a SHOW! 🙂

Prediction:

There will be no indictment for Jan 6 for Don.

He needs to remain free to scorch earth the R’s….

I'm not willing to risk blood or treasure, but I'm on the side of any sane/normalish side that emerges. Conservative media helped create this monster, let's see if they can put the paste back in the tube or at least steer it towards sanity.

Make the GOP Sane Again!

The other thing he has going for him is nobody else really wants it. Being a GOP House Speaker is the leadership position with the most turnover.

Elise Stefanic, the person who was overwhelmingly elected by Republicans to replace Liz Cheney as Chair of the House Republican Caucus, has endorsed Donald Trump for President in 2024.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/st...esident-2024-some-push-him-delay-announcement

In addition, everybody knows that Trump owns Kevin McCarthy. If R's win control and he is not elected, the new Speaker will be even more loyal to Trump. Steve Scalise, Minority Whip, is Trump's lieutenant in DC, his top defender whose staff directly coordinates with Trump's team in Mar-A-Lago. GOP House leadership is united in their support for Trump.

Where's the opposition?

answer: where they have been the past 6 years..... in hiding, cowering, scared, submissive.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT