ADVERTISEMENT

**** OFFICIAL IOWA VS. DAVIDSON GAMEDAY THREAD ****

Originally posted by MlbHawkFan:
Woah, can you pick my lotto numbers please.
I'm not Nostradamus, this game is classic Aaron White destroys them in the 2nd half. They're just too friggin small. I have no idea why the talking heads called this a mismatch for Iowa.

This one just needs to be iced up. It would take a miracle for Davidson at this point. Just finish it strong, play it like it's still a 5 point game.

Originally posted by hawkeye ball:

Too soon?

ec

Too soon, but close.

Jok: 12 points, 5/9 from 3, 0 (count them) 0 TOs. We'll need that to continue after today.

Did he get penalized -3 points for something?

Originally posted by EvilMonkeyInTheCloset:
We're shooting 52.5% for the game right now, and it's gotta be above 60% in the 2nd half. Absolutely nuts.
Well, it took over half the game but, once they figured out how Davidson was guarding White, it became a rout.

Guarantee after all the nail-biters in this round, this performance is going to shoot some fear in the rest of the field. Mostly based on the fact so many "experts" were saying Iowa would lose to Davidson.

No one gave Iowa credit for how good they are defensively. They have ridiculous length.

If we can get this production out of Jok and gessel next game, we stand a really good chance of beating Gonzaga and maybe going as far as the elite eight.

Welp, if Uthoff is gonna miss everything I guess tonight is the night. We can afford it.

Originally posted by backinblack23:
If we can get this production out of Jok and gessel next game, we stand a really good chance of beating Gonzaga and maybe going as far as the elite eight.
We need Uthoff to play better than today.

The fat lady is singing "in heaven there is no beer" boys its over !!

This post was edited on 3/20 6:33 PM by BIG BOY HAWK

I'm so happy right now I am giggling. All the national pundits can just eat shit right now. When the brackets were announced I thought this was a great matchup for Iowa, the tard bucket talking heads almost convinced me out of it.

20+ win over the Davidson Darlings? I'm so freaking happy.

Congrats fellas. Been a long 14 year wait for this feeling. Lets keep it rolling on Sunday.

POLKA

Not get too far ahead of ourselves, but a game like this makes me feel like we're just about to reach elite status among basketball programs.....I know Iowa isn't yet.....but it feels better being closer to it though!

Sounds like UNI fans need to band together to have a "co-sweet sixteen party" on Sunday night before they leave Seattle on Sunday and disrupt Gonzaga's home court advantage then.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT