ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official HORT Golf General Discussion Thread*****

Morikawa just throwing darts right now. Good chance to make this 5th birdie in a row.

Last edited:
Alright, spraying the board:

Top 10’s
Rory -110 T23
Koepka +175 T12

Top 20’s
Bryson +125 T4

Top 30’s
Straka +150 MC
Conners +150 T68
Ben An +110 T29
Si Woo Kim +125 MC

Top 40’s
Mitchell +115 MC
Bhatia +100 MC
N. Hojgaard +120 T68
Noren -105 T23

Good luck, gentlemen!
Updated with positions after Round 2. My gang has some work to do!

Also I think I'm gonna start playing exclusively simulator golf. I'm driving 300-330 consistently, hitting an 8 iron 190-200. And the standard 7 foot gimmes really make a guy feel good. I probably miss 40% 4-6 footers because I'm a head case at that distance.

I’ve got “the yips”….never before in my 60+ years of golf, but I got’em now.
Sometimes I can’t draw the putter back….sometimes I literally stop my down stroke before hitting the putt. It is truly a form of mental illness! Unbelievable and helpless feeling.
I know exactly what’s happening but there is nothing I can do to stop it! YIKES!

• Wow
Reactions: Scott559
Sorry to hear Joel, I turn 67 in a couple of weeks and luckily have never experienced the yips. So many famous players had battles with the yips (Watson,Hogan,Snead,Duval,Langer) so you have a lot of company. Seems experimenting with different grips is the fix most used to alleviate the problem.

Sorry to hear Joel, I turn 67 in a couple of weeks and luckily have never experienced the yips. So many famous players had battles with the yips (Watson,Hogan,Snead,Duval,Langer) so you have a lot of company. Seems experimenting with different grips is the fix most used to alleviate the problem.
I’m about ready to try a croquet mallet…

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Scott559
I'm downloading the Sportsbox AI app right now.

If anyone is interested I can do a review if you would like.

Google it if you're not familiar with it. Amazing little app that doesn't cost much considering what it does.

Pants at laundromat, Had to wear his boxers?

It’s certainly *a* look …

Who do you degens have for Jacks tournament tomorrow?

Degens unite! This should be a great 2 weeks. Jacks and then the US Open.

Core: X, S.W. Kim, Finau, Theegala

Fade: Scottie ‘cause I’m stupid.

Longshot: Fowler

Don’t know what to do because no matter what I do they will screw me like Syracuse in the NCAA: Homa

Give me your favorite core, fade, or long shot.

@hexumhawk @NoleinATL @seminoleed @fivecardstud14 @Greenway4Prez @WisestIowan @fredjr82 @Funky Bunch @jamesvanderwulf @JWolf74 @schraderj @Bank of Hawk @ICWestfan @Hawkman98 @DFSNOLE @Brian_Fantana @Kinnick 4 Prez @EpenesaEpenesa

Why Ho? And why Horschel? ;-)
I like getting my digs in at the Nole posters ‘round here.

Honestly, ever since he shot 84 at Muirfield last year, I’ve been pulling for him to get out of his funk and play well. He’s been pretty damn good this year, and I think this week will be a redemption story.

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk
First couple of holes are absolutely destroying this field. I have already seen multiple people hit to the left of #1 green and take multiple shots to get it to stay on from that spot. Flag is tucked far left front and players trying to get too delicate with it.

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk

black-people-look-alike-meme.jpg

I am heading to the LIV Tournament tomorrow and Saturday. I will report back my thoughts if y'all want. I am looking forward to it, honestly. I want to see what it's all about and root on my guy Koepka.

Why would you support something that is going to ruin one of the greatest sports in the world?

I’ve never watched a YouTube video, read an article, clicked on ANYTHING LIV.

I’ll stop watching golf completely if I have to.

LIV is the f’n devil and any true golf fan should be opposed of it.

• Haha
Reactions: fivecardstud14
At the Quad City Classic/John Deere (it was at oakwood but I think it was the the first year of the Deere when Deere Run wasn't finished in time) Mac O'Grady fired his caddy and grabbed a guy from the crowd. If you don't know anything about Mac O'Grady he was was a journeyman tour player as a right-hander but also a scratch player as a lefty. He was also a swing guru for tour players before full time swing coaches were a thing. And an all around just weird ass dude. He actually either led or was in second after round one after he randomly showed up after not playing a tour event in a couple years and I believe got in through the Monday qualifier. He literally may have been reported missing some time between appearances. Id heard about this guy so I wanted to catch him in person. After he hit his shot he would literally run to his next to get started on a series of peculiar pre shot routines. So he has this rando fat dude in a t-shirt and bucket hat on the bag. On 14 he's already been at his ball forever and he's first to play when the caddy from the crowd catches up. He just says I'll take a 9. Dude looks in the bag. Says I think I forgot it back there (on 13). Mac says you better go grab it then. Dude sets the bag down and takes off running backwards into the other group towards 13 green. Ogrady grabs what I guess was an 8 and hits a 3/4 shot with no hesitation and picks up his bag and runs after his ball like usual. Weirdest god damned thing I've ever seen in golf. Player carrying his own bag literally running one way after his ball, random dude turned caddy running the opposite direction for a lost club during the final round of a PGA tour event. There was a small handful of us for that early Sunday grouping to watch this mythical character that may have been the strangest dude to ever have a tour card, and he was tossing us Gatorades over the ropes from the players coolers for coming to the show. Most memorable group I've ever followed. And I've probably been to over a hundred rounds of that tournament in my life.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
Why would you support something that is going to ruin one of the greatest sports in the world?

Lol at “any true golf fan should be opposed to it.”

Reactions: WisestIowan
No surprise that the biggest cuck on this board is a LIV fan.
Not a LIV fan you pencil pushing little bitch. I like watching professionals hit golf shots, it’s as simple as that. I know you think your shitty kid is gonna be a professional, but with your genetics he stands no chance. Maybe he can follow his old man’s footsteps & be the biggest square in the USA.

LOL

I am heading to the LIV Tournament tomorrow and Saturday. I will report back my thoughts if y'all want. I am looking forward to it, honestly. I want to see what it's all about and root on my guy Koepka.

Gonna be hot and probably feel like an exhibition

Not a LIV fan you pencil pushing little bitch. I like watching professionals hit golf shots, it’s as simple as that. I know you think your shitty kid is gonna be a professional, but with your genetics he stands no chance. Maybe he can follow his old man’s footsteps & be the biggest square in the USA.

LMAO you are such a little bitch.

I bet your wife has a bigger dick than you.

• Haha
Reactions: fivecardstud14
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT