ADVERTISEMENT

**Official Northwestern Dual Thread**

I don’t think Amine is 100%. He’s lost a few recently and was dominated by Messinbrink. He sat vs tOSU. Caliendo is a rough matchup for him. He may see him vs the freshman Cali st. champ.
I dont think Amine will do well against Calis style.

I dont think Amine will do well against Calis style.
When Amine is right he’s a tough out for anybody. He beat PK, Hamiti and Griffith at NCAAs, his win over the Bull still
stings. Caliendo is wrestling really well right now and Amine doesn’t look healthy. Michigan likely holds him back and lets him work on getting healthy. They have a quality back up in Mantanona.

Reactions: Rotisserie Scrotz
When Amine is right he’s a tough out for anybody. He beat PK, Hamiti and Griffith at NCAAs, his win over the Bull still
stings. Caliendo is wrestling really well right now and Amine doesn’t look healthy. Michigan likely holds him back and lets him work on getting healthy. They have a quality back up in Mantanona.
I think Bull and many others are good with or unable to change the defensive battleground Amine loves. Cali has no backup defensive wrestling in him that I see so Im not sure Amine can keep pace. Anyway, if I was Cali, that is how Id wrestle it, worked for Messenbrink.

Lol on the biting. That was ridiculous strategy.
You should watch it - very obvious. And hilarious cause it made matters much worse. Messenbrink hard cross face then amine just opened up to take a nibble. Messen told and showed ref but nothing done. So he decided to break him in front of everyone as punishment. I don’t like PSu but it was glorious to watch.

You should watch it - very obvious. And hilarious cause it made matters much worse. Messenbrink hard cross face then amine just opened up to take a nibble. Messen told and showed ref but nothing done. So he decided to break him in front of everyone as punishment. I don’t like PSu but it was glorious to watch.
I did see it — your reminder was funny. Although biting is a total dirtball move, it always makes me laugh when guys resort to it.

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
So you taking Mess over the field? Hope ya dont have alot of $$ on that.
He made a three-time AA and a two-time #4 place finisher at nationals look like a child. Obviously 165 is a grinder of a class but I'm interested to see how his pressing style does v. guys like KOT and Carr. I think he could give them fits.

He made a three-time AA and a two-time #4 place finisher at nationals look like a child. Obviously 165 is a grinder of a class but I'm interested to see how his pressing style does v. guys like KOT and Carr. I think he could give them fits.
Maybe but KOT would be the last person Id want to press into action.

Reactions: Trapper85
Maybe.

But I am opinionated and don't really give a rat's ass if anyone agrees with me.
Not afraid to step on toes.
100% get that... long time listener (lol)... I'm the same way most of the time. Just not when I'm talking very specifically about a college kid who is busting his ass every day in the Iowa Wrestling Room. Just gives me a little different rub. A lot of critics on here that never did anything close to what these guys are trying to do. Maybe you did.

He’s a stud, but Amine clearly isn’t firing on all cylinders and wasn’t from the opening whistle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grip220

I’d be surprised if they didn’t…I believe I saw a “duals don’t matter” tweet from old man Amine. Rest him and get him ready for B1Gs.

Reactions: so cal hawkfan
Not sure how the NW 157 pounder didn’t give up more than a single Nile stall warning.

Franck had 10 full blown shot attempts where he penetrated.

Chumbly did not take a single Nile legitimate shot. He had two maybe three swipes at a sweep single but never came close to putting himself at risk of scoring.

Frank does need to finish on those better. But it was painful watching the NW guy do nothing.

Reactions: Chuck C
Not sure how the NW 157 pounder didn’t give up more than a single Nile stall warning.

Franck had 10 full blown shot attempts where he penetrated.

Chumbly did not take a single Nile legitimate shot. He had two maybe three swipes at a sweep single but never came close to putting himself at risk of scoring.

Frank does need to finish on those better. But it was painful watching the NW guy do nothing.
Just the tip doesn't count! Gotta seal the deal.

Iowa 46 Northwestern 0

125 - Drake Ayala (Iowa) tech Massey Odiotti (Northwestern) 19-4

133 - Cullan Schriever (Iowa) tech Patrick Adams (Northwestern) 24-9

141 - Brody Teske (Iowa) tech Kolby McClain (Northwestern) 17-1

149 - Caleb Rathjen (Iowa) fall Aiden Vandenbush (Northwestern) 3:46

157 - Jared Franek (Iowa) dec Trevor Chumbley (Northwestern) 4-1SV

165 - Michael Caliendo (Iowa) tech Maxx Mayfield (Northwestern) 21-5

174 - Patrick Kennedy (Iowa) maj David Ferrante (Northwestern) 11-2

184 - Aiden Riggins (Iowa) dec Troy Fisher (Northwestern) 4-2

197 - Zach Glazier (Iowa) maj Evan Bates (Northwestern) 11-2

285 - Ben Kueter (Iowa) fall Jack Jessen (Northwestern) :45

ADVERTISEMENT