ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official HORT Golf General Discussion Thread*****

A fear in my life is if I finally get a HIO, it'll be with a cheap water ball that I'll then have to display forever.

About 4 years ago one of my friends sliced his ball into the pond on the Par 3 15th, Re teed and holed out his 3rd shot. In some ways great, In some ways really sucks.

Reactions: JustSayOV
About 4 years ago one of my friends sliced his ball into the pond on the Par 3 15th, Re teed and holed out his 3rd shot. In some ways great, In some ways really sucks.
I'm positive if I ever get one, this will be the scenario. But maybe not, last year I had 2 that were within a putter length. Pure luck on my part.

Reactions: Scott559
If you’re a pro golfer, which year do you pick?

7 wins - including the Players
1 major - Masters
Tour Championship
15 Top 10’s

2 wins
2 majors - PGA, Open
14 Top 10’s

Is the second major worth 5 wins?

1 major - Masters
Tour Championship
15 Top 10’s

2 wins
2 majors - PGA, Open
14 Top 10’s

2 majors, While the first scenario is obviously better from a dominance perspective, The top players live for majors and getting two in one year would be what I would pick for me as a Pro golfer.

2 majors, While the first scenario is obviously better from a dominance perspective, The top players live for majors and getting two in one year would be what I would pick for me as a Pro golfer.

I think I agree; it’s close though.

Basically my favorite major, the Masters, plus the 5th major, Players v 2 majors, Open, second favorite, and a PGA, meh but still a major.

I think I agree; it’s close though.

Basically my favorite major, the Masters, plus the 5th major, Players v 2 majors, Open, second favorite, and a PGA, meh but still a major.

The Masters is my favorite tournament as well. Obviously can’t speak for Scottie or Xander but I would guess if you asked either of them would they trade their season for the other guys season they would both decline.

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk
And just like that, the end of the real golf season.

Nothing serious other than Presidents Cup until January in Hawaii.

I wonder if Obama, Bush, and Clinton show up again.

Scottie had himself a year.

Scott Scheffler …. Hearing his name right now, I also think if Tiger and Jack….Right now, the 3 best golfers in my lifetime….Jack N. Wins by a nose w/me because of longevity of winning and number of majors…Tiger is really close… never saw a guy hit more spectacular shots over a career than Eldridge…Scotty is just so damned consistent every damned week..

Any of you had to deal with tennis/golfers elbow? I have had tennis elbow flair up in my left arm ( tennis elbow is pretty common for golfers), Have played a lot of golf and hit a lot of balls at the range this summer, Got a little discomfort a couple of weeks ago then last Tuesday had a really nasty lie in the rough and I really aggravated my elbow, Haven’t played since. I got a flexbar and started doing all the exercises for treating tennis elbow plus ice pack treatments, While not completely gone I have actually seen pretty dramatic improvement in the last few days, Got an elbow brace and going to give it a shot on Thursday. Probably pushing it a little but man I don’t want to miss fall golf season.

Reactions: JustSayOV
Any of you had to deal with tennis/golfers elbow? I have had tennis elbow flair up in my left arm ( tennis elbow is pretty common for golfers), Have played a lot of golf and hit a lot of balls at the range this summer, Got a little discomfort a couple of weeks ago then last Tuesday had a really nasty lie in the rough and I really aggravated my elbow, Haven’t played since. I got a flexbar and started doing all the exercises for treating tennis elbow plus ice pack treatments, While not completely gone I have actually seen pretty dramatic improvement in the last few days, Got an elbow brace and going to give it a shot on Thursday. Probably pushing it a little but man I don’t want to miss fall golf season.
Consistency with the ice packs. 2x a day, 15 minutes.

1 major - Masters
Tour Championship
15 Top 10’s

2 wins
2 majors - PGA, Open
14 Top 10’s

What about the gold medal?
Certainly not as important as a major, but the list of players that will ever hold one is going to be short

Had an eagle Friday. Drove the green on a par 4. Major breaker of a downhill putt. Basically aimed about 90 degrees from the hole and slightly tapped it and fell right in the center of the cup. My stats on last 10 rounds is now 10% birdies or better.. much better than my historical average of 3% birdies or better.

I use golfshot (now with my Apple Watch) to keep track of rounds, on and off for 10 years.

Good point. I think I’d go w/ the two majors but it’s close.

I believe Scottie absolutely deserves player of the year, He had a season for the ages. I think winning the gold and then the Fed Ex cup removed any doubt for me. I just also give so much weight to the majors because when all is said and done careers are judged by majors. 20 years from now when they talk about Scottie and 2024 the first thing that will come up is he won the Masters.

I believe Scottie absolutely deserves player of the year, He had a season for the ages. I think winning the gold and then the Fed Ex cup removed any doubt for me. I just also give so much weight to the majors because when all is said and done careers are judged by majors. 20 years from now when they talk about Scottie and 2024 the first thing that will come up is he won the Masters.

Yep.

He’s player of the year without a doubt. Would have been very interesting if X had won this week.

You can always ship the clubs via FedEx or something like that. I’ve done that as well as traveled with them via airplane. Have had connecting flights too but never an issue with the clubs getting lost or broken.

I do recommend taking off the driver head while you travel (should you have an adjustable driver). Put the head in your bag & wrap a towel around it.

Flying with golf clubs, advice requested:

going to Charleston sc in November and going to golf. Closest airports to me are dsm and oma. Next closest by an extra 1.5 hours is mnpls.

Only direct flight to Charleston is via mnpls and it’s also the cheapest. Being direct, the travel time from airport to airport is 2 hours less.

So I would rather not get a connecting flight from Omaha or Des Moines .. due to my clubs getting lost. Any feedback?

Why you lugging clubs?

Happy Tom Hiddleston GIF

Well guys, Got my first hole in one Monday, 145 yard 8 iron, Ball landed in the fringe and broke left perfectly about 12 feet into center of cup, Only took 55 years of playing golf.
Congrats!! It sure is an amazing feeling!

And now you get to be in an elite “subtle brag” club forever. It’s a nice perk.

Well guys, Got my first hole in one Monday, 145 yard 8 iron, Ball landed in the fringe and broke left perfectly about 12 feet into center of cup, Only took 55 years of playing golf.

Awesome, congrats. I got my first (and so far, only) shortly after I turned 51; I'd been a very low single-digit handicap since around 9th grade. Long time coming...glad you finally got one.

Congrats on the hole in ones. Need one of those someday.

Playing some of the best golf of my life right now. I started the year a 13 hcp and have shaved two strokes off that in the last month and am down to an 11 hcp. Last Wednesday I played nine holes after work and posted an even par 36. Followed that up with a few 40 and 41 rounds. Last night I was flirting with par again, even through six when my approach shot on 7 came up a little short and to the right and bounced off the green rolled sideways onto the cart path and into the junk costing me a double. Par on 8, put it in the fairway on 9 but a poor second shot cost me again, second double to finish 4 over. Two missed shots away from another par round one week apart. Actually, could have been better as I had two birdie putts that lipped out, if only they'd fallen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT