ADVERTISEMENT

******OFFICIAL GOP Civil War Thread*********

The traditonal conservatives who understand that Trump is destroying the GOP brand appear to be coalescing around one strategy ahead of the 2024 primaries, to wit: hope he dies soon.
You know they all want him indicted in several jurisdictions.

Sounds like the New York one will be coming down the pike soon. Will be interesting to see what happens in Georgia.

You know they all want him indicted in several jurisdictions.

Sounds like the New York one will be coming down the pike soon. Will be interesting to see what happens in Georgia.
Indictments will certainly weaken him among the general electorate but I have to believe that such a development will only invigorate support from the MAGA faction.

Last edited:
They’re going to be surprised when even an indictment or two doesn’t make him withdraw.
With indictments, Trump's primary rivals will be put in an uncomfortable dilemma: defend the prosecutions - the "rule of law" being a bedrock conservative principle - thereby estranging the MAGA cult, or attack the prosecutions and alienate moderate Republicans and independents more broadly.

They can't gain ground either way so they will likely resort to the well established weasle stategy of straddling the fence with a points favoring a bit of both positions while being particularly careful not be seen as denouncing Trump directly. Maybe someone like Christie will go full attack mode aginst Trump but I doubt it..

DeSantis going to be the 2023-24 Jeb Bush?

Remember how Jeb was a shoe-in for the nomination in 2015? I do.

JEb.jpg

Indictments will certainly weaken him among the general electorate but I have to believe that such a development will only invigorate support from the MAGA faction.
Those folks are with him no matter what. The question is what does it do to folks that only vote for him because he isn't a Democrat and will it encourage to actually get out and vote.

Reactions: nu2u
First question should be do u think Trump won in 2020. If yes, why are u running against him and being disloyal to the true president.

DeSantis going to be the 2023-24 Jeb Bush?

Remember how Jeb was a shoe-in for the nomination in 2015? I do.

JEb.jpg

Which seems odd to me as he is essentially “smart Trump” where Trump is “emotionally unstable and stupid Trump”. However when lord Trump puts someone in the corner the base just turns their back on them.

Which seems odd to me as he is essentially “smart Trump” where Trump is “emotionally unstable and stupid Trump”. However when lord Trump puts someone in the corner the base just turns their back on them.
Trump is a habit or a drug. If you've been going to church for years or watching pro wrestling for years. Even if u no longer enjoy it. U can't quit it or remove the habit from your routine.

Reactions: unIowa
Just curious, who on earth will be Trumps running mate?

I mean, who would want that gig? Trump was perfectly content with allowing Mike to get hung on Jan6th by his nut job followers.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
It’s funny to watch - former Trump sycophants discovering that Trump is loyal to no one. What?!!

Steve Cortes, a long time Trump apologist is disappointed, probably shocked, that he would personally attack McEnany.

Are these loyalists just that stupid?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT