ADVERTISEMENT

*** Official *** Minnesota Dual predictions, preparations, discussion, etc.

Lots of positive stuff tonite...first period takedowns, no stalling points/warnings, and mostly good defense.

Reactions: TarpHawk
To be fair, Joles was up to almost 230 last year wrestling heavy. He’s as big of a 197 as you’ll find.

Salazar similar at 184 and Skillings has been a 184 every other year. Our upper guys are cutting a lot.
I wondered if this was my buddy from Bricelyn but I don't think he knows how to upload images. But if you've ever been to TJ's in Frost, LMK.

Kueter looks like he could go at 184 ;)

Big time ovation for BK
Big snap no follow
rubbing heads
Bk lunges and misses, MN cuts around, reaction time , body lock? no and BK is free and then lunges again
with 1:11 Bk on a leg
MN Draped
Rolls and covers
TD BK
Now he's trying a Spencer Tilt
Nope
esc
19 RT
30 seconds left
3-1
end 1

2nd period
BK on top
BK nice mat return
sit out and up and out
esc at 1:17
RT is 62secodnds
3-2 lead
BK has a leg but nothing
not sure if Tabor has shot yet.
Tabor tries a slide, trip
end of 2

3rd period
BK down
Irosndie sees BK getting tired
BK being riddden and grabs a leg
Cannot elevate
now Tabor hanging on
BK uses the leg and RV
1 min left
5-2
RT is buidling from 22
esc Tabor
42 seconds
5-3
Tabor dives at leg
Deep
BK trying to peel
Cannot
Tabor back to leg
Stacked
BK in trouble
Waatch neutral danger
10 seconds
Bk hangs on
5-3 winner
Iowa wins 22-9.

Wow. Ben hangs on. He was definitely gassing some. Nerves might have played a part.

This. Those nerves and adrenaline burn you.

Build that gas tank. He'll still be undersized this year, but roll with him. With football you may not get that 5th year

Reactions: MitchLL
3 pt takedown great for bonus
but also
talk about Kale Peteresen
"he let the guy get his hands locked and gave up two td
threw your legs back
Fundamentals and basics"
Lots of brownie crumbs and Tom may have gotten the last brownie.

So much better than hill though. He needs matches and room time. Odds are we dont get him 4 yrs so use him while we got him
Serious question, can Ben beat Hill? I'd be shocked if he could at this point.

Ben is the future but I think hes fodder for anyone in the top 12 this year, wrestle him a few times, well see you next year at 240

Entertaining dual. Left points on the board. Ayala looked good. Teske will be the guy at 133 (we already knew that, but good to see Petersen get the nod here as Teske's punishment). Good to see Kueter, even though he wasn't quite ready for primetime.

This dual gave me aids then Keuter won and now I don't have aids.

giphy.gif

Entertaining dual. Left points on the board. Ayala looked good. Teske will be the guy at 133 (we already knew that, but good to see Petersen get the nod here as Teske's punishment). Good to see Kueter, even though he wasn't quite ready for primetime.
I don't think Teske has won the spot yet. Atleast I hope not.
Not having Brands/Assad and Cassioppi really does hurt this year. Kueter is not quite ready and 184 is a big hole

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT