ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Indiana at Iowa Game Thread*****

Overall terrible game all around, the good thing about the game is we still played ok defense.

giphy.gif

Our backup pg toussaint didn’t see the floor till 2 min left. But we watch Patrick miss floater after floater In the lane off the bench.

Nunge played okay but he wasn't taking advantage of the mismatch on offense because he doesn't have a post game. Fran should have went back to Keegan. JoeT was at least a disruptor and he and Ulis could have played some. The starters went huge stretch without scoring and they were terrible on defense. Big mistake by Fran not shaking it up.

PMAC...he likes his runners in the lane but he shoots hard of the glass and wrong angle...not even close. He was not good. Even Kris Murray with zero experience would have at least played better defense and not miss a bunch of shots.

Horrible game. Iowa needs either JBo or Fredrick to be making 3pt shots. Fredrick out and JBO missing, game over. Garza can't beat teams by himself.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
Oh well, at least I will make a few $$ when Tampa beats the Packers on Sunday,

I'm not going to make too much of this game but what we get this season is the max of what we can expect from Fran. We have the best player of my life and three good 3 point shooters around him. Its not realistic to think Fran is going to get better pieces for his system than what we have right now. Tonight sucks but it will pass. If his team falls apart due to bad defense and weird line up rotations that is just what we are going to have to accept, no matter how good the O is.

Reactions: Nohawknamesleft
Loser coach? IN has more talent than Iowa has had since Raveling was here. Every blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. Iowa won't shoot like that again.

Said they wouldn't shoot like that again after the Gonzaga game too.

Give JBo 10 minutes to get his shot going next game. If he doesn't, sit him and play Joe T, Perkins, and Ulis. At least you will get defense then.

This^^^, I like Jbo and will defend him most of the time but if he's not hitting his 3's he's worthless to us, against a in your face defense like Indiana he can't break his defender down and collapse a defense. This is when Joe T needs to take his minutes, he at least puts pressure on the defense and opens shooters.

Loser coach? IN has more talent than Iowa has had since Raveling was here. Every blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. Iowa won't shoot like that again.
I thought that after Gonzaga but here we are again, shooting like shit.

This^^^, I like Jbo and will defend him most of the time but if he's not hitting his 3's he's worthless to us, against a in your face defense like Indiana he can't break his defender down and collapse a defense. This is when Joe T needs to take his minutes, he at least puts pressure on the defense and opens shooters.

Hence the fade away 3 he had to throw up in the second half. Joe T would have blown by the defender playing that tight

Please quit posting if you can’t support the team...good or bad!!
Yeah sir, I mean no insult but you are wrong here. We are a once in a life time national championship type program and this lineup, on paper, has a chance to do it. I dont think fans are NC or bust but I think we all agree this team is special. Sometimes you have to meet expectations.

Really, I'll bet you we do. Remember Gonzaga?

Jordan should have been benched after the first half. Connor is just a pawn on the chessboard - he provides this team no real value while he’s out there.

Fran needs to look at the freshman guards for a lot more playing time. Toussaint especially, but both Ulis and Perkins can handle more minutes. This team is capable of driving the ball down the lane with guards. Doing it with forwards is a recipe for what we just saw.

Fran also put out a bunch of head scratching lineups out there along with some head scratching defensive calls to go along with those lineups. We got a Keegan/Pat/Nunge/Connor combination out there for several minutes today. That’s a recipe for disaster with not enough footspeed on defense and nobody that could create offense either.

Reactions: CarterHall

The Hawkeyes were 10-8 in conference last year with a player of the year candidate.

Wanna look up data on that before saying it?
Listen, the team may lose but your lack of support does nothing to back the team. It’s a fact, home court advantage with no fans in attendance changes the game drastically. You can debate all you wan but whether In person or on some stupid chat board, the team needs your support and if you can’t give it, quite commenting!

Listen, the team may lose but your lack of support does nothing to back the team. It’s a fact, home court advantage with no fans in attendance changes the game drastically. You can debate all you wan but whether In person or on some stupid chat board, the team needs your support and if you can’t give it, quite commenting!
1. You’re not paying attention, clearly they have my support
2. Home win % completely disagrees with your theory..

Let’s put this in perspective hawks fans yes this loss Stings. However will hurt a lot worse in March. If the team learns from it, we won’t have a March disappointment.

Some of us actually care about wins and losses.
And to say I don’t is ridiculous, but I assure you, the outcome is much better when supporting team than turning your backs. You sure want to relish when times are g
1. You’re not paying attention, clearly they have my support
2. Home win % completely disagrees with your theory..
no point in replying to such ignorance!!

On the bright side, I can wear a new shirt on game days. I think it was 7 wins in a row-in the Big10. That’s pretty good.

Yeah sir, I mean no insult but you are wrong here. We are a once in a life time national championship type program and this lineup, on paper, has a chance to do it. I dont think fans are NC or bust but I think we all agree this team is special. Sometimes you have to meet expectations.
Correct and sometimes you don’t, then what??? Abandonment or support!!, the result may be the same, so support your Hawkeyes!!

They will play hard on defense but they struggle to score, worse than 5 of my buddies on Karaoke night. They’re a more talented Todd Lickliter Iowa team.
I’m only on page one and I will try not to quote too many but my God I am already laughing

Wow you are unbelievable. You like telling people what to do don't you?? You need to grow up. If you can't handle other people being upset and critical and expressing themselves then internet forum boards are a place you should avoid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT