ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official HORT Golf General Discussion Thread*****

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Hatton, Fleetwood and Aberg are my Euros this week. Lowry doesn’t have the length needed, in my opinion.

DK has Scottie at +300. Absolutely ridiculous. But I would be dumb not to bet him!
Taking out Fleetwood.

Inserting Cam Smith and Shane Lowry. I’m favoring links style players this week. I don’t know if Aberg is a links player, but he is great tee-to-green, and is an excellent scrambler.

Final card:
Scottie 1u +300
Aberg .4u +2000
Cam Smith .2u +4000
Hatton .2u +6600
Lowry .2u +7500

Bryson sprays it everywhere in his quest to be a long drive champ. I don't think Pinehurst will reward his style.
I don't have a lot of options here since I've already taken Scottie, X, Rory, Morikawa and Brooks.
Bryson's accuracy off the tee has improved the last 2 years.
I think he's learned over the years he doesn't have to bomb it as much now. Take what the course will give you, especially this week.
He's already won 1 US Open and he's played really well in the majors this year. Outside of leaving for LIV I don't mind him.

Heard on a podcast this morning that Scottie had never been to Pinehurst before his practice round on Monday.

I have seen at least 4 or 5 players do a putter flip like that so far. These carnival-like greens are getting to these guys. I don't like it. I don't see the randomness being a "true test of golf". These tricked out greens are a joke.

If you hit a good golf shot you should be rewarded. If you hit a bad golf shot you should be punished. The way this course is set up is just too random.

Shaping up to be my worst major so far this year. I’ve come in the top 10 each major and the Players this year in my big $ pool which is good enough for 5th overall for the year out of 73.

Currently in 37th for the week at the 1/2 way point. Need Koepka, Cam or Morikawa to make some noise and need Bryson to keep playing well.

No chance for finishing in the money this week but we pay top 15 at the end of the year.

My major 2024 futures bets were Scheffler, X, Koepka, Bryson.

2/2 so far

Well, well, well... 3/3. Bryson was +800 preseason to win any major.

Total luck but WILD to think I picked the first 3 major winners out of a group of 5 total picks. I just need Koepka to win the British and it will be 4/4 and I might never gamble again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT