ADVERTISEMENT

**** OFFICIAL IOWA VS. DAVIDSON GAMEDAY THREAD ****

Like the NBA, the first half doesn't matter. Big leads almost always go away in the second half if the other team is any good at all.

Good news is we're on pace for 78 points. When we score that many, we rarely lose.

Need guards to penetrate and take it to the basket and get offensive rebounds or post up Woody, White, Olaseni or Uthoff in the second half. We shouldn't be taking any contested jumpers at all.

Good first half. They made a few garbage shots to make it look closer than it is.

We come out and play alright, avoiding any 4+ minute scoring droughts, we win this with room to spare.

GO HAWKS!

Let's keep running our offense here. Not just half screens and jog to a spot on the floor and pretend that we can do something one on one......................that was our offense the last 2 minutes of the half.

That won't win an NCAA tournament game against a team that lives by the 3.

Finish your damn shots! F***!!!

Originally posted by ThatsFootball:
Good first half. They made a few garbage shots to make it look closer than it is.

We come out and play alright, avoiding any 4+ minute scoring droughts, we win this with room to spare.

GO HAWKS!
Garbage shots count just like any other. I hate when people act like a win isn't a win if luck is involved. Well, that LSU Cap 1 victory counted, and luck was involved.

Hawks need to come out with great intensity at the start of the second half . Hit them in the mouth early by making shots cause you know they're going to come out firing the second half with offensive adjustments made a half . I think this is where the game could be decided in the first 5 minutes of the second half.

They're not good. Lost to NC by 18 -- what did Iowa do? Only played 3 good teams.
But please refrain from calling them midgets. Appropriate vernacular is "Davidson Little People"

Originally posted by HRiscool:

GO HAWKS!
Garbage shots count just like any other. I hate when people act like a win isn't a win if luck is involved. Well, that LSU Cap 1 victory counted, and luck was involved.
I consider driving to the lane, throwing the ball 16' into the air over Woody, having it bank in, while almost falling down garbage.

Just IMHO.

Originally posted by hansenhawk:
Terrible PG play might do us in yet.

ANNOUNCERS ARE HAPPY!

Geez, could they at least be a little unbiased here?
2ast/1TO between MG and Sapp in the 1st half. We get that same ratio in the second and we win.

Originally posted by HRiscool:

GO HAWKS!
I consider driving to the lane, throwing the ball 16' into the air over Woody, having it bank in, while almost falling down garbage.

Just IMHO.
Also, shots that fall after bouncing off the top of the backboard.

That top of the backboard shot was like some sort of stupid pool trick shot. Iowa has answered that retardery fortunately.

I'll be surprised Davidson gets any closer than 5 points. It'll see-saw from 5 to 10 points and then end up with a 10 to 15 point win by closing it out at the free-throw line.

laugh.r191677.gif
@ Davidson getting a call on the hook and Olaseni didn't get the call the trip before

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT