ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Iowa @ Michigan Game Thread*****

Now we get to listen to the analysts slobber all over Michigan and how they're right there with 1 & 2.

Michigan deserves it. They blew out the best player in the country.

Truth hurts sometimes.
Garza was worn into the ground tonite.

I don't understand people saying refs will be different in the tournament. Teams that have the reputation of playing good defense usually get the benefit of the doubt. I don't see it changing that much. Michigan, Ohio State and Baylor have that and so does Gonzaga to some extent.

When I saw the officiating crew, I thought Iowa would be in for a tough night. Poor shooting only compounded that.

It was going to be a tough game anyway. Let's hope that this inspires the team to be more focused and prepared for OH State.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
No question, Michigan is the best in the Big 10. But they are beatable, especially by a team who can match there physicality. We can’t. We were tight, missing way too many chip shots. No rhythm at all offensively. This team has always struggled against physical teams such as MSU and Purdue. (Sparty was awful this year, but I wouldn’t want to play them again). Howard’s done a good job. He can recruit, but his best find was Martelli....a fabulous coach.

Fran should have someone "accidentally" undercut Dickinson in those last 2-3 minutes.

Teach Howard a lesson about leaving your stars in until :50 left in a game where you're already up 20+, against a team that pulled all its starters minutes ago.

Lost a lot of whatever respect I had for Howard after this one. Classless.
Howard was clearly sending Fran a message

Despite this game's outcome, bring on Sunday @ OSU. * it. Let's go.

Unless the Buckeyes absolutely can't miss from the perimeter, Hawks will have a shot if they defend for the whole game like they did in the 1st half tonight.

If they get the same officiating crew as tonight, though, they'll start off 8-on-5 before the opening tip.

Fran should have someone "accidentally" undercut Dickinson in those last 2-3 minutes.

Teach Howard a lesson about leaving your stars in until :50 left in a game where you're already up 20+, against a team that pulled all its starters minutes ago.

maybe he should have proved himself on the court

He gets called for some weird stuff. Maybe they are legitimate fouls but I don’t really see anyone else get that kind of scrutiny.
First of all, I'm digging the name lol I feel like BIG refs are real inconsistent with the level of physicality they allow. The Illinois vs Mich St game was a slugfest the other night., but I'm sure Joe T would have found a way to rack up fouls.

We're not that far. Piss poor shooting night. Won't be like that in the big ten tournament.
Due to contested shots. If Iowa has to really work for their shots, they do not shoot well at all. Michigan didn't have very many contested shots in the second half and their percentage was around 60 at one point.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK

Just put Ogundele in there and drop the hammer on him. That kid is a tank.

The poor shooting night is a weak excuse. Every time Iowa plays somebody good they shoot poor. That’s on Fran. The book has been written how to beat Iowa. Don’t let them make threes. Michigan did this last year when Garza scored 44 in the first game. They can’t make threes because not one of the four guards that start can beat their man off the dribble and kick to an open shooter. Every other team that has beat Iowa this year did this whenever they wanted. Joe t should have been starting all year along with Keenan. Jbo and Conner should have been coming off the bench. Fran wasted this season. He simply can’t coach.

Due to contested shots. If Iowa has to really work for their shots, they do not shoot well at all. Michigan didn't have very many contested shots in the second half and their percentage was around 60 at one point.
Now come on they weren't all contested shot. They just didn't fall.

When I saw the officiating crew, I thought Iowa would be in for a tough night. Poor shooting only compounded that.

It was going to be a tough game anyway. Let's hope that this inspires the team to be more focused and prepared for OH State.
Sorry but if this team didn’t become focused after the Minnesota game then there’s no hope. They know what’s on the line and if that didn’t inspire them to get their head out of their ass then, there is no hope. I’m about Fran’d out, nothing changes with him. It’s getting old. My tantrum is over.

The poor shooting night is a weak excuse. Every time Iowa plays somebody good they shoot poor. That’s on Fran. The book has been written how to beat Iowa. Don’t let them make threes. Michigan did this last year when Garza scored 44 in the first game. They can’t make threes because not one of the four guards that start can beat their man off the dribble and kick to an open shooter. Every other team that has beat Iowa this year did this whenever they wanted. Joe t should have been starting all year along with Keenan. Jbo and Conner should have been coming off the bench. Fran wasted this season. He simply can’t coach.
It’s the defensive pressure. We had an “off” shooting night against Gonzaga as well. It’s no coincidence that this happens against teams who play high pressure perimeter defense

Players fvcked up a lot out there. Gave up far too many easy baskets and they themselves couldn’t hit a shot.
He's the coach, he's responsible for having a game plan, recruiting, and making sure they are ready.

Iowa was down 3 with 16:08 left in the second half and Connor decided to go rouge and double team Dickinson in the middle leaving Wagner wide open in the left corner for an uncontested 3. Was Iowa in a zone or were they playing man to man? That 3 pointer was the turning point in the game and Michigan never looked back, that and C.J. Fredrick becoming a non-factor in the second half.

Hawks will have a shot if they defend for the whole game like they did in the 1st half tonight.
Agree. They did 😃 in the first. In the second they 💩 the bed. I think we have a 50-50 chance to win Sunday, but with Jack out, I'm not feeling too good about this. Purdue and Wisky breathing down our necks. No matter the outcome at Ohio St., we have to finish strong at home for our last two. Keeping my fingers crossed for Jack to get back. Sure wish Josh was able to go.

The irony of this.... calling for someone to be intentionally undercut because the other coach is classless in your eyes. Yikes, I feel sorry for you man

He's the coach, he's responsible for having a game plan, recruiting, and making sure they are ready.
Do you expect McC to have planned on Luka playing like crap? On Nunge going down early? On CMac getting injured early in the 2nd half?

Maybe your expectations for a road game at #3 are a little too high?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT