ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Northwestern @ Iowa game thread*****

Earlier I responded flippantly to someone who said Fran should be fired for playing his sons too much. While I won't go that far, Keegan should for sure be playing before Patrick.
Please tell us what Connor gives as a starter over Joe.

Hawks are playing good defense outside of Nance. Garza is off and we are up 9 which is good, but we should have taken more advantage of all the TO's by NW.
Yeah I think they limit TOs to five our less this half.. gonna have to make them go one and done on the offensive end.

Loved the pass to Keeg by Patrick for the backdoor dunk. Need to see Nunge get back to the low post game. Good thing NW doesn't have anybody else going besides Nance.

Reactions: BBHawk
Earlier I responded flippantly to someone who said Fran should be fired for playing his sons too much. While I won't go that far, Keegan should for sure be playing before Patrick.
I really really like Keegan but I'm sure they deserved whatever comment you made ;)

Here is my take, not that anyone cares.

The half felt weird and as I state below, I feel like we should be up 20. NW has some energy but making mistakes. They need to stay with their high screen and roll. We can't defend it.

Connor, as much as I like him, sat with two fouls and Murray made an instant impact on both ends of the floor. I'm not saying Murray needs to start but I love his minutes.

The two game from NW between Garza and Bohannon is genius from NW. Bohannon has played better defense but still just a step slow. Garzilla is more than a step slow. Just a bit of an off night on the offensive end too.

Pat played good minutes and made some good things happen on both sides of the ball.

CJ has been awesome on both sides if the floor.

I would love to see a 15 pt lead by 15 min.

Aside from Nance, that was the worst half of basketball by NU this year. Just a bumbling performance.

The sad thing is that I don't think we played that well on offense. I kept thinking "why aren't we up 20?" Bad shot selection, a few missed freebies and poor defense, especially in the two game pick and roll.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT