ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Iowa @ Michigan State Game Thread*****

I know JBo's whole thing is 3ptrs, but why are end of half and end of game always drawn up for him or he always keeps it for the last shot? Let JoeW try it once in a while.

I remember @RU a couple years ago... do the coaches??

Reactions: IAFB2021Champs
Good half. Just hope Fran doesn’t get dumb with his rotations in the second half. Joe t did good while he was in. If he doesn’t play in the second half and jbo plays the entire second half, I might have to stop watching the rest of the season.

Garza letting Weiskamp know that he had the smallest guy on the court posted up in transition, and that if he would've got it in to him instead of rushing that 3, then Garza would've dunked that guy back into his mother's womb...........

How they missed that, I have no idea, but it seems very BAU.

we got swept by INdy:confused:

OSU and Illinois win the close ones, Iowa has folded the close ones. Indiana is Fran's kryptonite this year.
Like Purdue got us twice last year.

My Fox feed went out....what happened with JoeT....he was playing and by time I got feed back, he Gone.

Good half. Just hope Fran doesn’t get dumb with his rotations in the second half. Joe t did good while he was in. If he doesn’t play in the second half and jbo plays the entire second half, I might have to stop watching the rest of the season.
I thought Fran managed rotations really well in the first half. Gave all the usual bench guys a chance to make an impact. Hopefully we open it up more in 2H and give the freshmen a chance for extended minutes

Reactions: Slim45
Pretty darn good 1st half. Keep foot on the gas and win by at least 20.

Happy with Nunge' play so far. Would like to see Uhlis take advantage of this PT and attempt to drive to the hoop or something.

Iowa leading the overall rebounds 19-15 but are trailing in offensive rebounds 6-3 and it seems like they've scored on all six. With a 19-point lead and 2:07 left in the half, I'd consider not bringing Garza back right. 2nd foul coming.
You don't have many offensive rebounds when you aren't missing many shots. 🙂

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
I know JBo's whole thing is 3ptrs, but why are end of half and end of game always drawn up for him or he always keeps it for the last shot? Let JoeW try it once in a while.

I remember @RU a couple years ago... do the coaches??
Thought the same. Weezy’s been the hottest shooter besides Garza all year. Get him the ball. Did Iowa have a TO to draw something up?

Reactions: HawkBall23
I saw those seeds. Why would they make a number 1 seed play a rematch? That seems unfair to the Bulldogs. While not eager to see the Bulldogs again a tourney rematch in the Sweet 16 seems unfair.

Here’s my halftime speech:

Great half but we’re not done. We’re not even close to being done. We’ve been coming to this arena for years and sometimes we’ve been screwed and other times we’ve been embarrassed. Today we have a chance to embarrass Sparty at home. I’m not talking about a 3 point win. I’m not talking about a 10 point win. I’m talking about the chance to win by 25+ on their court. We can do it. Let’s hang 100 on them and celebrate tonight!

To my knowledge, this is the 1st game all year that IOWA has okayed M2M the entire game, is that correct?

and the defensive rebounding had eliminated the 2nd chance offensive rebounds and open 3 point shooting.

(at least of tMSU’s 3’s were off an inbound zone defense)

is there legs to this?

I also noticed the halftime talking heads completed missed this observation

Here’s my halftime speech:

Great half but we’re not done. We’re not even close to being done. We’ve been coming to this arena for years and sometimes we’ve been screwed and other times we’ve been embarrassed. Today we have a chance to embarrass Sparty at home. I’m not talking about a 3 point win. I’m not talking about a 10 point win. I’m talking about the chance to win by 25+ on their court. We can do it. Let’s hang 100 on them and celebrate tonight!

Iowa blew out MSU in Breslin when Clemmons/Gessell went off...that's been a few years. That team unfortunately'folded later in the season.

Reactions: Pepperman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT