ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Minnesota @ Iowa Game Thread: Keep Floyd Home*****

I’m starting to get hard watching this offense.

giphy.gif

between the wrong hole post, omfg god post, i'm getting hard post i'm no longer sure i'm watching a fb game

with a nearly 100 year old stadium at some point we will need a new one. But honestly I cant think of where it would be. There is no space near campus. And tearing down Kinnick and rebuilding seems unlikely because there is no where to temporarily play during construction
What I remember hearing was that prior to the remodel that started in 2005, there was talk of where Iowa would look to build a new stadium if that was the option they'd ultimately want to go with.

The main location they had in mind is nearby the Rec Complex where the field hockey and soccer fields are located and where Iowa hosts several outdoor intramural events.

I think the struggle will be, as you mentioned, coming up with the land to build a new stadium anywhere other than over the current site given how constrained everything has become on campus.

Bummer. Would've liked to see Goodson get his TD. Hopefully many more scores to come for AP.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT